I believe - Angel Stories
By: Samantha Wynkoop
Location: lancaster Ohio USA
My parents and I never had what you would call a loving relationship. The older I got the more my mom singled me out from my brother and sisters; yelling, constantly berating me, and eventually it moved on to the point where she would hit me. I could never understand why she hated me, and she made no secret of it...in fact she told me often she never wanted me. Two weeks after I graduated from high school it got to the point where my mother beat me up so badly and got so out of control that I left home. I had no money, car, job, clothes. And she told me if I ever told anyone how i got battered she'd make me sorry. It's so hard for anyone to imagine what it's like to have nothing...no self-esteem, and no hope. I got a job that paid minimum wage and moved in with my boyfriends family. They're great people, but still became leery around me, like they no longer knew how to act when i was around. I became really depressed, and started thinking....nobody wants me....I'!
m taking up space and this is so hard to get up everyday and try to keep going.
I went to work one day, the store I worked in was small, only one person was scheduled per shift. So I was alone and thinking some very scary thoughts about ending my life...This little old lady walked in and looked around, but I could see she was staring at me, it was a bit un-nerving. I was standing there staring off into space and thinking depressing thoughts, not really paying too much attention to her when she walked right up and took my hand. I was too surprised to jerk my hand away...i'd reached the point where i didn't want anyone to touch me. She looked me right in the eye with the most direct gaze anyone has ever leveled at me and said 'your a good girl and you are loved, it's going to be okay'. I broke down and cried.
When I got myself under control again the old lady was gone...the thing is there was a little bell above the door so whenever anyone went in or out it rang really loudly. I never saw, or heard her leave....all I know is that this woman saved my life. I am completly convinced that she was my guardian angel.
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 301 - 328 of 328
- My Angel, by Jerry Wallace
- A Wake-Up Call, by Kathryn Adriano
- Just relax!, by Maureen Moore
- Everything will be alright, by John May
- Josephina, by Anonymous
- guardian angel, by B. Baptiste
- My Grandmother's Grave, by Michelle Brylowska
- My mom came to see her grandson for the first time, by Dawn Gudat
- Joan of arc, by Meagan Kaminski
- Two Angels in one day, by Trina Moore
- Dreams, by Michelle Vargas
- I believe, by Samantha Wynkoop
- no title, by Anonymous
- Ignatius, by Theresa Smaroff
- God's Will, by Jennifer Martin
- Grandfather as an angel, by Kathleen Liner
- Homeless Angel, by Angela Ohanian
- An Angel in my Kitchen, by Joycelyn Smith
- Angels are Everywhere, by Jaci Tron
- Four Wheel Drive Angels, by John Haas
- Angels in the Train Station, by C. E.
- Someone has saved me!, by Mary Leeneth Lauron
- Angel Couple, by Randy Rodriguez
- Not my time, by FIONA MALONEY
- no title, by Christina Song
- One night, by Christian Elizalde
- Police Officer's Partner, by Alfredo Lopez
- An Angel's Message of Warning, by Joan Fowler
Saint Feast Days by Month
St. Zita was born into a poor but holy Christian family. Her older sister became a Cistercian nun and her uncle Graziano was a hermit whom the local people regarded as a saint. Zita herself always ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
St. Catherine Laboure, virgin, was born on May 2, 1806. At an early age she entered the community of the Daughters of Charity, in Paris, France. Three times in 1830 the Virgin Mary appeared to St. Catherine Laboure, who then was a twenty-four year old novice. On July ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
St. Francis de Sales was born to a noble family at Chateau de Sales in the Kingdom of Savoy near Geneva, Switzerland on August 21, 1567. He was a Bishop and Doctor of the Church. Francis was both intelligent and gentle. From a very early age, he desired to serve God. ... continue reading
Francis was born at Paola, Italy and was educated at the Franciscan friary of San Marco there, and when fifteen became a hermit near Paola. In 1436, he and two companions began a community that is considered the foundation of the Minim Friars. He built a monastery ... continue reading
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
The most kids know of St. Patrick 's Day is that you must wear green or you'll get a pinch from your friends. Adults see the day as an occasion to celebrate, sometimes with green beer and other assorted alcoholic beverages. However, few really know what they are ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
More Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- St. Zita: Saint of the Day for Thursday, April 27, 2017
- Has the Trump administration betrayed the Little Sisters of the Poor?
- The Saint Pio Foundation to Honor Hon. Rick and Karen Santorum and ...
- Daily Readings for Thursday, April 27, 2017
- Pope Francis surprises with TED Talk appearance and powerful message ...
- Wait, what? Did Pope Francis just buy a private beach? Yes he did, ...
- Daily Reading for Friday, April 28th, 2017 HD Video
- Day 6 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, April 27th, 2017 HD
- Cherokee Nation sues drug distributors while CDC claims opioid deaths are underreported HD
- Day 5 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
Slow Burning Virtual Prayer Candle
Your contribution helps to maintain this corner of Catholic ... @ $11.25
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.