How to travel light
You can go on extended trips with only one bag
If you intend to travel, it is to your benefit to have all your essentials clothing and more, in a single bag. You will either be lugging the bag around with you or paying people or travel providers to carry it for you, and you want to minimize the fuss that your belongings will entail. It can be done, and travel experts have some tips for you --
There are some essentials you should always pack toiletries, toothpaste, toothbrush and extra pair of glasses or contact lenses
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) There are some essentials you should always pack toiletries, toothpaste, toothbrush and extra pair of glasses or contact lenses. Makeup should be taken for business trips, along with razors, combs or brushes, soap and shampoo. Don't forget a towel. You may also want to include business or calling cards for all the people you befriend along the way.
Always pack a week's worth of underwear. If you're on a business trip, take two suits and rotate them. You may try to break them up with different colored shirts and blouses.
Plan for bad weather, because it happens. A polypropylene shirt is an ideal wardrobe choice. It is light, very warm, even when wet, and dries quickly. Flip-flops or thongs can aid you when your shoes or boots are wet and need to dry out, and protect your feet from nasty floor surfaces.
Also take some sort of small backpack or fanny pack. You will will want to carry maps and perhaps phrase books, guidebooks, water bottles, sunglasses, and so on.
Also a neck wallet or money belt is essential for travel to places where you are surrounded by strangers. Keep most of your money hidden away, underneath your clothes. A tiny flashlight packed away can also be a life saver in many instances.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Travel News
- United Airlines crew refuses to protect teen girl exposed to sex act
- Lively, modern city of Amman has rich historical past
- Abbey of St. Foy is longtime medieval pilgrimage route
- Austere Abbaye de Fonteny filled only with light
- British man visits all of the world's 201 nations - without flying in a plane
- The Basilique Ste-Madeleine second only to Notre Dame in size
- Mont-St-Michel island abbey connected with natural land bridge
- Saint-Beno๎t-sur-Loire Abbey greets visitors near Orleans in central France
- The Abbey of Fontfroide was onetime center of orthodoxy
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?
More Medjugorje & Central Europe
In March 2010, the Holy See announced that the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith was forming an investigative commission, composed of bishops, theologians, and other experts, under the leadership of Cardinal Camillo Ruini.
St. James Church in Medjugorje
The Apostle St. James the Greater, of whom the church of St. James in Medjugorje was dedicated, is the Patron Saint of Pilgrims. This is just one of ...
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM) • Catholic Online • 6/4/2013
A California teenager is suing United Airlines after she claims the company did nothing to stop the man from performing a sexual act on himself ...
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM) • Catholic Online • 5/28/2013
Amman, the largest city in Jordan, is one electric with all that is new and today. A bustling, cosmopolitan center, Amman also has a rich ...
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM) • Catholic Online • 1/17/2013
The Abbey of St. Foy, nestled in the hills of southern France is a beautiful Romanesque church perfectly aligned with its surroundings. The ...