Desideratus is also known as Desire and brother of Desiderius and Deodatus. He became a courtier at the court of king Clotaire, was active in combating heresy and simony, and in 541, was made bishop of Bourgues. He attended several councils that condemned Nestorianism and Eutychianism, was reputed to have performed miracles and was known for his peace making abilities. His feast day is May 8th.
Saint Feast Days by Month
Nothing certain is known of her, but according to her untrustworthy legend, she was the daughter of a pagan priest at Antioch in Pisidia. Also known as Marina, she was converted to Christianity, ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Saint Rita was born Margherita Lotti in Roccaporena, Italy in 1381. The day after her baptism, Rita was surrounded by a swarm of white bees, which went in and out of her infant mouth without hurting her. Rather than being alarmed, her family believed she was marked to ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
St. Isidore was born at Madrid, Spain, in the latter half of the 12th century. For the greater part of his life he was employed as a laborer on a farm outside the city. Many marvelous happenings accompanied his lifelong work in the fields and continued long after his ... continue reading
By Deacon Keith Fournier
Father, raise up women like Catherine of Siena for this new missionary age of your Church. Women who are so in love with you, and so conformed to the Image of your Son, they can do for your Church in this hour, what she did in her own. Saints are a gift for the ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- St. Margaret of Antioch: Saint of the Day for Thursday, July 20, 2017
- Two Catholic priests kidnapped after violent attack by 10 assailants
- President Trump is working hard compared to his predecessors, so why ...
- Daily Reading for Saturday, July 22nd, 2017 HD Video
- Gruesome case of mass child abuse reveals 547 boys victimized at ...
- Daily Reading for Friday, July 21st, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Thursday, July 20, 2017
- Why is Facebook censoring Catholic content? HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, July 20th, 2017 HD
- The one nasty reason you can't take your kids to the park anymore HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, July 19th, 2017 HD