Mom's Passing Gift - Angel Stories
By: Vicky Zuwala
Location: Otisville MI USA
I was always tagging along with my mom when she would go shopping or visiting with friends and family. I remained close to her, calling her and most times seeing her everyday. Even after I had my children, a girl and boy, and my own home I spent a lot of time with Mom.
My daughter also became very close with my mom. Everyone could tell that Chrissy was the apple of my mom's eye. They had a special connection.
In October of 1991, Mom was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer and went downhill very quickly. I would go fix her dinner and keep her company, doing many of the things she used to do. I just could not phathom that this strong young woman of 51 could die and leave me. I guess that was the biggest feeling I had. She was leaving me.
She made it past Christmas and into March. About a week before my daughter's birthday, Mom went into the hospital to die. She held on as we said Rosaries and she laughed about the leprachaun she saw sitting on the end of her bed. She slipped into a morphine coma and they said she would probably die that day, the day of my daughter's birthday.
I just couldn't have Chrissy's birthday shadowed by that. I didn't want her to remember her birthday as the day her grandma passed away. So I sent her with her dad to see a Brian Adams concert. All that day Mom would start slipping away to only grab on tight and stay alive.
There was a gurgling in her throat that sounded like a song, very continuous and melodic. I have not found that tune yet. I am still looking. But the one thing that did stick out is the unmistakable sound of her calling my daughter's name. By morning, I knew I had to bring my daughter back in to see her.
Just a few minutes after Chrissy arrived and spent time with her, Mom passed breathing out her last spirit freeing breath. I took my kids into the waiting room while they were crying and started to tell them that Grandma was going to go to heaven.
I didn't even get the words out completely when I feel this whoosh inside me like something had just rushed through me and I heard what was a much higher pitch of my mom's voice saying to me, Vicky I am already there! and then she fleeted out of me and around the room in a big swish of opalescent comet like light. I felt the most urgent and sad desire to follow her.
That is the first time I had felt just my soul. She gave me that gift, to see with something other than my physical senses. She gave me the knowledge that what I believed in was true. The story isn't done.
Chrissy was 13 then. When she was 18, she got pregnant. Of course, she was due in early March. But the baby wouldn't come. My daughter went into labor on her birthday to have my grandson the next day, the date my mom passed at almost the same time. Mom was very precious to us and we were given someone else very precious.
This past Tuesday, my daughter gave birth to another son, her third child. He was supposed to be born on December 16, my mom's birthday. Instead he was born on the 13th and will come home tomorrow on mom's birthday.
Happy Birthday Mom. :) I truly believe we are all connected and love follows us. Thank you Mom for my gifts.
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 301 - 328 of 328
- My Angel, by Jerry Wallace
- A Wake-Up Call, by Kathryn Adriano
- Just relax!, by Maureen Moore
- Everything will be alright, by John May
- Josephina, by Anonymous
- guardian angel, by B. Baptiste
- My Grandmother's Grave, by Michelle Brylowska
- My mom came to see her grandson for the first time, by Dawn Gudat
- Joan of arc, by Meagan Kaminski
- Two Angels in one day, by Trina Moore
- Dreams, by Michelle Vargas
- I believe, by Samantha Wynkoop
- no title, by Anonymous
- Ignatius, by Theresa Smaroff
- God's Will, by Jennifer Martin
- Grandfather as an angel, by Kathleen Liner
- Homeless Angel, by Angela Ohanian
- An Angel in my Kitchen, by Joycelyn Smith
- Angels are Everywhere, by Jaci Tron
- Four Wheel Drive Angels, by John Haas
- Angels in the Train Station, by C. E.
- Someone has saved me!, by Mary Leeneth Lauron
- Angel Couple, by Randy Rodriguez
- Not my time, by FIONA MALONEY
- no title, by Christina Song
- One night, by Christian Elizalde
- Police Officer's Partner, by Alfredo Lopez
- An Angel's Message of Warning, by Joan Fowler
Saint Feast Days by Month
An archbishop and scholar, Ado was born in Sens and educated at the Benedictine abbey of Ferrieres. Abbot Lupus Servatus, an outstanding humanist of the time, trained Ado, and was impressed with the ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Saint Emma, also known as Emma of Lesum, or Emma of Stiepel, lived in the city that is Bremen today. She is the first female inhabitant of the city to be known by name. Emma lived in the early 11th century, and was born into the Immedinger family. The Immedingers were ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Eusebius, born just a few years after Fabian's death, tells us how Fabian came to Rome after Pope Anteros died in 236. A layperson, and not a very important one, he may have come for the same reason many still come to Rome today during a papal election: concern for the ... continue reading
Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska of the Blessed Sacrament was born as Helena Kowalska, in Glogowiec, Leczyca County, north-west of Lódz in Poland on August 25, 1905. She was the third of 10 children to a poor and religious family. Faustina first felt a calling to the ... continue reading
By CNA News
Scientists at a university in Liverpool have unveiled what they say is the most realistic portrait ever created of St. Nicholas of Myra, the popular 4th century bishop best known as the inspiration for the modern-day figure of Santa Claus. Liverpool, England (CNA) - ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
More Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Saturday, December 16, 2017
- Indonesia rejects law that would criminalize sex outside of marriage
- Church reviews possible Catholic hospital mega-merger
- St. Ado of Vienne: Saint of the Day for Saturday, December 16, 2017
- Commission recommends Church end priestly celibacy and confession to ...
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, December 19th, 2017 HD Video
- Australia asks Church to end celibacy and confession to fight child ...
- Daily Reading for Monday, December 18th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, December 17th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, December 16th, 2017 HD
- The Net Neutrality Scam: Get ready to pay a lot more for a lot less HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way