New iPad 3 promises to have an 'amazing screen'
New screen will have double the resolution of the iPad 2
The next iPad will be "essentially the same size and shape as the iPad
2" but will boast a "truly amazing" screen. That's according to the New
York Times, who cited people "Briefed on company plans." Apple is
working hard to maintain control of the computer tablet market.
It's not clear, for example, whether the new iPad will have improved cameras, increased storage capacity or Siri - Apple's voice-controlled personal assistant.
Sources claim the next iPad will be about one millimeter thicker than the iPad 2 and will probably be powered by an A6 chip. The iPad 2 is powered by the A5, but one technology blog claimed that the A6 chip will be dual-core and not quad-core as many had predicted.
According to the Web site, the Next Web, Apple had gone into "crunch mode" as the launch approaches and is deciding which apps to demonstrate at the event and show off in new advertisements.
"Apple's pre-event weeks are often spent soliciting demonstrations from many app developers and preparing demonstrations of those apps for the live event. Our sources tell us that this selection process is continuing at an increased rate as Apple looks to finalize the lineup for the iPad 3," the Next Web reported.
Though rumors from a variety of sources seem to agree on certain features for the new tablet, nothing has been confirmed by official sources. Apple does not announce anything before its official events.
Many questions remain about the supposed iPad 3. Even the name is in question, with some suggesting that Apple could choose a name that reflects the improved screen resolution, such as "iPad HD."
It's also not clear, for example, whether the new iPad will have improved cameras, increased storage capacity or Siri - Apple's voice-controlled personal assistant.
© 2012, Catholic Online. Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: iPad 3, Blu-ray, screen, tablet, Siri
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Technology News
- Navy dolphin discovers ancient naval torpedo
- Maybe climate change isn't so bad after all? Study shows prehistoric humans benefitted technologically from climate change
- California teenager invents device that can charge cell phone in 20 seconds - flat
- MULTIVERSE DISCOVERY - First solid proof of other universes besides ours
- Comet ISON may spark unprecedented meteor shower
- 'May God's love be with you' - First music video made in space!
- Online retail giant Amazon begins virtual coin collection
- Windows 8 goes sour as company announces U-turn
- Solar cataclysm! Sun threatens Earth with possible geomagnetic storm
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?