Mom's Passing Gift - Angel Stories
By: Vicky Zuwala
Location: Otisville MI USA
I was always tagging along with my mom when she would go shopping or visiting with friends and family. I remained close to her, calling her and most times seeing her everyday. Even after I had my children, a girl and boy, and my own home I spent a lot of time with Mom.
My daughter also became very close with my mom. Everyone could tell that Chrissy was the apple of my mom's eye. They had a special connection.
In October of 1991, Mom was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer and went downhill very quickly. I would go fix her dinner and keep her company, doing many of the things she used to do. I just could not phathom that this strong young woman of 51 could die and leave me. I guess that was the biggest feeling I had. She was leaving me.
She made it past Christmas and into March. About a week before my daughter's birthday, Mom went into the hospital to die. She held on as we said Rosaries and she laughed about the leprachaun she saw sitting on the end of her bed. She slipped into a morphine coma and they said she would probably die that day, the day of my daughter's birthday.
I just couldn't have Chrissy's birthday shadowed by that. I didn't want her to remember her birthday as the day her grandma passed away. So I sent her with her dad to see a Brian Adams concert. All that day Mom would start slipping away to only grab on tight and stay alive.
There was a gurgling in her throat that sounded like a song, very continuous and melodic. I have not found that tune yet. I am still looking. But the one thing that did stick out is the unmistakable sound of her calling my daughter's name. By morning, I knew I had to bring my daughter back in to see her.
Just a few minutes after Chrissy arrived and spent time with her, Mom passed breathing out her last spirit freeing breath. I took my kids into the waiting room while they were crying and started to tell them that Grandma was going to go to heaven.
I didn't even get the words out completely when I feel this whoosh inside me like something had just rushed through me and I heard what was a much higher pitch of my mom's voice saying to me, Vicky I am already there! and then she fleeted out of me and around the room in a big swish of opalescent comet like light. I felt the most urgent and sad desire to follow her.
That is the first time I had felt just my soul. She gave me that gift, to see with something other than my physical senses. She gave me the knowledge that what I believed in was true. The story isn't done.
Chrissy was 13 then. When she was 18, she got pregnant. Of course, she was due in early March. But the baby wouldn't come. My daughter went into labor on her birthday to have my grandson the next day, the date my mom passed at almost the same time. Mom was very precious to us and we were given someone else very precious.
This past Tuesday, my daughter gave birth to another son, her third child. He was supposed to be born on December 16, my mom's birthday. Instead he was born on the 13th and will come home tomorrow on mom's birthday.
Happy Birthday Mom. :) I truly believe we are all connected and love follows us. Thank you Mom for my gifts.
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 301 - 328 of 328
- My Angel, by Jerry Wallace
- A Wake-Up Call, by Kathryn Adriano
- Just relax!, by Maureen Moore
- Everything will be alright, by John May
- Josephina, by Anonymous
- guardian angel, by B. Baptiste
- My Grandmother's Grave, by Michelle Brylowska
- My mom came to see her grandson for the first time, by Dawn Gudat
- Joan of arc, by Meagan Kaminski
- Two Angels in one day, by Trina Moore
- Dreams, by Michelle Vargas
- I believe, by Samantha Wynkoop
- no title, by Anonymous
- Ignatius, by Theresa Smaroff
- God's Will, by Jennifer Martin
- Grandfather as an angel, by Kathleen Liner
- Homeless Angel, by Angela Ohanian
- An Angel in my Kitchen, by Joycelyn Smith
- Angels are Everywhere, by Jaci Tron
- Four Wheel Drive Angels, by John Haas
- Angels in the Train Station, by C. E.
- Someone has saved me!, by Mary Leeneth Lauron
- Angel Couple, by Randy Rodriguez
- Not my time, by FIONA MALONEY
- no title, by Christina Song
- One night, by Christian Elizalde
- Police Officer's Partner, by Alfredo Lopez
- An Angel's Message of Warning, by Joan Fowler
Saint Feast Days by Month
Carthusian monk and bishop, defender of papal authority. Anthelm was born in 1107 in a castle near Chambery, in Savoy, France. He was ordained a priest and visited the Carthusian Charterhouse at ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Saint Monica, also known as Monica of Hippo, is St. Augustine of Hippo's mother. She was born in 331 A.D. in Tagaste, which is present-day Algeria. When she was very young, she was married off to the Roman pagan Patricius, who shared his mother's violent temper. ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
In the year 1400, a young man came to the door of the largest hospital in Siena. A plague was raging through the city so horrible that as many as twenty people died each day just in the hospital alone. And many of the people who died were those who were needed to tend ... continue reading
By Deacon Keith Fournier
Father, raise up women like Catherine of Siena for this new missionary age of your Church. Women who are so in love with you, and so conformed to the Image of your Son, they can do for your Church in this hour, what she did in her own. Saints are a gift for the ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Monday, June 26th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, June 27th, 2017 HD Video
- St. Anthelm: Saint of the Day for Monday, June 26, 2017
- 'Budgets are moral documents'
- Is the 'Gaucho Priest' the Devil's worst nightmare?
- Catholic hero gifted most prestigous award after saving woman's life ...
- Daily Readings for Monday, June 26, 2017
- Daily Reading for Sunday, June 25th, 2017 HD
- Pope Francis prepares an incredible gift of love and solidarity for South Sudan HD
- St. Emma HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, June 24th, 2017 HD