City council votes unanimously for new football stadium for Los Angeles
Decision rectifies L.A. being the only major American city without stadium
The Los Angeles City Council voted unanimously this week in a 12 to 0 decision to approve the construction of a new 72,000-seat NFL stadium near the Staples Center. Outlines of an agreement were approved on Tuesday.
Both the Rams and Raiders departed southern California prior to the 1995 season; the Rams for St. Louis and the Raiders back to Oakland. The Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, which opened in 1923, played host to both teams.
© 2011, Catholic Online. Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Sports News
- Seminarians bring American football to Rome for Thanksgiving
- Boxing legend Ken Norton dies at 70
- Prince Amukamara shows what it means to be a Catholic athlete
- GOLF: The Sublime Askernish. Deal W. Hudson Wins the Askernish Open
- TRIUMPH: Diana Nyad becomes first swimmer to cross Cuba to Florida without shark cage
- Homosexual crackdown in Russia now extending to Olympic athletes
- NFL Player Adrian Peterson says he doesn't support same sex marriage
- Unprecedented kindness - Boston Marathon to call back runners who couldn't finish
- Soccer superstar David Beckham hits the showers - for good
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?