Non-profit seeks 24 volunteers willing to die on Mars -- seriously!
Company says they already have 10,000 applicants.
A non-profit company called Mars One is now recruiting 24 astronauts to die on Mars. At least, that's the implication since the company says they have no plans to bring them back.
You'll need to be serious. Those selected will be sent on a one-way, zero-fail mission to Mars, where it is unclear if they will ever return, assuming they make it there alive in the first place.
The company says they already have the technology needed to make the trip a reality and that it is also economically feasible.
They also say they already have 10,000 applications so far with 45,000 others on its mailing list.
Mars One plans to choose its 24 lucky(?) astronauts by July of 2015. Astronauts will spend the next seven years training and at least three months living in a simulated Mars colony.
Those astronauts will build and live in the first permanent Mars colony. How long they live will depend on a number of factors, however it is expected that they may likely see the end of their days on the Red Planet, unless the company changes its mind and develops a return plan for them.
You can watch the company's introduction film here.
Good luck, we guess!
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Technology News
- Ultra-secret, Area-51 spy plane finally revealed to the public
- Micro-spacecraft plans to land on moon in 2015
- Mysterious object blurs the distinction between planets and stars
- Hubble discovery puts us closer than ever to finding alien life - water discovered on 5 planets
- Through the air: The sound of computer keystroke can now be used for spying purposes
- Israeli scientists discover substance that may fend off Alzheimer's, Aging and Parkinson's
- Don't cry for Comet ISON, another stupendous sky show is coming!
- FANTASTIC! Mile-long floating city would house 50,000 permanent residents
- COMET ISON BREAKS UP!
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?