St. Anthony Kauleas
Patriarch of Constantinople. He was born in 829 of Phrygian descent near Constantinople and entered a local monastery. There he became abbot until chosen as patriarch of Constantinople in 893, a successor of Photius, whose schisms he attempted to heal.
Saint Feast Days by Month
Nothing certain is known of her, but according to her untrustworthy legend, she was the daughter of a pagan priest at Antioch in Pisidia. Also known as Marina, she was converted to Christianity, ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Born on October 16 1890 in Corinaldo, in the Ancona Province in Italy, her farmworker father moved his family to Ferrier di Conca, near Anzio. When he died of malaria, Maria's mother had to struggle to feed her children. Maria's mother, brothers, and sisters worked in ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Benedictine abbot and defender of the faith. Born in Canas, Navarre, Spain, circa 1000, he entered the Benedictines at San Millan de Ia Cogolla. King Garcia III of Navarre challenged him when he became abbot of the monastery, and Dominic refused to surrender part of ... continue reading
By Deacon Keith Fournier
Father, raise up women like Catherine of Siena for this new missionary age of your Church. Women who are so in love with you, and so conformed to the Image of your Son, they can do for your Church in this hour, what she did in her own. Saints are a gift for the ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Two Catholic priests kidnapped after violent attack by 10 assailants
- Daily Readings for Thursday, July 20, 2017
- St. Margaret of Antioch: Saint of the Day for Thursday, July 20, 2017
- Daily Reading for Saturday, July 22nd, 2017 HD Video
- Gruesome case of mass child abuse reveals 547 boys victimized at ...
- Daily Reading for Friday, July 21st, 2017 HD Video
- President Trump is working hard compared to his predecessors, so why ...
- Why is Facebook censoring Catholic content? HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, July 20th, 2017 HD
- The one nasty reason you can't take your kids to the park anymore HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, July 19th, 2017 HD