I believe - Angel Stories
By: Samantha Wynkoop
Location: lancaster Ohio USA
My parents and I never had what you would call a loving relationship. The older I got the more my mom singled me out from my brother and sisters; yelling, constantly berating me, and eventually it moved on to the point where she would hit me. I could never understand why she hated me, and she made no secret of it...in fact she told me often she never wanted me. Two weeks after I graduated from high school it got to the point where my mother beat me up so badly and got so out of control that I left home. I had no money, car, job, clothes. And she told me if I ever told anyone how i got battered she'd make me sorry. It's so hard for anyone to imagine what it's like to have nothing...no self-esteem, and no hope. I got a job that paid minimum wage and moved in with my boyfriends family. They're great people, but still became leery around me, like they no longer knew how to act when i was around. I became really depressed, and started thinking....nobody wants me....I'!
m taking up space and this is so hard to get up everyday and try to keep going.
I went to work one day, the store I worked in was small, only one person was scheduled per shift. So I was alone and thinking some very scary thoughts about ending my life...This little old lady walked in and looked around, but I could see she was staring at me, it was a bit un-nerving. I was standing there staring off into space and thinking depressing thoughts, not really paying too much attention to her when she walked right up and took my hand. I was too surprised to jerk my hand away...i'd reached the point where i didn't want anyone to touch me. She looked me right in the eye with the most direct gaze anyone has ever leveled at me and said 'your a good girl and you are loved, it's going to be okay'. I broke down and cried.
When I got myself under control again the old lady was gone...the thing is there was a little bell above the door so whenever anyone went in or out it rang really loudly. I never saw, or heard her leave....all I know is that this woman saved my life. I am completly convinced that she was my guardian angel.
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 301 - 328 of 328
- My Angel, by Jerry Wallace
- A Wake-Up Call, by Kathryn Adriano
- Just relax!, by Maureen Moore
- Everything will be alright, by John May
- Josephina, by Anonymous
- guardian angel, by B. Baptiste
- My Grandmother's Grave, by Michelle Brylowska
- My mom came to see her grandson for the first time, by Dawn Gudat
- Joan of arc, by Meagan Kaminski
- Two Angels in one day, by Trina Moore
- Dreams, by Michelle Vargas
- I believe, by Samantha Wynkoop
- no title, by Anonymous
- Ignatius, by Theresa Smaroff
- God's Will, by Jennifer Martin
- Grandfather as an angel, by Kathleen Liner
- Homeless Angel, by Angela Ohanian
- An Angel in my Kitchen, by Joycelyn Smith
- Angels are Everywhere, by Jaci Tron
- Four Wheel Drive Angels, by John Haas
- Angels in the Train Station, by C. E.
- Someone has saved me!, by Mary Leeneth Lauron
- Angel Couple, by Randy Rodriguez
- Not my time, by FIONA MALONEY
- no title, by Christina Song
- One night, by Christian Elizalde
- Police Officer's Partner, by Alfredo Lopez
- An Angel's Message of Warning, by Joan Fowler
Saint Feast Days by Month
Clare was born at Montefalco, Italy, around 1268. As a young woman she joined a convent of Franciscan tertiaries. This group established Holy Cross Convent at Montefalco in 1290, adopting the Rule of ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Gemma Galgani was born on March 12, 1878, in a small Italian town near Lucca. At a very young age, Gemma developed a love for prayer. She made her First Communion on June 17, 1887. As a pupil at the school run by the Sisters of St. Zita, Gemma was loved by her teachers ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Saint Catherine of Alexandria is a canonized saint in the Catholic Church who, per Christian tradition, was martyred around 305 in Alexandria, Egypt. Of course, the Church of the first Millennium was undivided. She is also recognized as the Great Martyr and Saint by ... continue reading
St. Catherine was born in Florence in 1522. Her baptismal name was Alexandrina, but she took the name of Catherine upon entering religion. From her earliest infancy she manifested a great love of prayer, and in her sixth year, her father placed her in the convent of ... continue reading
By Deacon Frederick Bartels
Why is the Assumption important? First, lets look at what this dogma is all about. On 1 November, 1950, Pope Pius XII issued the Apostolic Constitution Munificentissimus Deus in which he proclaimed the dogma of the Assumption: "Mary, the immaculate perpetually Virgin ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Get ready for self checkout everywhere: 3.5 million retail cashiers ...
- Over 20 million people facing starvation - and we should care!
- St. Clare of Montefalco: Saint of the Day for Thursday, August 17, 2017
- Pro-life wins in Texas with new law to protect religious freedom and ...
- Daily Readings for Thursday, August 17, 2017
- Should history be rewritten to appease the angry? HD Video
- North Korea launches purge against Christians as faith spreads across ...
- Daily Reading for Friday, August 18th, 2017 HD
- Catholic Online YouTube HD
- Today is the Feast of the Assumption. Why do we celebrate it? HD
- North Korea backs down in face of U.S. threat, but why? HD