Author and Publisher - Catholic Online
Saint Feast Days by Month
St. Bartholomew, 1st. century, one of the 12. All that is known of him with certainty is that he is mentioned in the synoptic gospels and Acts as one of the twelve apostles. His name, a ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
St. Joan of Arc is the patroness of soldiers and of France. On January 6, 1412, Joan of Arc was born to pious parents of the French peasant class in the obscure village of Domremy, near the province of Lorraine. At a very early age, she was said to have heard the ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Sts. Cosmas and Damian were brothers, born in Arabia, who had become eminent for their skill in the science of medicine. Being Christians, they were filled with the spirit of charity and never took money for their services. At Egaea in Cilicia, where they lived, they ... continue reading
"Make your fold with the sheep; flee from the wolves: depart not from the Church," Cyril admonished catechumens surrounded by heresy. These were prophetic words for Cyril was to be hounded by enemies and heretics for most of his life, and although they could exile him ... continue reading
By Deacon Frederick Bartels
Why is the Assumption important? First, lets look at what this dogma is all about. On 1 November, 1950, Pope Pius XII issued the Apostolic Constitution Munificentissimus Deus in which he proclaimed the dogma of the Assumption: "Mary, the immaculate perpetually Virgin ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Archbishop reveals a surprise about Medjugorje HD Video
- Forget Winter, Recession is Coming
- In Barcelona, a church responded to a terrorist attack by opening its ...
- Daily Readings for Thursday, August 24, 2017
- As terrorists attacked, one church opened its doors. Here's what ...
- St. Bartholomew: Saint of the Day for Thursday, August 24, 2017
- Priest admits to being former member of KKK, and speaks out about his ...
- Trump announces new Afghan strategy - do we get to win this time? HD
- Does the Aug 21 eclipse spell doom for humanity? HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, August 24th, 2017 HD
- 10 US Sailors missing after serious collision in Southeast Asian waters HD