no title - Angel Stories
By: Christina Song
Location: Denver CO USA
When my mother was an infant, her father was taken from their home in South Korea during an invasion from the North. I have never seen my maternal grandfather or known anything about him but this. My grandmother was always a very strong and independent woman, having been a single mother and sole provider during a time and in a society where such a thing was unheard of.
Growing up, my grandmother lived with us but my brother was much closer to her, and sad to say, nicer to her than I. However, in times of need, I could always count on her to make me feel safe or peaceful. Her devout faith and warm spirit was my security.
Later in her life, she suffered several strokes, but still managed to be strong. Later still, as age and illness began to catch up to this remarkable woman, she finally had to stay (temporarily we hoped) at a nursing home. I wanted to visit her so she would know I loved her but it was too difficult to see her suffer and come to grips with the fact that she may leave us so I kept putting it off. One night, I dreamed I was in a forest and a distinguished-looking man dressed in old-style Korean clothing, riding a horse, stopped in my path and I knew it was my grandfather. He spoke in Korean, and I in English, but we understood eachother perfectly. He told me he was proud of me and I cried, trying to explain that he didn't know all the mistakes I've made in my life. He told me that he knew and it was okay and that everything would be all right.
The next morning, I told my mother about my dream. My grandmother's health was not improving and we all headed to see her. As I held my grandmother's hand, looking at her, I told her how sorry I was for not being closer to her and that I loved her. I hoped I would see a response but did not. The rest of my family made their visits as well but she hung on. Finally, just as the priest was finishing her final rites, she passed away.
I know it was my grandfather in my dream and that he came to me to help me cope with her passing. I had never lost a loved one before that day. I like to think he came for her too, to help her on her way to God. That night, I woke up in the middle of the night, feeling strangely rested. As I walked down the hall, I smelled the most beautiful, sweetest smelling flowers I have ever smelled. I think it was my grandma, letting me know she will always be my guardian angel.
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 301 - 328 of 328
- My Angel, by Jerry Wallace
- A Wake-Up Call, by Kathryn Adriano
- Just relax!, by Maureen Moore
- Everything will be alright, by John May
- Josephina, by Anonymous
- guardian angel, by B. Baptiste
- My Grandmother's Grave, by Michelle Brylowska
- My mom came to see her grandson for the first time, by Dawn Gudat
- Joan of arc, by Meagan Kaminski
- Two Angels in one day, by Trina Moore
- Dreams, by Michelle Vargas
- I believe, by Samantha Wynkoop
- no title, by Anonymous
- Ignatius, by Theresa Smaroff
- God's Will, by Jennifer Martin
- Grandfather as an angel, by Kathleen Liner
- Homeless Angel, by Angela Ohanian
- An Angel in my Kitchen, by Joycelyn Smith
- Angels are Everywhere, by Jaci Tron
- Four Wheel Drive Angels, by John Haas
- Angels in the Train Station, by C. E.
- Someone has saved me!, by Mary Leeneth Lauron
- Angel Couple, by Randy Rodriguez
- Not my time, by FIONA MALONEY
- no title, by Christina Song
- One night, by Christian Elizalde
- Police Officer's Partner, by Alfredo Lopez
- An Angel's Message of Warning, by Joan Fowler
Saint Feast Days by Month
The writings of St. Irenaeus entitle him to a high place among the fathers of the Church, for they not only laid the foundations of Christian theology but, by exposing and refuting the errors of the ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
St. Kateri Tekakwitha is the first Native American to be recognized as a saint by the Catholic Church. She was born in 1656, in the Mohawk village of Ossernenon. Her mother was an Algonquin, who was captured by the Mohawks and who took a Mohawk chief for her ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Everything we know about the husband of Mary and the foster father of Jesus comes from Scripture and that has seemed too little for those who made up legends about him. We know he was a carpenter, a working man, for the skeptical Nazarenes ask about Jesus, "Is this ... continue reading
By Deacon Keith Fournier
Father, raise up women like Catherine of Siena for this new missionary age of your Church. Women who are so in love with you, and so conformed to the Image of your Son, they can do for your Church in this hour, what she did in her own. Saints are a gift for the ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Terrorists using Christians as sex slaves and human shields in the ...
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, June 28, 2017
- How decaf coffee destroyed the ozone layer, you monsters
- Cyber-attack hitting USA right now, experts fear could turn deadly in ...
- St. Irenaeus: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, June 28, 2017
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, June 28th, 2017 HD Video
- New social media algorithm can predict the future
- Central bankers warn of looming global recession HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, June 27th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, June 26th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, June 25th, 2017 HD