no title - Angel Stories
By: Christina Song
Location: Denver CO USA
When my mother was an infant, her father was taken from their home in South Korea during an invasion from the North. I have never seen my maternal grandfather or known anything about him but this. My grandmother was always a very strong and independent woman, having been a single mother and sole provider during a time and in a society where such a thing was unheard of.
Growing up, my grandmother lived with us but my brother was much closer to her, and sad to say, nicer to her than I. However, in times of need, I could always count on her to make me feel safe or peaceful. Her devout faith and warm spirit was my security.
Later in her life, she suffered several strokes, but still managed to be strong. Later still, as age and illness began to catch up to this remarkable woman, she finally had to stay (temporarily we hoped) at a nursing home. I wanted to visit her so she would know I loved her but it was too difficult to see her suffer and come to grips with the fact that she may leave us so I kept putting it off. One night, I dreamed I was in a forest and a distinguished-looking man dressed in old-style Korean clothing, riding a horse, stopped in my path and I knew it was my grandfather. He spoke in Korean, and I in English, but we understood eachother perfectly. He told me he was proud of me and I cried, trying to explain that he didn't know all the mistakes I've made in my life. He told me that he knew and it was okay and that everything would be all right.
The next morning, I told my mother about my dream. My grandmother's health was not improving and we all headed to see her. As I held my grandmother's hand, looking at her, I told her how sorry I was for not being closer to her and that I loved her. I hoped I would see a response but did not. The rest of my family made their visits as well but she hung on. Finally, just as the priest was finishing her final rites, she passed away.
I know it was my grandfather in my dream and that he came to me to help me cope with her passing. I had never lost a loved one before that day. I like to think he came for her too, to help her on her way to God. That night, I woke up in the middle of the night, feeling strangely rested. As I walked down the hall, I smelled the most beautiful, sweetest smelling flowers I have ever smelled. I think it was my grandma, letting me know she will always be my guardian angel.
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 301 - 328 of 328
- My Angel, by Jerry Wallace
- A Wake-Up Call, by Kathryn Adriano
- Just relax!, by Maureen Moore
- Everything will be alright, by John May
- Josephina, by Anonymous
- guardian angel, by B. Baptiste
- My Grandmother's Grave, by Michelle Brylowska
- My mom came to see her grandson for the first time, by Dawn Gudat
- Joan of arc, by Meagan Kaminski
- Two Angels in one day, by Trina Moore
- Dreams, by Michelle Vargas
- I believe, by Samantha Wynkoop
- no title, by Anonymous
- Ignatius, by Theresa Smaroff
- God's Will, by Jennifer Martin
- Grandfather as an angel, by Kathleen Liner
- Homeless Angel, by Angela Ohanian
- An Angel in my Kitchen, by Joycelyn Smith
- Angels are Everywhere, by Jaci Tron
- Four Wheel Drive Angels, by John Haas
- Angels in the Train Station, by C. E.
- Someone has saved me!, by Mary Leeneth Lauron
- Angel Couple, by Randy Rodriguez
- Not my time, by FIONA MALONEY
- no title, by Christina Song
- One night, by Christian Elizalde
- Police Officer's Partner, by Alfredo Lopez
- An Angel's Message of Warning, by Joan Fowler
Saint Feast Days by Month
All lovers of Scripture have reason to celebrate this day. Damasus was the pope who commissioned Saint Jerome to translate the Scriptures into Latin, the Vulgate version of the Bible. Damasus was ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
St. Agnes of Rome was born in 291 AD and raised in a Christian family. Agnes was very beautiful and belonged to a wealthy family. Her hand in marriage was highly sought after, and she had many high ranking men chasing after her. However, Agnes made a promise to God ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Feastday: September 20 The evangelization of Korea began during the 17th century through a group of lay persons. A strong vital Christian community flourished there under lay leadership until missionaries arrived from the Paris Foreign Mission Society. During ... continue reading
The "Great Martyr," and the leader of converts in the Roman army. While serving as a tribune in the army of General Galerius, Andrew and his men faced a battle with a Persian host. Calling upon Christ for aid, the Romans were victorious. Andrew and some of his troops ... continue reading
By CNA News
Scientists at a university in Liverpool have unveiled what they say is the most realistic portrait ever created of St. Nicholas of Myra, the popular 4th century bishop best known as the inspiration for the modern-day figure of Santa Claus. Liverpool, England (CNA) - ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
More Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, December 13th, 2017 HD Video
- Attempted terror attack fails in Manhattan as pipe bomb explodes ...
- Coming forward is the key to ending systemic abuse!
- Did Ray Moore break the law by talking to teens?
- Our Lady of Guadalupe: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, December 12, 2017
- Archaeologists open two new Egyptian tombs, discover mummy, artifacts
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, December 12, 2017
- Here's how Pope Francis wants to change the Lords Prayer HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, December 12th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, December 11th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, December 10th, 2017 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way