Bl. Frederick Jansoone
Author and Publisher - Catholic Online
Frédéric Jansoone (November 9, 1838 - August 4, 1916) was born in Ghyvelde, in northern France, near the Belgian border, in a very religious home.
At the age of 10, he lost his father.
In 1852 he began his Humanities (high school) at the College of Hazebrouck while his brother Pierre began his philosophy at the Major Seminary of Cambrai.
In 1856, he became a traveling salesman which interrupted his studies t
In 1864, he joined the Franciscans and was ordained a priest on August 17, 1870. He then practiced within various departments: military chaplain (a few months), sub-master of novices at Branday, over Bordeaux, house he founded with tw
Soon after, he moved t
In 1881-1882, Frédéric Janssoone made ??a visit t
On June 13, 1888, he settled in Quebec in the parish of Notre-Dame du Cap in Trois-Rivičres, where he served until the arrival of the Oblates of Mary Immaculate in 1902, and stayed until his death from cancer on August 4, 1916. His actions are numerous:
- Repairs t
- the shrine of the Pointe-aux-Trembles in Montreal
- in the Franciscan Missionaries of Mary in Quebec and across the province
- Articles for the Journal of the Rosary and the Journal of the Eucharist, Mary and Anthony he had founded in 1892 and many popular magazines of piety.
- Books-building as the life of Our Lord and the Life of St. Francis.
- Management, management and financing of the Commissariat of the Holy Land.
- Support and direct involvement in the development of pilgrimages t
- the shrine of Notre-Dame-du-Cap.
Saint Feast Days by Month
Joseph Cafasso was born at Castelnuovo d'Asti in the Piedmont, Italy, of peasant parents. He studied at the seminary at Turin, and was ordained in 1833. He continued his theological studies at the ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
St. Genevieve was a fair and courageous peasant girl who was born around 422 in Nanterre, France, to a man named Severus and a woman named Gerontia. When Genevieve was only seven-years-old, St. Germanus, Bishop of Auxerre visited Nanterre on his way to Britain. While ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Feastday: September 20 The evangelization of Korea began during the 17th century through a group of lay persons. A strong vital Christian community flourished there under lay leadership until missionaries arrived from the Paris Foreign Mission Society. During ... continue reading
The "Great Martyr," and the leader of converts in the Roman army. While serving as a tribune in the army of General Galerius, Andrew and his men faced a battle with a Persian host. Calling upon Christ for aid, the Romans were victorious. Andrew and some of his troops ... continue reading
By Deacon Keith Fournier
Father, raise up women like Catherine of Siena for this new missionary age of your Church. Women who are so in love with you, and so conformed to the Image of your Son, they can do for your Church in this hour, what she did in her own. Saints are a gift for the ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- The end of the farm as we know it has arrived - here's how we're ...
- Daily Reading for Monday, June 26th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Saturday, June 24, 2017
- St. John the Baptist: Saint of the Day for Saturday, June 24, 2017
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, June 27th, 2017 HD Video
- 'Half-Man-Half-Beast sent by the Devil' sparks fear in South African ...
- How a Catholic should deal with Tinder and other dating apps
- Daily Reading for Sunday, June 25th, 2017 HD
- Pope Francis prepares an incredible gift of love and solidarity for South Sudan HD
- St. Emma HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, June 24th, 2017 HD