Daily Reading for Saturday, December 8th, 2012
Daily Reading for Saturday December 8, 2012
Reading 1, Genesis 3:9-15, 20 Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 98:1, 2-3, 3-4 Gospel, Luke 1:26-38 Reading 2, Ephesians 1:3-6, 11-12
Reading 1, Genesis 3:9-15, 20
10 'I heard the sound of you in the garden,' he replied. 'I was afraid because I was naked, so I hid.'
11 'Who told you that you were naked?' he asked. 'Have you been eating from the tree I forbade you to eat?'
20 The man named his wife 'Eve' because she was the mother of all those who live.
I have the privilege - and the joy - of proclaiming the Bible readings for daily Mass to tens of thousands around the world. Lives are being changed by the power of the Word of God. The response has been overwhelming.
Your gift will help us produce these life changing Daily Readings for people worldwide.Sponsor Daily Readings
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 98:1, 2-3, 3-4
1 [Psalm] Sing a new song to Yahweh, for he has performed wonders, his saving power is in his right hand and his holy arm.
2 Yahweh has made known his saving power, revealed his saving justice for the nations to see,
3 mindful of his faithful love and his constancy to the House of Israel. The whole wide world has seen the saving power of our God.
4 Acclaim Yahweh, all the earth, burst into shouts of joy!
Gospel, Luke 1:26-38
27 to a virgin betrothed to a man named Joseph, of the House of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.
28 He went in and said to her, 'Rejoice, you who enjoy God's favour! The Lord is with you.'
29 She was deeply disturbed by these words and asked herself what this greeting could mean,
30 but the angel said to her, 'Mary, do not be afraid; you have won God's favour.
31 Look! You are to conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you must name him Jesus.
34 Mary said to the angel, 'But how can this come about, since I have no knowledge of man?'
36 And I tell you this too: your cousin Elizabeth also, in her old age, has conceived a son, and she whom people called barren is now in her sixth month,
37 for nothing is impossible to God.'
38 Mary said, 'You see before you the Lord's servant, let it happen to me as you have said.' And the angel left her.
Reading 2, Ephesians 1:3-6, 11-12
4 Thus he chose us in Christ before the world was made to be holy and faultless before him in love,
6 to the praise of the glory of his grace, his free gift to us in the Beloved,
11 And it is in him that we have received our heritage, marked out beforehand as we were, under the plan of the One who guides all things as he decides by his own will,
12 chosen to be, for the praise of his glory, the people who would put their hopes in Christ before he came.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 89:2-3, 21-22, 25, 27
Gospel, John 13:16-20
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Herdsmen kill 19, including two priests in Nigeria
- Pope Francis praises exorcisms while declaring Christian life a ...
- Are we under attack? Pope Francis declares battle and praises ...
- Atheism promoting demonic possession
- St. Zita: Saint of the Day for Friday, April 27, 2018
- Daily Readings for Friday, April 27, 2018
- Come Holy Spirit HD Video
- 7 powerful morning prayers you need to get your day started with God
- California bill that could BAN THE BIBLE advances - Politics & Policy
- Give God control: 20 verses to help during anxiety and fear
- Here are 10 Very Interesting Facts About the Catholic Church You ...
- 8 encouraging Bible verses to lift you up
- Daily Reading for Saturday, April 28th, 2018 HD
- Little Miracle: Young boy dubbed 'super-human' after receiving life-saving operation HD
- St. Francis Prayer HD
- Prayer To St Michael For Personal Protection HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education