Daily Reading for Friday, January 25th, 2013
Daily Reading for Friday January 25, 2013
Reading 1, Acts 22:3-16 Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 117:1, 2 Gospel, Mark 16:15-18
Reading 1, Acts 22:3-16
3 'I am a Jew', Paul said, 'and was born at Tarsus in Cilicia. I was brought up here in this city. It was under Gamaliel that I studied and was taught the exact observance of the Law of our ancestors. In fact, I was as full of duty towards God as you all are today.
4 I even persecuted this Way to the death and sent women as well as men to prison in chains
5 as the high priest and the whole council of elders can testify. I even received letters from them to the brothers in Damascus, which I took with me when I set off to bring prisoners back from there to Jerusalem for punishment.
7 I fell to the ground and heard a voice saying, "Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?"
8 I answered, "Who are you, Lord?" and he said to me, "I am Jesus the Nazarene, whom you are persecuting."
9 The people with me saw the light but did not hear the voice which spoke to me.
11 Since the light had been so dazzling that I was blind, I got to Damascus only because my companions led me by the hand.
13 came to see me; he stood beside me and said, "Brother Saul, receive your sight." Instantly my sight came back and I was able to see him.
14 Then he said, "The God of our ancestors has chosen you to know his will, to see the Upright One and hear his own voice speaking,
15 because you are to be his witness before all humanity, testifying to what you have seen and heard.
16 And now why delay? Hurry and be baptised and wash away your sins, calling on his name."
I have the privilege - and the joy - of proclaiming the Bible readings for daily Mass to tens of thousands around the world. Lives are being changed by the power of the Word of God. The response has been overwhelming.
Your gift will help us produce these life changing Daily Readings for people worldwide.Sponsor Daily Readings
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 117:1, 2
1 Alleluia! Praise Yahweh, all nations, extol him, all peoples,
2 for his faithful love is strong and his constancy never-ending.
Gospel, Mark 16:15-18
15 And he said to them, 'Go out to the whole world; proclaim the gospel to all creation.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 42:2-3; 43:3, 4
Gospel, John 10:1-10
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- The Eucharist's Importance to the Life of the Church
- Two Leaves Tea at Catholic Online Shopping HD Video
- Every Earth Day, Remember Our Place in Creation HD Video
- St. George: Saint of the Day for Monday, April 23, 2018
- Earth Day 2018: We are stewards of Creation, and we must act like it
- The Christian Duty: A mission of leading others to Jesus
- Daily Readings for Monday, April 23, 2018
- 7 powerful morning prayers you need to get your day started with God
- Pope Francis: World War III has begun - Third Secret of Fatima gives ...
- Pope Francis says atheists can do good and go to heaven too!
- Give God control: 20 verses to help during anxiety and fear
- Catholic Church issues new guidelines for cremation. Here's what you ...
- Beautiful Divine Mercy One Decade Rosary at Catholic Online Shopping HD
- St. Gemma Galgani HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, April 25th, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, April 24th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education