St. Eucherius of Lyon
Bishop of Lyon, France, and coworker with St. Hilary. Eucherius was a married man with two sons, Salonius and Veranus, who became bishops. His wife Galla entered a convent, and Eucherius entered Lrins Monastery. In 434, he became bishop of Lyon. Eucherius wrote a book dedicated to St. Hilary of Arles, and his vast correspondence is partially extant.
Saint Feast Days by Month
St. Bartholomew, 1st. century, one of the 12. All that is known of him with certainty is that he is mentioned in the synoptic gospels and Acts as one of the twelve apostles. His name, a ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
"Jesus loved Martha and Mary and Lazarus." This unique statement in John's gospel tells us of the special relationship Jesus had with Martha, her sister, and her brother. Apparently Jesus was a frequent guest at Martha's home in Bethany, a small village two miles from ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Before he was known as Saint Jerome, he was named Eusebius Sophronius Hieronymus. He was born around 342 AD, in Stridon, Dalmatia. Today, the town, which ceased to exist in Jerome's time, would likely be in Croatia or Slovenia. The young Jerome was educated by Aelius ... continue reading
By Deacon Frederick Bartels
Why is the Assumption important? First, lets look at what this dogma is all about. On 1 November, 1950, Pope Pius XII issued the Apostolic Constitution Munificentissimus Deus in which he proclaimed the dogma of the Assumption: "Mary, the immaculate perpetually Virgin ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Priest admits to being former member of KKK, and speaks out about his ...
- As terrorists attacked, one church opened its doors. Here's what ...
- In Barcelona, a church responded to a terrorist attack by opening its ...
- Forget Winter, Recession is Coming
- St. Bartholomew: Saint of the Day for Thursday, August 24, 2017
- Daily Readings for Thursday, August 24, 2017
- Archbishop reveals a surprise about Medjugorje HD Video
- Trump announces new Afghan strategy - do we get to win this time? HD
- Does the Aug 21 eclipse spell doom for humanity? HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, August 24th, 2017 HD
- 10 US Sailors missing after serious collision in Southeast Asian waters HD