Daily Reading for Wednesday, July 31st, 2013
Reading 1, Exodus 34:29-35
29 When Moses came down from Mount Sinai with the two tablets of the Testimony in his hands, as he was coming down the mountain, Moses did not know that the skin of his face was radiant because he had been talking to him.
33 Once Moses had finished speaking to them, he put a veil over his face.
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 99:5, 6, 7, 9
5 Exalt Yahweh our God, bow down at his footstool; holy is he!
7 He spoke with them in the pillar of fire, they obeyed his decrees, the Law he gave them.
Gospel, Matthew 13:44-46
44 'The kingdom of Heaven is like treasure hidden in a field which someone has found; he hides it again, goes off in his joy, sells everything he owns and buys the field.
45 'Again, the kingdom of Heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls;
46 when he finds one of great value he goes and sells everything he owns and buys it.
Reading 1, Acts 16:22-34: 22 The crowd joined in and showed its hostility to them, so the ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 138:1-2, 2-3, 7-8: 1 [Of David] I thank you, Yahweh, with all ... Gospel, John 16:5-11: 5 but now I am going to the one who sent me. Not one of you asks, ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, May 24, 2017
- A message from Heaven: God is the only way to peace
- St. David I of Scotland: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, May 24, 2017
- Daily Reading for Thursday, May 25th, 2017 HD Video
- How bad is religious freedom in the U.S.? Supreme Court Justice Alito ...
- Bomb explodes during Ariana Grande concert full of young fans HD Video
- Which unique characteristic lies within Pope Francis' new cardinals?
- St. John Baptist de Rossi HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, May 24th, 2017 HD
- Fatima apparitions to be featured in dramatic new film HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, May 23rd, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.