A Healing Hand - Angel Stories
By: Dave Ludwick
Location: Edmonton Alberta Canada
In 2001, I had had enough. As a busy senior manager, very successful in my job, I was anything but successful in my heart. I thought I had mastered anxiety and success, but it had mastered me.
On Novemebr 14, 2001, while sitting in front of the TV on a Saturday with my laptop in hand doing work for my company that I hoped would make me appear more valuable to my boss, a TV commercial came on. It was an advertisement promoting powertochange.com . Several of the sites testimonials were presented on TV in front of me.
You see, to this point, I was in the process of considerable and relenting anxiety attacks. For some one who was supposed to be so successful, I was sure losing the battle.
In seeing that commerical, after years of anxiety, I decided to navigate to the site, read some testimonials and followed the directions to call Jesus into my life. Angels had prepared that site in advance, for when I read those words, it was like He was speaking to me personally. That was the beginning of the first time Jesus' Healing Hand came apparent to me. On that day, I asked Jesus to come into my life, and I pledged my life to him. I gave him my life on one condition - that he would sweep away all my anxiety.
I'd like to say that that very morning, I was completely anxiety free, but it was not. I did experience improvement immediately, but the next two years were still very difficult. What happened next though changed my life and that of my son. Looking back, it was the trial that helped me mature as Jesus intends.
In June 2002, I was let go from my job - the very job I had slaved for. Despite the anxiety, I stayed committed to Jesus, and I believe in his commmittment to me. After a hard working summer, he granted me a new job in a different town, far far away. My wife and I decided to take the opportunity and move. It was the right move.
In Sept 2002, we arrived. However, fresh off the plane, our baby son, who was now 6 months old, was experiencing some health problems. The health issues manifested themselves like a cold or virus, but they seemed much worse. The boy would not sleep, and I mean not sleep at all - at all. Further, he was white and this fella who was normally very happy, was not smiling. After taking him to a few clinics in my first few days of work, my wife decide she better take him to a hospital. WHat happened next drilled a hole in my heart.
The doctors told us our son had a rare disease which attacked the heart. He had already developed a heart aneurysm and would be expected to develop more. A heart aneurysm is a widening of the vessels around the heart. Widening the vessels slows the speed of blood flow, which if allowed to get too slow, causes clotting which could end up giving him a heart attack or a stroke. The doctor's prognosis was not very good. He said our boy was on the way out.
So here I was, I had given my life to Jesus, he had moved us to the other side of the country, in a strange place, with a strange job, and now our boy was being taken.
On the way out of the hospital, I prayed to Jesus. I said that He had given us this boy and that we loved him and as I had pledged before, I would follow his will and do what ever he wanted no matter what, but I asked him to save this boy's life.
I want to tell you, the next day -- the boy was cured, fixed, happy, healthy. The doctor's could not explain the evets. I am telling you this occurred over night. Our Jesus sent his Healing Hand a second time, this time to heal my son's heart. Great is our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Living God who heals.
Looking back, I beleive this period in my life was a test. Having passed the test, I literally live a worry free life. I am very lucky to have the fortune of seeing a website prepared by angels, who led me to follow Jesus.
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 251 - 300 of 328
- The Ring of the Telephone, by Ellen Nipper
- Needed Help, by Ralph M
- Guardian Angel, by Maria
- When we think no one else , by Nancy Sonier
- no title, by Rene Schneider
- Long lost uncle, by Nicolette Karczewski
- God's Answer, by Ashley Nicole
- Saved by my Guardian Angel, by Diana
- My brother, by guadalupe guzman
- My Guardian Angels, by Angela Corcoran
- Protection from an Assailant, by Jill Winther
- our angels, by Kellie purser
- My babyboy Angel, by Yessenia Rivera
- An Angel Awakened Me, by Vonnie Deak
- Storm, by Chole
- The Feather Duster, by Lee Zelhart
- no title, by Anna G
- Gina, by Margaret Quigley
- My short moment of Peace, by Tiffany Lequerique
- Dabar the angel of the Lord, by Anne Smith
- An Answer to Cheer Me, by Christine Chiomento
- Wings of love, by Mike Fisher
- Life Saving Encounter, by Patricia White
- Great Grandfather, by Michael Casey
- I'll Always Love You, I'll Never Leave You, by Elva Herrera
- We Were Both Ready, by Sophie
- Supportive Hug, by Debbie Schmidtke
- slow down, by virgen valentin
- marine angel, by Luis Trevino
- MY MOM, by MARIBEL GONZALEZ
- Angel encounter, by Stephanie Fulton
- My salvation, by Michael yacques
- Army of Angels, by Roselia Nevarez
- A Healing Hand, by Dave Ludwick
- Watching over me, by Dick Baker
- Messages from Angels, by Marie Sanchez
- no title, by Maria
- Garrett's Angels, by Donna Benedict
- BELIEVE, by JESSICA CUEVAS
- The Voice, by Camilla O'Brien
- My husbands angel, by annabelle reiger
- Saved by an Angel, by John Wagner
- My Guardian Angel, by Brooke Yessa
- Three times a miracle, by Yamilet Mantecon
- A Tweed Coat, by Olivia Solomon
- His Angel or Mine, by sandra Reyna
- Two Angels, by kenneth briganti
- Last chance, by Kyle Gilmore
- Saving angel, by Helena del Pino
- Mom's Passing Gift, by Vicky Zuwala
Saint Feast Days by Month
St. Catherine of Siena was born during the outbreak of the plague in Siena, Italy on March 25, 1347. She was the 25th child born to her mother, although half of her brothers and sisters did not ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Saints Joaquin (sometimes spelled "Joachim," pronounced "wal-keem") and Anne, are the parents of the Virgin Mary. There are no mentions of them in the Bible or Gospels, what we know comes from Catholic legend and the Gospel of James, which is an unsanctioned, ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
In the year 1400, a young man came to the door of the largest hospital in Siena. A plague was raging through the city so horrible that as many as twenty people died each day just in the hospital alone. And many of the people who died were those who were needed to tend ... continue reading
By Deacon Keith Fournier
Father, raise up women like Catherine of Siena for this new missionary age of your Church. Women who are so in love with you, and so conformed to the Image of your Son, they can do for your Church in this hour, what she did in her own. Saints are a gift for the ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Pope Francis arrives in Egypt with powerful message HD Video
- St. Pius V, Pope: Saint of the Day for Sunday, April 30, 2017
- Catherine of Siena: We Need Saints for this Missionary Age
- Catherine of Siena: We Need Saints for this Missionary Age
- Daily Readings for Sunday, April 30, 2017
- Deacon Keith Fournier: Road to Emmaus - Jesus Walks with Us on the ...
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, May 2nd, 2017 HD Video
- st paul
- pictures of saints
- john the baptist
- saint anne
- hail holy queen
- saint elizabeth
- saint paul
- saint christopher
- st mary
- nicene creed
- our lady of guadalupe
- saint francis of assisi
- young children
- Saint Nicole
- st. michael
- Daily Reading for Monday, May 1st, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, April 30th, 2017 HD
- Day 9 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
- Day 8 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.