Garrett's Angels - Angel Stories
By: Donna Benedict
Location: Scammon KS USA
We were to have this wonderful blessing in our lives.
We had a baby that was due June 12. We knew he was to be a boy of course with all the technology of today, how could we not know.
The technology of today did falter one slight bit, only because during the routine sonogram, his heart was not totally visible but yes of course there was the four chambers of the heart. And in the womb was functioning properly.
In April, "my water broke". I was taken by ambulance to the nearest hospital that had a NICU. Knowing we were going to have a child that was to be terribly early. About 11 weeks.
He was going to need special care.
By God's grace I was able to carry him until the 31st week. Only 9 weeks early. He weighed 4 lbs. 8 oz. a wonderful size for a preemie. He was doing wonderful, breating on his own.
I was able to hold him one time.
Disaster hit. 24 hours after he was born, that little heart had a problem. It is officially called hypo-plastic left heart syndrome. Which is a fancy word for saying that the entire left side of his heart did not develop. Yes, there were four chambers, but the left side was so small that it did not function at all.
He was rushed to a more intensive NICU that where he was born.
I would have left even if they had not properly dismissed me.
I called our parish priest, he did of course make the 2 1/2 hr journey at the sound of our voice. We prayed, he was baptized, we prayed more.
The next day the doctor basically told us that there was no hope. He had no body functions whatsoever.
Again, at the drop of the hat, I called our priest and he came.
As we turned off the life support, the nurse pulled the curtain around us and and at that moment I felt the wings of angels encircling us. It was as if they were there helping us through the most difficult time of our lives.
Then, Father said the most wonderful thing. He said, "Wow, I am witnessing the most wonderful thing on this earth." At first I didn't know what he was meaning, then he continued, "Can you imagine going from the safest place in this world, Your Mother's arms, to the safest place there is? God's arms???"
At that moment I understood. I know that Garrett's angels were there to comfort me and my family.,br>
Even though we only had him 3 days, I know he is now that saint in heaven that will be there waiting for me to come to him again, and be in the arms of God with him.
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 251 - 300 of 328
- The Ring of the Telephone, by Ellen Nipper
- Needed Help, by Ralph M
- Guardian Angel, by Maria
- When we think no one else , by Nancy Sonier
- no title, by Rene Schneider
- Long lost uncle, by Nicolette Karczewski
- God's Answer, by Ashley Nicole
- Saved by my Guardian Angel, by Diana
- My brother, by guadalupe guzman
- My Guardian Angels, by Angela Corcoran
- Protection from an Assailant, by Jill Winther
- our angels, by Kellie purser
- My babyboy Angel, by Yessenia Rivera
- An Angel Awakened Me, by Vonnie Deak
- Storm, by Chole
- The Feather Duster, by Lee Zelhart
- no title, by Anna G
- Gina, by Margaret Quigley
- My short moment of Peace, by Tiffany Lequerique
- Dabar the angel of the Lord, by Anne Smith
- An Answer to Cheer Me, by Christine Chiomento
- Wings of love, by Mike Fisher
- Life Saving Encounter, by Patricia White
- Great Grandfather, by Michael Casey
- I'll Always Love You, I'll Never Leave You, by Elva Herrera
- We Were Both Ready, by Sophie
- Supportive Hug, by Debbie Schmidtke
- slow down, by virgen valentin
- marine angel, by Luis Trevino
- MY MOM, by MARIBEL GONZALEZ
- Angel encounter, by Stephanie Fulton
- My salvation, by Michael yacques
- Army of Angels, by Roselia Nevarez
- A Healing Hand, by Dave Ludwick
- Watching over me, by Dick Baker
- Messages from Angels, by Marie Sanchez
- no title, by Maria
- Garrett's Angels, by Donna Benedict
- BELIEVE, by JESSICA CUEVAS
- The Voice, by Camilla O'Brien
- My husbands angel, by annabelle reiger
- Saved by an Angel, by John Wagner
- My Guardian Angel, by Brooke Yessa
- Three times a miracle, by Yamilet Mantecon
- A Tweed Coat, by Olivia Solomon
- His Angel or Mine, by sandra Reyna
- Two Angels, by kenneth briganti
- Last chance, by Kyle Gilmore
- Saving angel, by Helena del Pino
- Mom's Passing Gift, by Vicky Zuwala
Saint Feast Days by Month
Franciscan Capuchin martyr. He was born Mark Rey is Sigmaringen, Germany, in 1577. A practicing lawyer, he traveled across Europe as a tutor to aristocrats but then started defending the poor. In ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Generations of Catholics have admired this young saint, called her the "Little Flower", and found in her short life more inspiration for their own lives than in volumes by theologians. Yet Therese died when she was 24, after having lived as cloistered Carmelite ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Cecilia Yu So-sa was born in Seoul, , in 1761. Cecilia was a married woman, her children were the Saints Hasang Paul Chong and Jung Hye. When Cecilia was widowed, she was deprived of all her possessions and imprisoned because of her Christian faith. Twelve times she ... continue reading
When the father of this Italian saint died, his good mother brought up her twelve children well, even though they were very poor. "Oh, if I could only have the joy of seeing one of you become a saint!" she use to say. Once when she asked as usual, "which one of you is ... continue reading
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
The most kids know of St. Patrick 's Day is that you must wear green or you'll get a pinch from your friends. Adults see the day as an occasion to celebrate, sometimes with green beer and other assorted alcoholic beverages. However, few really know what they are ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
More Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- A message to Kim Kardashian: the Virgin Mary asks this ONE THING of you
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, April 25, 2017
- Egypt tightens security in wake of papal visit - Will it be enough?
- France's Presidential Runoff: Another choice between a nationalist ...
- Why Google, YouTube, Facebook and others need to be broken up -- or ...
- Day 3 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD Video
- St. Mark: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, April 25, 2017
- Day 3 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
- Day 2 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
- Day 1 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, April 25th, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.