St. Michael of the Saints
Discalced Trinitarian superior of Valladolid, Spain. He was born in Vich, Catalonia, Spain, and became a Trinitarian in 1603. In 1607 he entered the Discalced Trinitarians, a reformed branch of the order, renewing his vows at Alcala. Pope Pius IX canonized him in 1862.
Saint Feast Days by Month
St. Margaret of Scotland, or Margaret of Wessex, was an English princess born in Hungary to Princess Agatha of Hungary and English Prince Edward the Exile around 1045. Her siblings, Cristina and Edgar the Atheling were also born in Hungary around this time. Margaret ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Artaldus (also called Arthaud) was born in the castle of Sothonod in Savoy. At the age of eighteen, he went to the court of Duke Amadeus III, but a year or two after, he became a Carthusian at Portes. After many years, being a priest and an experienced and holy ... continue reading
St. Augustine of Hippo is the patron of brewers because of his conversion from a former life of loose living, which included parties, entertainment, and worldly ambitions. His complete turnaround and conversion has been an inspiration to many who struggle with a ... continue reading
By Deacon Frederick Bartels
by Catholic Online
- St. Bartholomew: Saint of the Day for Thursday, August 24, 2017
- Archbishop reveals a surprise about Medjugorje HD Video
- Daily Readings for Thursday, August 24, 2017
- Forget Winter, Recession is Coming
- In Barcelona, a church responded to a terrorist attack by opening its ...
- Priest admits to being former member of KKK, and speaks out about his ...
- As terrorists attacked, one church opened its doors. Here's what ...
- Trump announces new Afghan strategy - do we get to win this time? HD
- Does the Aug 21 eclipse spell doom for humanity? HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, August 24th, 2017 HD
- 10 US Sailors missing after serious collision in Southeast Asian waters HD