Garrett's Angels - Angel Stories
By: Donna Benedict
Location: Scammon KS USA
We were to have this wonderful blessing in our lives.
We had a baby that was due June 12. We knew he was to be a boy of course with all the technology of today, how could we not know.
The technology of today did falter one slight bit, only because during the routine sonogram, his heart was not totally visible but yes of course there was the four chambers of the heart. And in the womb was functioning properly.
In April, "my water broke". I was taken by ambulance to the nearest hospital that had a NICU. Knowing we were going to have a child that was to be terribly early. About 11 weeks.
He was going to need special care.
By God's grace I was able to carry him until the 31st week. Only 9 weeks early. He weighed 4 lbs. 8 oz. a wonderful size for a preemie. He was doing wonderful, breating on his own.
I was able to hold him one time.
Disaster hit. 24 hours after he was born, that little heart had a problem. It is officially called hypo-plastic left heart syndrome. Which is a fancy word for saying that the entire left side of his heart did not develop. Yes, there were four chambers, but the left side was so small that it did not function at all.
He was rushed to a more intensive NICU that where he was born.
I would have left even if they had not properly dismissed me.
I called our parish priest, he did of course make the 2 1/2 hr journey at the sound of our voice. We prayed, he was baptized, we prayed more.
The next day the doctor basically told us that there was no hope. He had no body functions whatsoever.
Again, at the drop of the hat, I called our priest and he came.
As we turned off the life support, the nurse pulled the curtain around us and and at that moment I felt the wings of angels encircling us. It was as if they were there helping us through the most difficult time of our lives.
Then, Father said the most wonderful thing. He said, "Wow, I am witnessing the most wonderful thing on this earth." At first I didn't know what he was meaning, then he continued, "Can you imagine going from the safest place in this world, Your Mother's arms, to the safest place there is? God's arms???"
At that moment I understood. I know that Garrett's angels were there to comfort me and my family.,br>
Even though we only had him 3 days, I know he is now that saint in heaven that will be there waiting for me to come to him again, and be in the arms of God with him.
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 251 - 300 of 328
- The Ring of the Telephone, by Ellen Nipper
- Needed Help, by Ralph M
- Guardian Angel, by Maria
- When we think no one else , by Nancy Sonier
- no title, by Rene Schneider
- Long lost uncle, by Nicolette Karczewski
- God's Answer, by Ashley Nicole
- Saved by my Guardian Angel, by Diana
- My brother, by guadalupe guzman
- My Guardian Angels, by Angela Corcoran
- Protection from an Assailant, by Jill Winther
- our angels, by Kellie purser
- My babyboy Angel, by Yessenia Rivera
- An Angel Awakened Me, by Vonnie Deak
- Storm, by Chole
- The Feather Duster, by Lee Zelhart
- no title, by Anna G
- Gina, by Margaret Quigley
- My short moment of Peace, by Tiffany Lequerique
- Dabar the angel of the Lord, by Anne Smith
- An Answer to Cheer Me, by Christine Chiomento
- Wings of love, by Mike Fisher
- Life Saving Encounter, by Patricia White
- Great Grandfather, by Michael Casey
- I'll Always Love You, I'll Never Leave You, by Elva Herrera
- We Were Both Ready, by Sophie
- Supportive Hug, by Debbie Schmidtke
- slow down, by virgen valentin
- marine angel, by Luis Trevino
- MY MOM, by MARIBEL GONZALEZ
- Angel encounter, by Stephanie Fulton
- My salvation, by Michael yacques
- Army of Angels, by Roselia Nevarez
- A Healing Hand, by Dave Ludwick
- Watching over me, by Dick Baker
- Messages from Angels, by Marie Sanchez
- no title, by Maria
- Garrett's Angels, by Donna Benedict
- BELIEVE, by JESSICA CUEVAS
- The Voice, by Camilla O'Brien
- My husbands angel, by annabelle reiger
- Saved by an Angel, by John Wagner
- My Guardian Angel, by Brooke Yessa
- Three times a miracle, by Yamilet Mantecon
- A Tweed Coat, by Olivia Solomon
- His Angel or Mine, by sandra Reyna
- Two Angels, by kenneth briganti
- Last chance, by Kyle Gilmore
- Saving angel, by Helena del Pino
- Mom's Passing Gift, by Vicky Zuwala
Saint Feast Days by Month
A group of forty-nine Christians slain in Chalcedon during the reign of Emperor Diocletian . Records indicate that the martyrs were members of the choir in the church of Chalcedon. continue readingMore Saint of the Day
St. Joan of Arc is the patroness of soldiers and of France. On January 6, 1412, Joan of Arc was born to pious parents of the French peasant class in the obscure village of Domremy, near the province of Lorraine. At a very early age, she was said to have heard the ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
This American saint was born in Bohemia in 1811. He was looking forward to being ordained in 1835 when the bishop decided there would be no more ordinations. It is difficult for us to imagine now, but Bohemia was overstocked with priests. John wrote to bishops all over ... continue reading
The Apostle of Andalusia and the spiritual advisor of St. Teresa, St. Francis Borgia, St. John of the Cross, St. Peter of Alcantara, and others. He was born on January 6, 1499, at Almodovar del Campo, Spain. After studying law at the University of Salamanca, he left ... continue reading
By Deacon Frederick Bartels
Why is the Assumption important? First, lets look at what this dogma is all about. On 1 November, 1950, Pope Pius XII issued the Apostolic Constitution Munificentissimus Deus in which he proclaimed the dogma of the Assumption: "Mary, the immaculate perpetually Virgin ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- North Korea threatens to test H-Bomb over Pacific
- Daily Reading for Monday, September 25th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Sunday, September 24, 2017
- At UN, the Vatican asks all nations to help in fight against human ...
- Martyrs of Chalcedon: Saint of the Day for Sunday, September 24, 2017
- It's time to regulate Facebook and other social media
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, September 26th, 2017 HD Video
- Woman photographs angel in flight, is it here to deliver a message? HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, September 24th, 2017 HD
- Hurricane Maria: The worst disaster for Puerto Rico HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, September 23rd, 2017 HD