Daily Reading for Monday, October 14th, 2013
Reading 1, Romans 1:1-7
1 From Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle,
2 set apart for the service of the gospel that God promised long ago through his prophets in the holy scriptures.
3 This is the gospel concerning his Son who, in terms of human nature
6 You are among these, and by his call you belong to Jesus Christ.
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 98:1, 2-3, 3-4
1 [Psalm] Sing a new song to Yahweh, for he has performed wonders, his saving power is in his right hand and his holy arm.
2 Yahweh has made known his saving power, revealed his saving justice for the nations to see,
3 mindful of his faithful love and his constancy to the House of Israel. The whole wide world has seen the saving power of our God.
4 Acclaim Yahweh, all the earth, burst into shouts of joy!
Gospel, Luke 11:29-32
31 On Judgement Day the Queen of the South will stand up against the people of this generation and be their condemnation, because she came from the ends of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, look, there is something greater than Solomon here.
Reading 1, Judges 2:11-19: 11 The Israelites then did what is evil in Yahweh's eyes and ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 106:34-35, 36-37, 39-40, 43, 44: 34 They did not destroy the ... Gospel, Matthew 19:16-22: 16 And now a man came to him and asked, 'Master, what good deed ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- St. Andrew the Scot: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, August 22, 2017
- 10 US Sailors missing after serious collision in Southeast Asian ...
- 'Annabelle: Creation': Catholic Exorcist discusses power of hit ...
- Statue of St. Serra vandalized, are Christian crosses next?
- Jerry Lewis passes away at 91, was most proud of his family HD Video
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, August 22, 2017
- 'A Sign of the Times': A warning against 'expelling incoming ...
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, August 23rd, 2017 HD
- Mother shares tragic photo of dying daughter as she pulled the plug on her life support HD
- Pope Francis asks for prayers following terror attacks in Spain HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, August 22nd, 2017 HD