With Africanus, Pompeius, and companions, a group of fifty martyrs who were cruelly martyred during the persecutions of Emperor Trajanus Decius. According to tradition, they were forced into a pit filled with serpents and stinging rep tiles; those who survived this ordeal were beheaded.
Saint Feast Days by Month
Nothing certain is known of her, but according to her untrustworthy legend, she was the daughter of a pagan priest at Antioch in Pisidia. Also known as Marina, she was converted to Christianity, ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
St. Bernadette was born in Lourdes, France on January 7, 1844. Her parents were very poor and she was the first of nine children. She was baptized at St. Pierre's, the local parish church, on January 9. As a toddler, Bernadette contracted cholera and suffered extreme ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
"Make your fold with the sheep; flee from the wolves: depart not from the Church," Cyril admonished catechumens surrounded by heresy. These were prophetic words for Cyril was to be hounded by enemies and heretics for most of his life, and although they could exile him ... continue reading
David, the youngest son of Scotland's virtuous queen, (Saint) Margaret, succeeded his brother to the Scottish throne in 1124. David's friend, (Saint) Aelred, abbot of the English monastery of Rievaulx, was later to recount David's religious devotion and his generosity ... continue reading
By Deacon Keith Fournier
Father, raise up women like Catherine of Siena for this new missionary age of your Church. Women who are so in love with you, and so conformed to the Image of your Son, they can do for your Church in this hour, what she did in her own. Saints are a gift for the ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Thursday, July 20, 2017
- Deadbeat Republicans, do your job or GET OUT! HD Video
- Pope calls man who lost his legs, but got a miracle
- Cardinal Muller reports Pope Emeritus Benedict is 'disappointed' at ...
- Family receives shocking MIRACLE after 9-month-pregnant woman is shot ...
- St. Margaret of Antioch: Saint of the Day for Thursday, July 20, 2017
- Daily Reading for Saturday, July 22nd, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Friday, July 21st, 2017 HD
- Why is Facebook censoring Catholic content? HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, July 20th, 2017 HD
- The one nasty reason you can't take your kids to the park anymore HD