An Answer to Cheer Me - Angel Stories
By: Christine Chiomento
Location: Deepwater New Jersey USA
I don't have just one incident in which I am positive that God sent at least one, or even more, of His angels to cheer me, or comfort me, or even to inform me--because, for reasons only known to our heavely Father, I have had several--each one may seem smallish in size, and significance, but are so big, filled with God's Love, to me. But, I will just recount one of them, here.
On the first occasion that I can ever remember even wondering about the identity of the person in question, it was my very last day of high school. I had been so painfully shy all through grade school, never dating in high school, and staying to myself most of the time. I knew most of the kids that I went all the way through high school with, yet I was just way too shy, and socially awkward, to even try and mingle--so, I went to school mainly because I had to, and so that I could eventually graduate, and get on with my life.
During that last afternoon of my 12th grade year, I was with lots of other girls, whom I knew, at least by sight, and we were all gathered around the mirror, in one of the girl's lavatories. We were all putting on lipstick, or combing our hair, while waiting for our buses to arrive. Most of the girls were chatting with one another--I just stood, fixing my hair, not saying anything, as usual.
Finally, all of the girls left, but one. And, I never really looked at her very much, since I realized that I had never seen her before. I just assumed she was a fairly new student, and that was why I didn't recognize her. Suddenly, just before she walked out the door, she turned to me, and said, out of the blue, "You know, alot of the boys liked you, and they would have asked you out on dates, but they didn't because they always thought you were stuck up."
I was so totally surprised at what she'd just said--especially considering that I could remember ever seeing her before in my life! But, she had just answered one of my very biggest, unspoken, heartfelt questions, as to why no boys in school had ever even seemed to know that I was alive. This stranger had just let me know why boys my age, had not asked me out, for those 4 whole years of high school!
To this day, I am still so very grateful to her, for telling me what she did. But, it took many years before I realized just Who must have sent her, that day, to tell me what I had so secretly longed to know!
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 251 - 300 of 328
- The Ring of the Telephone, by Ellen Nipper
- Needed Help, by Ralph M
- Guardian Angel, by Maria
- When we think no one else , by Nancy Sonier
- no title, by Rene Schneider
- Long lost uncle, by Nicolette Karczewski
- God's Answer, by Ashley Nicole
- Saved by my Guardian Angel, by Diana
- My brother, by guadalupe guzman
- My Guardian Angels, by Angela Corcoran
- Protection from an Assailant, by Jill Winther
- our angels, by Kellie purser
- My babyboy Angel, by Yessenia Rivera
- An Angel Awakened Me, by Vonnie Deak
- Storm, by Chole
- The Feather Duster, by Lee Zelhart
- no title, by Anna G
- Gina, by Margaret Quigley
- My short moment of Peace, by Tiffany Lequerique
- Dabar the angel of the Lord, by Anne Smith
- An Answer to Cheer Me, by Christine Chiomento
- Wings of love, by Mike Fisher
- Life Saving Encounter, by Patricia White
- Great Grandfather, by Michael Casey
- I'll Always Love You, I'll Never Leave You, by Elva Herrera
- We Were Both Ready, by Sophie
- Supportive Hug, by Debbie Schmidtke
- slow down, by virgen valentin
- marine angel, by Luis Trevino
- MY MOM, by MARIBEL GONZALEZ
- Angel encounter, by Stephanie Fulton
- My salvation, by Michael yacques
- Army of Angels, by Roselia Nevarez
- A Healing Hand, by Dave Ludwick
- Watching over me, by Dick Baker
- Messages from Angels, by Marie Sanchez
- no title, by Maria
- Garrett's Angels, by Donna Benedict
- BELIEVE, by JESSICA CUEVAS
- The Voice, by Camilla O'Brien
- My husbands angel, by annabelle reiger
- Saved by an Angel, by John Wagner
- My Guardian Angel, by Brooke Yessa
- Three times a miracle, by Yamilet Mantecon
- A Tweed Coat, by Olivia Solomon
- His Angel or Mine, by sandra Reyna
- Two Angels, by kenneth briganti
- Last chance, by Kyle Gilmore
- Saving angel, by Helena del Pino
- Mom's Passing Gift, by Vicky Zuwala
Saint Feast Days by Month
St. Stephen the Great (977-1038), was the son of the Magyar chieftain Geza, Stephen succeeded him as leader in 997. Already raised a Christian, in 996 he wed the daughter of Duke Henry II of Bavaria ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
St. Agnes of Rome was born in 291 AD and raised in a Christian family. Agnes was very beautiful and belonged to a wealthy family. Her hand in marriage was highly sought after, and she had many high ranking men chasing after her. However, Agnes made a promise to God ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Saint Barbara, also known as the Great Martyr Barbara, was an early Christian Greek martyr born mid-third century in Heliopolis, Phoenicia. Barbara was the daughter to a rich pagan named Dioscorus. After the death of Barbara's mother, Dioscorus dedicated his life to ... continue reading
All we know of Barnabas is to be found in the New Testament. A Jew, born in Cyprus and named Joseph, he sold his property, gave the proceeds to the Apostles, who gave him the name Barnabas, and lived in common with the earliest converts to Christianity in Jerusalem. He ... continue reading
By Deacon Frederick Bartels
Why is the Assumption important? First, lets look at what this dogma is all about. On 1 November, 1950, Pope Pius XII issued the Apostolic Constitution Munificentissimus Deus in which he proclaimed the dogma of the Assumption: "Mary, the immaculate perpetually Virgin ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, August 16, 2017
- Today is the Feast of the Assumption. Why do we celebrate it? HD Video
- North Korea backs down in face of U.S. threat, but why? HD Video
- The Vatican has a list of films you should see. Some of these will ...
- People in Yemen are dying of a foul and dreaded disease as civil war ...
- Corrupt media censoring news of lawsuit against Democratic National ...
- St. Stephen the Great: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, August 16, 2017
- Daily Reading for Thursday, August 17th, 2017 HD
- Warning to California: Volcanoes could erupt, endangering half the state HD
- With eclipse near, Pope Francis warns against astrology and fortune telling HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, August 16th, 2017 HD