Verizon to offer iPhone buyers $30 unlimited data plan
Act fast; offer expected to be only temporary
Verizon plans to offer iPhone buyers a $30 unlimited data plan. Lowell McAdam, Verizon's CEO announced the news ahead of the company's meeting with investors
'I'm not going to shoot myself in the foot,' Verizon CEO Lowell McAdam said. The decision not to offer an unlimited plan would put up a barrier for customers who might otherwise switch from AT&T,' McAdam added.
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - Verizon plans to offer iPhone buyers a $30 unlimited data plan. Lowell McAdam, Verizon's CEO announced the news ahead of the company's meeting with investors.
"I'm not going to shoot myself in the foot," McAdam said. The decision not to offer an unlimited plan would put up a barrier for customers who might otherwise switch from AT&T, McAdam added. The country's No. 2 carrier still has millions of subscribers grandfathered into unlimited plans they signed up for before AT&T switched to tiered pricing last summer.
McAdam is out to rack up the sales. Anticipation Verizon would soon offer the iPhone held back sales over the fourth quarter, he said. Analysts seemed pleased with the subscriber growth, although McAdam wasn't. "It wasn't what I hoped it would be," he said.
The Verizon iPhone will be available for pre-order on February 2 for existing customers and February 10 at Verizon and Apple Stores. Pricing for the Verizon iPhone is the same as previous iPhones, $199 for 16GB and $299 for 32GB. The Verizon iPhone will, however be on the Verizon network so that means no simultaneous voice and data but lots and lots of solid coverage.
Those who want to take advantage of the $30 sales should do so at once. Speaking later that week, McAdam said the iPhone unlimited plan will be a temporary offer and that the carrier will follow AT&T's move to tiered pricing in the not too distant future.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Verizon, iPhone, plans
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Technology News
- Navy dolphin discovers ancient naval torpedo
- Maybe climate change isn't so bad after all? Study shows prehistoric humans benefitted technologically from climate change
- California teenager invents device that can charge cell phone in 20 seconds - flat
- MULTIVERSE DISCOVERY - First solid proof of other universes besides ours
- Comet ISON may spark unprecedented meteor shower
- 'May God's love be with you' - First music video made in space!
- Online retail giant Amazon begins virtual coin collection
- Windows 8 goes sour as company announces U-turn
- Solar cataclysm! Sun threatens Earth with possible geomagnetic storm
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?