Bl. Frederick Jansoone
Author and Publisher - Catholic Online
Frédéric Jansoone (November 9, 1838 - August 4, 1916) was born in Ghyvelde, in northern France, near the Belgian border, in a very religious home.
At the age of 10, he lost his father.
In 1852 he began his Humanities (high school) at the College of Hazebrouck while his brother Pierre began his philosophy at the Major Seminary of Cambrai.
In 1856, he became a traveling salesman which interrupted his studies t
In 1864, he joined the Franciscans and was ordained a priest on August 17, 1870. He then practiced within various departments: military chaplain (a few months), sub-master of novices at Branday, over Bordeaux, house he founded with tw
Soon after, he moved t
In 1881-1882, Frédéric Janssoone made ??a visit t
On June 13, 1888, he settled in Quebec in the parish of Notre-Dame du Cap in Trois-Rivičres, where he served until the arrival of the Oblates of Mary Immaculate in 1902, and stayed until his death from cancer on August 4, 1916. His actions are numerous:
- Repairs t
- the shrine of the Pointe-aux-Trembles in Montreal
- in the Franciscan Missionaries of Mary in Quebec and across the province
- Articles for the Journal of the Rosary and the Journal of the Eucharist, Mary and Anthony he had founded in 1892 and many popular magazines of piety.
- Books-building as the life of Our Lord and the Life of St. Francis.
- Management, management and financing of the Commissariat of the Holy Land.
- Support and direct involvement in the development of pilgrimages t
- the shrine of Notre-Dame-du-Cap.
Saint Feast Days by Month
All lovers of Scripture have reason to celebrate this day. Damasus was the pope who commissioned Saint Jerome to translate the Scriptures into Latin, the Vulgate version of the Bible. Damasus was ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Historians remember St. Rose of Lima for her piety and chastity. Born in 1586 in Lima, Peru to Spanish colonists, and named Isabel Flores de Olivia, she was exceptionally beautiful. Her beauty was so great that she was nicknamed "Rose," a name that remains with her to ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Claretian archbishop and founder. Anthony was born in Salient in Catalonia, Spain, in 1807, the son of a weaver. He took up weaving but then studied for the priesthood, desiring to be a Jesuit. Ill health prevented his entering the Order, and he served as a secular ... continue reading
Saint Anthony was born Fernando Martins in Lisbon, Portugal. He was born into a wealthy family and by the age of fifteen asked to be sent to the Abbey of Santa Cruz in Coimbra, the then capital of Portugal. During his time in the Abbey, he learned theology and ... continue reading
By CNA News
Scientists at a university in Liverpool have unveiled what they say is the most realistic portrait ever created of St. Nicholas of Myra, the popular 4th century bishop best known as the inspiration for the modern-day figure of Santa Claus. Liverpool, England (CNA) - ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
More Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Coming forward is the key to ending systemic abuse!
- Our Lady of Guadalupe: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, December 12, 2017
- Did Ray Moore break the law by talking to teens?
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, December 13th, 2017 HD Video
- Archaeologists open two new Egyptian tombs, discover mummy, artifacts
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, December 12, 2017
- Attempted terror attack fails in Manhattan as pipe bomb explodes ...
- Here's how Pope Francis wants to change the Lords Prayer HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, December 12th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, December 11th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, December 10th, 2017 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way