no title - Angel Stories
By: Christina Song
Location: Denver CO USA
When my mother was an infant, her father was taken from their home in South Korea during an invasion from the North. I have never seen my maternal grandfather or known anything about him but this. My grandmother was always a very strong and independent woman, having been a single mother and sole provider during a time and in a society where such a thing was unheard of.
Growing up, my grandmother lived with us but my brother was much closer to her, and sad to say, nicer to her than I. However, in times of need, I could always count on her to make me feel safe or peaceful. Her devout faith and warm spirit was my security.
Later in her life, she suffered several strokes, but still managed to be strong. Later still, as age and illness began to catch up to this remarkable woman, she finally had to stay (temporarily we hoped) at a nursing home. I wanted to visit her so she would know I loved her but it was too difficult to see her suffer and come to grips with the fact that she may leave us so I kept putting it off. One night, I dreamed I was in a forest and a distinguished-looking man dressed in old-style Korean clothing, riding a horse, stopped in my path and I knew it was my grandfather. He spoke in Korean, and I in English, but we understood eachother perfectly. He told me he was proud of me and I cried, trying to explain that he didn't know all the mistakes I've made in my life. He told me that he knew and it was okay and that everything would be all right.
The next morning, I told my mother about my dream. My grandmother's health was not improving and we all headed to see her. As I held my grandmother's hand, looking at her, I told her how sorry I was for not being closer to her and that I loved her. I hoped I would see a response but did not. The rest of my family made their visits as well but she hung on. Finally, just as the priest was finishing her final rites, she passed away.
I know it was my grandfather in my dream and that he came to me to help me cope with her passing. I had never lost a loved one before that day. I like to think he came for her too, to help her on her way to God. That night, I woke up in the middle of the night, feeling strangely rested. As I walked down the hall, I smelled the most beautiful, sweetest smelling flowers I have ever smelled. I think it was my grandma, letting me know she will always be my guardian angel.
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 301 - 328 of 328
- My Angel, by Jerry Wallace
- A Wake-Up Call, by Kathryn Adriano
- Just relax!, by Maureen Moore
- Everything will be alright, by John May
- Josephina, by Anonymous
- guardian angel, by B. Baptiste
- My Grandmother's Grave, by Michelle Brylowska
- My mom came to see her grandson for the first time, by Dawn Gudat
- Joan of arc, by Meagan Kaminski
- Two Angels in one day, by Trina Moore
- Dreams, by Michelle Vargas
- I believe, by Samantha Wynkoop
- no title, by Anonymous
- Ignatius, by Theresa Smaroff
- God's Will, by Jennifer Martin
- Grandfather as an angel, by Kathleen Liner
- Homeless Angel, by Angela Ohanian
- An Angel in my Kitchen, by Joycelyn Smith
- Angels are Everywhere, by Jaci Tron
- Four Wheel Drive Angels, by John Haas
- Angels in the Train Station, by C. E.
- Someone has saved me!, by Mary Leeneth Lauron
- Angel Couple, by Randy Rodriguez
- Not my time, by FIONA MALONEY
- no title, by Christina Song
- One night, by Christian Elizalde
- Police Officer's Partner, by Alfredo Lopez
- An Angel's Message of Warning, by Joan Fowler
Saint Feast Days by Month
Luke, the writer of the Gospel and the Acts of the Apostles, has been identified with St. Paul's "Luke, the beloved physician" (Colossians 4:14). We know few other facts about Luke's life ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
St. Elizabeth of Hungary, also known as St. Elizabeth of Thuringia, was born in Hungary on July 7, 1207 to the Hungarian King Andrew II and Gertrude of Merania. As soon as her life began, she had responsibilities from being a royal pressed upon her. While Elizabeth ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
St. Isidore was born at Madrid, Spain, in the latter half of the 12th century. For the greater part of his life he was employed as a laborer on a farm outside the city. Many marvelous happenings accompanied his lifelong work in the fields and continued long after his ... continue reading
By Marshall Connolly (CALIFORNIA NETWORK)
Archaeologists suspect they have found the tomb of the actual saint behind Santa Claus. The saint, who was thought to be in Italy until now, may still be under the floor of a church in turkey. LOS ANGELES, CA (California Network) -- The saint who would be known as ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Being Christian now more dangerous than ever as persecution reaches ...
- Secretary denies Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI is close to passing
- Deacon Keith invites you... HD Video
- Daily Readings for Thursday, October 19, 2017
- Sts. Isaac Jogues and Rene Goupil: Saint of the Day for Thursday, ...
- Wealthy donors seek to destroy your religious freedom
- It was the Clintons! Clinton family took millions in bribes from ...
- Daily Reading for Friday, October 20th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, October 19th, 2017 HD
- Museum of the Bible to open in Washington D.C., here's what you want to know HD
- Virgin Mary appears to Hindu schoolchildren in India, miracles reported HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way