Apple to come out with plastic iPhone, and gold color 5S
Rumors predict a gold iPhone and a plastic version are ont heir way to store shelves.
Apple fans are abuzz over rumors that the new iPhone 5 will come in two varieties, and in a third color. The iPhone 4S will remain on the market, and the iPhone 5C will be sold as a plastic alternative.
Pictures of the iPhone 5C, featuring plastic casing and multiple colors, are now circulating on the internet, although it is unconfirmed that Apple will actually sell the iPhone 5C in any colors other than the usual black and white.
And for those thinking that a plastic iPhone will be cheaper, and more affordable, we hate to dash your expectations. Insiders say the plastic iPhone will cost between $400 and $500.
Apple will move the iPhone 4S to the entry-level market, pricing at between $300 and $400.
The iPhone 5S will be priced between $500 and $600. It will also give a new color option for aficionados. Mockup images are now circulating of a gold or champagne color iPhone 5S. It's believed the champagne color will do well in places like China and India where gold is highly prized.
In the United States, where customers tend to stay away from things that look too garish, the champagne color may still prove attractive to female users.
In today's fashion, the cell phone is just the latest modern accessory, and according to reports from Apple, gold phone cases are the most popular aftermarket modification made to iPhones.
The iPhone 5S is expected to hit retail shelves this fall, and will be the latest must-have gadget for Apple fans. Apple has a reputation for routinely issuing new versions of their phones, and the iPhone 5S and 5C are the latest in the series.
Apple is rolling out the new phones as they look for new ways to compete against formerly distant competitors that are capturing increasing market share with lower-priced phones that are elegantly designed.
The Samsung Galaxy phone, is one such example and has succeeded in winning many customers away from Apple, converting them over to using android devices. Still, Apple remains the gold standard for cell phones and applications. Now, they will have the gold colored phone to show for it.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Technology News
- NSA is piggybacking off private web tracking to ID and watch you, find targets
- IT'S TRUE: Americans have no right to privacy when they give information to a third party -- such as cell phone provider
- Evidence of an ancient freshwater lake on Mars discovered
- Mars One may stage ultimate anti-reality show where particpants vie to be voted OFF the planet to their demise
- NASA releases images of mysterious hexagon on Saturn
- Stanford researchers develop a way to literally read minds
- Report reveals FBI can remotely scan your computer without your knowledge
- Ultra-secret, Area-51 spy plane finally revealed to the public
- Micro-spacecraft plans to land on moon in 2015
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?