Grandfather as an angel - Angel Stories
By: Kathleen Liner
Location: New Britain CT USA
I was awakened one night in my very dark bedroom (the only noticeable light was from my alarm clock and the cracks of light coming in the windows on the sides of the shades pulled down) - I was in a deep sleep, lying on my right side, hands tucked under my pillow. Suddenly, my eyes popped open as if someone shook me awake. I didn't feel touched, but that is how suddenly I woke.
Within seconds of waking, I knew my grandfather was at the foot of my bed in an angelic form. I was scared even knowing it was my grandfather (whom had passed away 3 years prior). He was conveying into my mind though,"Don't be scared, it's me." over and over...but I was very frightened for about 3-4 minutes and coudn't move. He was conveying into my mind that he begged god to come down to me in my time of need (as he let me know he understood "all" that I was going through - with my father having sexually abused me for years and my grandfather never knew in his living state of that.) He knew that I needed a message to get me through and begged to come tell me that"everything" is going to be okay" - that he conveyed over and over to me - and I knew it meant that "everything" in my whole life was going to be generally "good" and that I was going to live to be a pretty good old age and have nothing majorally serious happen in my life. It would be fairly just smooth and easy enough. He said he feels so terrible for what his son did to me and he knows all of it. I finally got the courage up to roll onto my back and look at him - and did - but still scared at the awe of the whole thing. I was asking myself - "am I dreaming? - but I know I am not!" knowing how amazing it was and finally knowing and accepting I wasn't dreaming, I told myself - "okay, if I am awake, I am going to roll over onto my left side and look out the crack of my shade to look out the window," As a test to see if I was awake. Sure enough, I rolled over and looked out. At that point - I felt the most unbelievable peace and knew I was being amazingly blessed by the lord. (oh, by the way, my grandfather was ghostly looking (in my pitch black room) but I saw him very clearly in a striped polo shirt and dark blue pants and black belt. He looked like he did alive, but in a ghost image). The instant I awoke the next morning, I remembered what happened and KNEW I was awake during it and it was real. I felt and always still feel an unreal sense of calm and the lords blessing whenever I have tough times or just think about it in amazement. It has changed my life and feel totally confident in the experience. I know I am indeed blessed and very fortunate.
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 301 - 329 of 329
- Mom's Passing Gift, by Vicky Zuwala
- My Angel, by Jerry Wallace
- A Wake-Up Call, by Kathryn Adriano
- Just relax!, by Maureen Moore
- Everything will be alright, by John May
- Josephina, by Anonymous
- guardian angel, by B. Baptiste
- My Grandmother's Grave, by Michelle Brylowska
- My mom came to see her grandson for the first time, by Dawn Gudat
- Joan of arc, by Meagan Kaminski
- Two Angels in one day, by Trina Moore
- Dreams, by Michelle Vargas
- I believe, by Samantha Wynkoop
- no title, by Anonymous
- Ignatius, by Theresa Smaroff
- God's Will, by Jennifer Martin
- Grandfather as an angel, by Kathleen Liner
- Homeless Angel, by Angela Ohanian
- An Angel in my Kitchen, by Joycelyn Smith
- Angels are Everywhere, by Jaci Tron
- Four Wheel Drive Angels, by John Haas
- Angels in the Train Station, by C. E.
- Someone has saved me!, by Mary Leeneth Lauron
- Angel Couple, by Randy Rodriguez
- Not my time, by FIONA MALONEY
- no title, by Christina Song
- One night, by Christian Elizalde
- Police Officer's Partner, by Alfredo Lopez
- An Angel's Message of Warning, by Joan Fowler
Saint Feast Days by Month
A letter which St. Jerome wrote to St. Marcella provides the only information we have about St. Lea, a devout fourth century widow. Upon the death of her husband, she retired to a Roman monastery and ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Generations of Catholics have admired this young saint, called her the "Little Flower", and found in her short life more inspiration for their own lives than in volumes by theologians. Yet Therese died when she was 24, after having lived as cloistered Carmelite ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Born on January 13, 1891 in Guadalupe, Mexico, Miguel Agustin Pro Juarez was the eldest son of Miguel Pro and Josefa Juarez. Miguelito, as his doting family called him, was, from an early age, intensely spiritual and equally intense in hi mischievousness, ... continue reading
Hugh of Lincoln was the son of William, Lord of Avalon. He was born at Avalon Castle in Burgundy and was raised and educated at a convent at Villard-Benoit after his mother died when he was eight. He was professed at fifteen, ordained a deacon at nineteen, and was made ... continue reading
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
The most kids know of St. Patrick 's Day is that you must wear green or you'll get a pinch from your friends. Adults see the day as an occasion to celebrate, sometimes with green beer and other assorted alcoholic beverages. However, few really know what they are ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
More Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- ISIS deploys child soldiers to keep Christians from returning to Mosul
- 'Living Lent': Thursday of the Third Week of Lent - Day 23
- St. Toribio Alfonso de Mogrovejo: Saint of the Day for Thursday, ...
- Daily Readings for Thursday, March 23, 2017
- Pope Francis defends millennials, but warns them about too much ...
- Adorable girl captured stealing Pope Francis' hat in hilarious ...
- Daily Reading for Friday, March 24th, 2017 HD Video
- Supreme court nominee faces tough questions on religious freedom during confirmation hearings HD
- Christ's tomb reveals surprise after restoration HD
- Peruvian woman miraculously survives deadly mudslide HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, March 23rd, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.