No more fighting over the window seat! Supersonic private jet to have giant screen of outside world
Jet will give option to passengers to either watch movies or family snapshots
A new supersonic private jet will end fights over who gets the window seat. A radical new design for a futuristic new plane has the entire cabin wall designed as a screen that can be transformed into a giant window!
"Wouldn't you love to go hiking in New Zealand for the weekend, or fly to Paris for lunch?" the jet's designers brag.
The supersonic jet has a revolutionary windowless passenger cabin. Instead, the interior walls will be covered with a thin display screen.
Called the Spike Aerospace S-512, the jet claims to be the "first supersonic business jet" and promises to cut flight times in half. Busy billionaires will be able to jet from New York to London in just three hours.
It's not too soon to acknowledge Saint Patrick -- go here --
Such convenience and speed will come at a price, as the jet will cost between $60 and $80 million.
The spike S-512 is a supersonic jet that will enable travelers to reach destinations in half the time it currently takes.
The engineers have spent the past two years designing the luxury aircraft and believe the jet will be capable of flying between New York and London in three hours. The engineers had previously worked for aerospace giants such as Airbus, Gulfstream and Bombardier.
Los Angeles to Tokyo will take just five hours and London to Mumbai, four hours, according to the firm. "It will save passengers time so they can explore more of the world," the company said.
"Wouldn't you love to go hiking in New Zealand for the weekend, or fly to Paris for lunch?"
The jet can cruise cruise at average speeds of Mach 1.6-1.8.
The jet will also feature a revolutionary windowless passenger cabin so no more glaring sun and no more shades to pull down or push up. The interior walls instead will be covered with a thin display screens embedded into the wall.
Cameras surrounding the entire aircraft will construct breathtaking panoramic views displayed on the cabin screens. To avoid the feeling of being encased in a fish bowl, passengers will be able to dim the screens to catch some sleep or change it to one of the many scenic images stored in the system.
Cameras surrounding the entire aircraft will beam panoramic views to the cabin screens. Passengers will be able to dim the screens to catch some sleep or change it to one of the many scenic images stored in the system.
"There are several reasons for removing the windows from the cabin," the firm admits.
"It has long been known that the windows cause significant challenges in designing and constructing an aircraft fuselage. They require addition structural support, add to the parts count and add weight to the aircraft. But until recently, it has not been possible to do without them.
"It will save passengers time so they can explore more of the world," the company says.
"With the micro-cameras and flat displays now available, Spike Aerospace can eliminate the structural issues with windows and reduce the aircraft weight. In addition, the very smooth exterior skin will reduce the drag normally caused by having windows."
Pope Francis calls for your 'prayer and action'...
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Technology News
- Debate between scientists over details of evolution becomes heated
- DRAMATIC DEATH IN SPACE - Astronomers watch as an entire galaxy bleeds to death before their eyes
- Duck and Cover! Asteroid 2014 DX110 will buzz Earth today and you can watch it happen!
- 330-foot long aircraft hailed the largest in the world
- GIBBERISH! More than 100 articles in scientific journals found to balderdash
- New super pill could prolong human longevity
- Vintage cheese - found on the chests of 3,500-year-old mummies!
- Boeing producing 'BLACK' a super-spy phone worthy of James Bond
- Why the Kepler planet discovery changes ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING!
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?