The Feather Duster - Angel Stories
By: Lee Zelhart
Location: Salem IL USA
After having driven my first car, a Valient, for several year, my wife and I were expecting our first child. My parents talked us into buying my grandparents Duster, more particularly a Feather Duster, as my grandfather no longer was able to drive. The car had been setting in their garage for a year.
Well, we bought the car and were having trouble with it because, as we later found out, the carberator had gone bad while the car was not being driven. We would sometimes have to call to have someone help get the car started. Not good when you have doctors appointments to get to.
Anyway, since I wanted to go in with my wife we were told we would have to take birthing classes, but where I worked at the time, a magazine bindery, it was hard to get time off for that and the only way to take the class would have to be a one day class on a Sunday. The hospital we would be going to had those on occassion.
I called about the class and was told they didn't plan any classes soon. Then a few days later we got a call they were having a class on the next Sunday and had an openning for one more couple, would we be interested?
We got to the hospital that Sunday and went through the class. Outside I tried to start the car and couldn't get it started. I thought we were in trouble as there were no service places in our area open on Sunday evenings.
Just then someone in a white hospital uniform drove up and pulled into the only space which was beside us. The man got out and said it looked like we were having car trouble. He got out a set of jumper cables and hooked our car up and helped get the car started. Then he drove off.
Neither my wife, nor I saw a name on his name tag and we didn't see where he'd gone. When we got home I called the hospital and asked the nurse to thank whoever it was, but when I described the man she told me they didn't have anyone who matched that description there. I and my wife always afterwards thought it must have been a guardian angel.
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 251 - 300 of 328
- The Ring of the Telephone, by Ellen Nipper
- Needed Help, by Ralph M
- Guardian Angel, by Maria
- When we think no one else , by Nancy Sonier
- no title, by Rene Schneider
- Long lost uncle, by Nicolette Karczewski
- God's Answer, by Ashley Nicole
- Saved by my Guardian Angel, by Diana
- My brother, by guadalupe guzman
- My Guardian Angels, by Angela Corcoran
- Protection from an Assailant, by Jill Winther
- our angels, by Kellie purser
- My babyboy Angel, by Yessenia Rivera
- An Angel Awakened Me, by Vonnie Deak
- Storm, by Chole
- The Feather Duster, by Lee Zelhart
- no title, by Anna G
- Gina, by Margaret Quigley
- My short moment of Peace, by Tiffany Lequerique
- Dabar the angel of the Lord, by Anne Smith
- An Answer to Cheer Me, by Christine Chiomento
- Wings of love, by Mike Fisher
- Life Saving Encounter, by Patricia White
- Great Grandfather, by Michael Casey
- I'll Always Love You, I'll Never Leave You, by Elva Herrera
- We Were Both Ready, by Sophie
- Supportive Hug, by Debbie Schmidtke
- slow down, by virgen valentin
- marine angel, by Luis Trevino
- MY MOM, by MARIBEL GONZALEZ
- Angel encounter, by Stephanie Fulton
- My salvation, by Michael yacques
- Army of Angels, by Roselia Nevarez
- A Healing Hand, by Dave Ludwick
- Watching over me, by Dick Baker
- Messages from Angels, by Marie Sanchez
- no title, by Maria
- Garrett's Angels, by Donna Benedict
- BELIEVE, by JESSICA CUEVAS
- The Voice, by Camilla O'Brien
- My husbands angel, by annabelle reiger
- Saved by an Angel, by John Wagner
- My Guardian Angel, by Brooke Yessa
- Three times a miracle, by Yamilet Mantecon
- A Tweed Coat, by Olivia Solomon
- His Angel or Mine, by sandra Reyna
- Two Angels, by kenneth briganti
- Last chance, by Kyle Gilmore
- Saving angel, by Helena del Pino
- Mom's Passing Gift, by Vicky Zuwala
Saint Feast Days by Month
It is uncertain when Saint George was born and historians continue to debate to this day. However, his death date is estimated to be April 23 303 A.D. The first piece of evidence of George's ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
St. Frances Xavier Cabrini was born as Maria Francesca Cabrini on July 15, 1850 in Sant' Angelo Lodigiano, Lombardy, Italy. She was born two months premature and the youngest of thirteen children. Unfortunately, only three of her siblings survived past adolescence and ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
David, the youngest son of Scotland's virtuous queen, (Saint) Margaret, succeeded his brother to the Scottish throne in 1124. David's friend, (Saint) Aelred, abbot of the English monastery of Rievaulx, was later to recount David's religious devotion and his generosity ... continue reading
Benedictine abbot and defender of the faith. Born in Canas, Navarre, Spain, circa 1000, he entered the Benedictines at San Millan de Ia Cogolla. King Garcia III of Navarre challenged him when he became abbot of the monastery, and Dominic refused to surrender part of ... continue reading
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
The most kids know of St. Patrick 's Day is that you must wear green or you'll get a pinch from your friends. Adults see the day as an occasion to celebrate, sometimes with green beer and other assorted alcoholic beverages. However, few really know what they are ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
More Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Day 3 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD Video
- Scientists discover hobbits are real, but they're not related to us
- NYC Catholics accuse Cardinal Dolan for 'playing both sides' as ...
- Day 2 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD Video
- St. George: Saint of the Day for Sunday, April 23, 2017
- Feast of Divine Mercy: Doubting Thomas and the Wounds that Heal Our ...
- Daily Readings for Sunday, April 23, 2017
- Day 1 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, April 25th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, April 24th, 2017 HD
- Intro to the Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.