Author and Publisher - Catholic Online
was my brother. (1 Nov. Acha's feast).
Saint Feast Days by Month
St. Stephen the Great (977-1038), was the son of the Magyar chieftain Geza, Stephen succeeded him as leader in 997. Already raised a Christian, in 996 he wed the daughter of Duke Henry II of Bavaria ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Saint Barbara, also known as the Great Martyr Barbara, was an early Christian Greek martyr born mid-third century in Heliopolis, Phoenicia. Barbara was the daughter to a rich pagan named Dioscorus. After the death of Barbara's mother, Dioscorus dedicated his life to ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Jerome Emiliani lay chained in the dark dirty dungeon. Only a short time before he had been a military commander for Venice in charge of a fortress. He didn't care much about God because he didn't need him -- he had his own strength and the strength of his soldiers and ... continue reading
St. Joan de Lestonnac was born in Bordeaux, France, in 1556. She married at the age of seventeen. The happy marriage produced four children, but her husband died suddenly in 1597. After her children were raised, she entered the Cistercian monastery at Toulouse. Joan ... continue reading
By Deacon Frederick Bartels
Why is the Assumption important? First, lets look at what this dogma is all about. On 1 November, 1950, Pope Pius XII issued the Apostolic Constitution Munificentissimus Deus in which he proclaimed the dogma of the Assumption: "Mary, the immaculate perpetually Virgin ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Should history be rewritten to appease the angry? HD Video
- St. Stephen the Great: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, August 16, 2017
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, August 16, 2017
- People in Yemen are dying of a foul and dreaded disease as civil war ...
- There is a secret plan for America, and what we're seeing is just the ...
- Corrupt media censoring news of lawsuit against Democratic National ...
- Daily Reading for Friday, August 18th, 2017 HD Video
- Catholic Online YouTube HD
- Today is the Feast of the Assumption. Why do we celebrate it? HD
- North Korea backs down in face of U.S. threat, but why? HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, August 17th, 2017 HD