Daily Reading for Friday, September 13th, 2013
Reading 1, First Timothy 1:1-2, 12-14
13 even though I used to be a blasphemer and a persecutor and contemptuous. Mercy, however, was shown me, because while I lacked faith I acted in ignorance;
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 16:1-2, 5, 7-8, 11
1 [In a quiet voice Of David] Protect me, O God, in you is my refuge.
5 My birthright, my cup is Yahweh; you, you alone, hold my lot secure.
7 I bless Yahweh who is my counsellor, even at night my heart instructs me.
Gospel, Luke 6:39-42
41 Why do you observe the splinter in your brother's eye and never notice the great log in your own?
42 How can you say to your brother, "Brother, let me take out that splinter in your eye," when you cannot see the great log in your own? Hypocrite! Take the log out of your own eye first, and then you will see clearly enough to take out the splinter in your brother's eyes.
Reading 1, Hosea 14:2-10: 2 Israel, come back to Yahweh your God your guilt was the cause ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 81:6-8, 8-9, 10-11, 14, 17: 6 'I freed his shoulder from the ... Gospel, Mark 12:28-34: 28 One of the scribes who had listened to them debating appreciated ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- 'Living Lent': Saturday of the Third Week of Lent - Day 25
- Daily Readings for Saturday, March 25, 2017
- St. Dismas: Saint of the Day for Saturday, March 25, 2017
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, March 28th, 2017 HD Video
- 'Living Lent': Sunday of the Fourth Week of Lent - Day 26
- Daily Reading for Sunday, March 26th, 2017 HD Video
- 'Living Lent': Monday of the Fourth Week of Lent - Day 27
- Daily Reading for Monday, March 27th, 2017 HD
- Adorable girl captured stealing Pope Francis' hat in hilarious footage HD
- Cause of cancer detected from unexpected and unpreventable element HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, March 25th, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.