I believe - Angel Stories
By: Samantha Wynkoop
Location: lancaster Ohio USA
My parents and I never had what you would call a loving relationship. The older I got the more my mom singled me out from my brother and sisters; yelling, constantly berating me, and eventually it moved on to the point where she would hit me. I could never understand why she hated me, and she made no secret of it...in fact she told me often she never wanted me. Two weeks after I graduated from high school it got to the point where my mother beat me up so badly and got so out of control that I left home. I had no money, car, job, clothes. And she told me if I ever told anyone how i got battered she'd make me sorry. It's so hard for anyone to imagine what it's like to have nothing...no self-esteem, and no hope. I got a job that paid minimum wage and moved in with my boyfriends family. They're great people, but still became leery around me, like they no longer knew how to act when i was around. I became really depressed, and started thinking....nobody wants me....I'!
m taking up space and this is so hard to get up everyday and try to keep going.
I went to work one day, the store I worked in was small, only one person was scheduled per shift. So I was alone and thinking some very scary thoughts about ending my life...This little old lady walked in and looked around, but I could see she was staring at me, it was a bit un-nerving. I was standing there staring off into space and thinking depressing thoughts, not really paying too much attention to her when she walked right up and took my hand. I was too surprised to jerk my hand away...i'd reached the point where i didn't want anyone to touch me. She looked me right in the eye with the most direct gaze anyone has ever leveled at me and said 'your a good girl and you are loved, it's going to be okay'. I broke down and cried.
When I got myself under control again the old lady was gone...the thing is there was a little bell above the door so whenever anyone went in or out it rang really loudly. I never saw, or heard her leave....all I know is that this woman saved my life. I am completly convinced that she was my guardian angel.
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 301 - 328 of 328
- My Angel, by Jerry Wallace
- A Wake-Up Call, by Kathryn Adriano
- Just relax!, by Maureen Moore
- Everything will be alright, by John May
- Josephina, by Anonymous
- guardian angel, by B. Baptiste
- My Grandmother's Grave, by Michelle Brylowska
- My mom came to see her grandson for the first time, by Dawn Gudat
- Joan of arc, by Meagan Kaminski
- Two Angels in one day, by Trina Moore
- Dreams, by Michelle Vargas
- I believe, by Samantha Wynkoop
- no title, by Anonymous
- Ignatius, by Theresa Smaroff
- God's Will, by Jennifer Martin
- Grandfather as an angel, by Kathleen Liner
- Homeless Angel, by Angela Ohanian
- An Angel in my Kitchen, by Joycelyn Smith
- Angels are Everywhere, by Jaci Tron
- Four Wheel Drive Angels, by John Haas
- Angels in the Train Station, by C. E.
- Someone has saved me!, by Mary Leeneth Lauron
- Angel Couple, by Randy Rodriguez
- Not my time, by FIONA MALONEY
- no title, by Christina Song
- One night, by Christian Elizalde
- Police Officer's Partner, by Alfredo Lopez
- An Angel's Message of Warning, by Joan Fowler
Saint Feast Days by Month
William of Vercelli, Saint 1085-1142. founder, born in Vercelli Italy he was brought up as an orphan became a hermit on Monte Vergine, Italy after a pilgrimage to Compostella and attracted so many ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Saints Joaquin (sometimes spelled "Joachim," pronounced "wal-keem") and Anne, are the parents of the Virgin Mary. There are no mentions of them in the Bible or Gospels, what we know comes from Catholic legend and the Gospel of James, which is an unsanctioned, ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
St. Bertin was born about the beginning of the 7th century near Constance, France, and received his religious formation at the abbey of Luxeuil, at that time, the model abbey for the rather strict Rule of St. Columban. About 639, together with two other monks, he ... continue reading
By Deacon Keith Fournier
Father, raise up women like Catherine of Siena for this new missionary age of your Church. Women who are so in love with you, and so conformed to the Image of your Son, they can do for your Church in this hour, what she did in her own. Saints are a gift for the ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, June 27th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Sunday, June 25, 2017
- 'Half-Man-Half-Beast sent by the Devil' sparks fear in South African ...
- St. William of Vercelli: Saint of the Day for Sunday, June 25, 2017
- Daily Reading for Monday, June 26th, 2017 HD Video
- The end of the farm as we know it has arrived - here's how we're ...
- How a Catholic should deal with Tinder and other dating apps
- Daily Reading for Sunday, June 25th, 2017 HD
- Pope Francis prepares an incredible gift of love and solidarity for South Sudan HD
- St. Emma HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, June 24th, 2017 HD