Bl. Frederick Jansoone
Author and Publisher - Catholic Online
Frédéric Jansoone (November 9, 1838 - August 4, 1916) was born in Ghyvelde, in northern France, near the Belgian border, in a very religious home.
At the age of 10, he lost his father.
In 1852 he began his Humanities (high school) at the College of Hazebrouck while his brother Pierre began his philosophy at the Major Seminary of Cambrai.
In 1856, he became a traveling salesman which interrupted his studies t
In 1864, he joined the Franciscans and was ordained a priest on August 17, 1870. He then practiced within various departments: military chaplain (a few months), sub-master of novices at Branday, over Bordeaux, house he founded with tw
Soon after, he moved t
In 1881-1882, Frédéric Janssoone made ??a visit t
On June 13, 1888, he settled in Quebec in the parish of Notre-Dame du Cap in Trois-Rivičres, where he served until the arrival of the Oblates of Mary Immaculate in 1902, and stayed until his death from cancer on August 4, 1916. His actions are numerous:
- Repairs t
- the shrine of the Pointe-aux-Trembles in Montreal
- in the Franciscan Missionaries of Mary in Quebec and across the province
- Articles for the Journal of the Rosary and the Journal of the Eucharist, Mary and Anthony he had founded in 1892 and many popular magazines of piety.
- Books-building as the life of Our Lord and the Life of St. Francis.
- Management, management and financing of the Commissariat of the Holy Land.
- Support and direct involvement in the development of pilgrimages t
- the shrine of Notre-Dame-du-Cap.
Saint Feast Days by Month
Alvarez was born in either Lisbon, Portugal, or Cordova, Spain. He entered the Dominican convent at Cordova in 1368. He became known for his preaching prowess in Spain and Italy, was confessor and ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
In the fourth century a Greek religious romance on the Loves of Cecilia and Valerian was written in glorification of virginal life with the purpose of taking the place of then-popular sensual romances. Consequently, until better evidence is produced, we must conclude ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
"I prefer death in Christ Jesus to power over the farthest limits of the earth. He who died in place of us is the one object of my quest. He who rose for our sakes is my one desire." In 107, during the reign of the brutal Emperor Trajan, this holy Bishop was ... continue reading
Ignatius was the son of a poor farmer in Laconi, Italy. He was born on December 17, 1701. When he was about seventeen, he became very ill. He promised to be a Franciscan if he would get better. But when the illness left him, his father convinced him to wait. A couple ... continue reading
By Mary Rezac (CNA NEWS)
Billy the Kid, a notorious bank and stage-coach robber of the Wild West, met his match in the most unlikely of people when he met Sister Blandina Segale. Santa Fe, N.M. (CNA/EWTN News) - According to legend, and to Sr. Blandina's journal and letters, one of Billy the ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- 'Living Lent': Monday of the First Week of Lent - Day 5
- Try this fun Lent Quiz today!
- Bl. Alvarez of Corova: Saint of the Day for Monday, February 19, 2018
- Daily Readings for Monday, February 19, 2018
- Deadly Flu Season: Vaccine only 36 percent effective during worst ...
- 'Living Lent': Tuesday of the First Week of Lent - Day 6
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, February 21st, 2018 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, February 20th, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, February 19th, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, February 18th, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, February 17th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education