Bl. Frederick Jansoone
Author and Publisher - Catholic Online
Frédéric Jansoone (November 9, 1838 - August 4, 1916) was born in Ghyvelde, in northern France, near the Belgian border, in a very religious home.
At the age of 10, he lost his father.
In 1852 he began his Humanities (high school) at the College of Hazebrouck while his brother Pierre began his philosophy at the Major Seminary of Cambrai.
In 1856, he became a traveling salesman which interrupted his studies t
In 1864, he joined the Franciscans and was ordained a priest on August 17, 1870. He then practiced within various departments: military chaplain (a few months), sub-master of novices at Branday, over Bordeaux, house he founded with tw
Soon after, he moved t
In 1881-1882, Frédéric Janssoone made ??a visit t
On June 13, 1888, he settled in Quebec in the parish of Notre-Dame du Cap in Trois-Rivičres, where he served until the arrival of the Oblates of Mary Immaculate in 1902, and stayed until his death from cancer on August 4, 1916. His actions are numerous:
- Repairs t
- the shrine of the Pointe-aux-Trembles in Montreal
- in the Franciscan Missionaries of Mary in Quebec and across the province
- Articles for the Journal of the Rosary and the Journal of the Eucharist, Mary and Anthony he had founded in 1892 and many popular magazines of piety.
- Books-building as the life of Our Lord and the Life of St. Francis.
- Management, management and financing of the Commissariat of the Holy Land.
- Support and direct involvement in the development of pilgrimages t
- the shrine of Notre-Dame-du-Cap.
Saint Feast Days by Month
Servite cardinal and preacher. Born in Florence, Italy, to a noble family, he was educated in Paris and Padua where he earned a doctorate in medicine and philosophy. He practiced medicine for some ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
An elder Mexican man makes his way to Mass in the early morning twilight of December 9, 1531. He is a peasant, a simple farmer and laborer, and he has no education. Born under Aztec rule, he is a convert to Catholicism, and each step he takes this morning is a step ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Saint Catherine of Alexandria is a canonized saint in the Catholic Church who, per Christian tradition, was martyred around 305 in Alexandria, Egypt. Of course, the Church of the first Millennium was undivided. She is also recognized as the Great Martyr and Saint by ... continue reading
St. Catherine was born in Florence in 1522. Her baptismal name was Alexandrina, but she took the name of Catherine upon entering religion. From her earliest infancy she manifested a great love of prayer, and in her sixth year, her father placed her in the convent of ... continue reading
By Deacon Frederick Bartels
Why is the Assumption important? First, lets look at what this dogma is all about. On 1 November, 1950, Pope Pius XII issued the Apostolic Constitution Munificentissimus Deus in which he proclaimed the dogma of the Assumption: "Mary, the immaculate perpetually Virgin ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Thursday, August 24, 2017
- In Barcelona, a church responded to a terrorist attack by opening its ...
- As terrorists attacked, one church opened its doors. Here's what ...
- Forget Winter, Recession is Coming
- Priest admits to being former member of KKK, and speaks out about his ...
- Archbishop reveals a surprise about Medjugorje HD Video
- St. Bartholomew: Saint of the Day for Thursday, August 24, 2017
- Trump announces new Afghan strategy - do we get to win this time? HD
- Does the Aug 21 eclipse spell doom for humanity? HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, August 24th, 2017 HD
- 10 US Sailors missing after serious collision in Southeast Asian waters HD