'May God's love be with you' - First music video made in space!
Hadfield reproduced Bowie's 'Space Oddity' aboard ISS.
Recent space Station Commander Chris Hadfield has gone viral across the Internet with his rendition of David Bowie's "Space Oddity." Hatfield produced the video of himself while aboard the international space Station making it the first ever music video to be filmed entirely in space.
The video shows Hadfield singing the song and playing the guitar while floating through the various modules of the International Space Station. The lyrics are slightly updated, but most are true to the original song. This includes a blessing that is still common in space faring today, "May God's love be with you."
Commander Chris Hadfield has been in charge of the International Space Station for five months and is a Canadian civilian astronaut. During his tenure aboard the station he made several social media appearances, at one time conversing and joking with fellow Canadian movie star William Shatner, who is known for his role as Capt. Kirk of the starship Enterprise from Star Trek.
Hadfield is known as a talented and humorous man with great social media savvy. Prior to his most recent mission on the International Space Station he worked with NASA serving as the voice of ground control for shuttle astronauts.
Hadfield has already produced several songs while in space, however his rendition of "Space Oddity" is the first music video recorded entirely on board the International Space Station.
With "Space Oddity" now to his credits, Hadfield appears to be the first ever, and only, astronaut rockstar. Certainly, he is quite likely the most popular astronaut currently serving an in an active space program.
For now, he is likely enjoying some welcome rest after returning home on Monday via a Russian Soyuz capsule.
So far, his "Space Oddity" video has been viewed well over 9 million times on YouTube. Check it out and enjoy!
View the viral video here.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Technology News
- Mysterious object blurs the distinction between planets and stars
- Hubble discovery puts us closer than ever to finding alien life - water discovered on 5 planets
- Through the air: The sound of computer keystroke can now be used for spying purposes
- Israeli scientists discover substance that may fend off Alzheimer's, Aging and Parkinson's
- Don't cry for Comet ISON, another stupendous sky show is coming!
- FANTASTIC! Mile-long floating city would house 50,000 permanent residents
- COMET ISON BREAKS UP!
- Where you can watch the death of Comet ISON live as it happens
- Astronomers observe the biggest, and scariest event in the universe since the beginning of time
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?