Garrett's Angels - Angel Stories
By: Donna Benedict
Location: Scammon KS USA
We were to have this wonderful blessing in our lives.
We had a baby that was due June 12. We knew he was to be a boy of course with all the technology of today, how could we not know.
The technology of today did falter one slight bit, only because during the routine sonogram, his heart was not totally visible but yes of course there was the four chambers of the heart. And in the womb was functioning properly.
In April, "my water broke". I was taken by ambulance to the nearest hospital that had a NICU. Knowing we were going to have a child that was to be terribly early. About 11 weeks.
He was going to need special care.
By God's grace I was able to carry him until the 31st week. Only 9 weeks early. He weighed 4 lbs. 8 oz. a wonderful size for a preemie. He was doing wonderful, breating on his own.
I was able to hold him one time.
Disaster hit. 24 hours after he was born, that little heart had a problem. It is officially called hypo-plastic left heart syndrome. Which is a fancy word for saying that the entire left side of his heart did not develop. Yes, there were four chambers, but the left side was so small that it did not function at all.
He was rushed to a more intensive NICU that where he was born.
I would have left even if they had not properly dismissed me.
I called our parish priest, he did of course make the 2 1/2 hr journey at the sound of our voice. We prayed, he was baptized, we prayed more.
The next day the doctor basically told us that there was no hope. He had no body functions whatsoever.
Again, at the drop of the hat, I called our priest and he came.
As we turned off the life support, the nurse pulled the curtain around us and and at that moment I felt the wings of angels encircling us. It was as if they were there helping us through the most difficult time of our lives.
Then, Father said the most wonderful thing. He said, "Wow, I am witnessing the most wonderful thing on this earth." At first I didn't know what he was meaning, then he continued, "Can you imagine going from the safest place in this world, Your Mother's arms, to the safest place there is? God's arms???"
At that moment I understood. I know that Garrett's angels were there to comfort me and my family.,br>
Even though we only had him 3 days, I know he is now that saint in heaven that will be there waiting for me to come to him again, and be in the arms of God with him.
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 251 - 300 of 328
- The Ring of the Telephone, by Ellen Nipper
- Needed Help, by Ralph M
- Guardian Angel, by Maria
- When we think no one else , by Nancy Sonier
- no title, by Rene Schneider
- Long lost uncle, by Nicolette Karczewski
- God's Answer, by Ashley Nicole
- Saved by my Guardian Angel, by Diana
- My brother, by guadalupe guzman
- My Guardian Angels, by Angela Corcoran
- Protection from an Assailant, by Jill Winther
- our angels, by Kellie purser
- My babyboy Angel, by Yessenia Rivera
- An Angel Awakened Me, by Vonnie Deak
- Storm, by Chole
- The Feather Duster, by Lee Zelhart
- no title, by Anna G
- Gina, by Margaret Quigley
- My short moment of Peace, by Tiffany Lequerique
- Dabar the angel of the Lord, by Anne Smith
- An Answer to Cheer Me, by Christine Chiomento
- Wings of love, by Mike Fisher
- Life Saving Encounter, by Patricia White
- Great Grandfather, by Michael Casey
- I'll Always Love You, I'll Never Leave You, by Elva Herrera
- We Were Both Ready, by Sophie
- Supportive Hug, by Debbie Schmidtke
- slow down, by virgen valentin
- marine angel, by Luis Trevino
- MY MOM, by MARIBEL GONZALEZ
- Angel encounter, by Stephanie Fulton
- My salvation, by Michael yacques
- Army of Angels, by Roselia Nevarez
- A Healing Hand, by Dave Ludwick
- Watching over me, by Dick Baker
- Messages from Angels, by Marie Sanchez
- no title, by Maria
- Garrett's Angels, by Donna Benedict
- BELIEVE, by JESSICA CUEVAS
- The Voice, by Camilla O'Brien
- My husbands angel, by annabelle reiger
- Saved by an Angel, by John Wagner
- My Guardian Angel, by Brooke Yessa
- Three times a miracle, by Yamilet Mantecon
- A Tweed Coat, by Olivia Solomon
- His Angel or Mine, by sandra Reyna
- Two Angels, by kenneth briganti
- Last chance, by Kyle Gilmore
- Saving angel, by Helena del Pino
- Mom's Passing Gift, by Vicky Zuwala
Saint Feast Days by Month
Martyr of England. She was born Margaret Plantagenet, the niece of Edward IV and Richard III. She married Sir Reginald Pole about 1491 and bore five sons, including Reginald Cardinal Pole. Margaret ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
St. Elizabeth of Hungary, also known as St. Elizabeth of Thuringia, was born in Hungary on July 7, 1207 to the Hungarian King Andrew II and Gertrude of Merania. As soon as her life began, she had responsibilities from being a royal pressed upon her. While Elizabeth ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
John Baptist de la Salle was born at Rheims, France on April 30th. He was the eldest of ten children in a noble family. He studied in Paris and was ordained in 1678. He was known for his work with the poor. He died at St. Yon, Rouen, on April 7th. He was canonized by ... continue reading
Born in Spain in 1542, John learned the importance of self-sacrificing love from his parents. His father gave up wealth, status, and comfort when he married a weaver's daughter and was disowned by his noble family. After his father died, his mother kept the destitute ... continue reading
By Deacon Keith Fournier
Father, raise up women like Catherine of Siena for this new missionary age of your Church. Women who are so in love with you, and so conformed to the Image of your Son, they can do for your Church in this hour, what she did in her own. Saints are a gift for the ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Jesus Is HERE: Pope Francis declares Jesus intercedes for us every day
- Getting Creative With Dead Bodies?
- US Archbishop decries President Trump's budget plan - at odds with ...
- St. Maximinus of Trier: Saint of the Day for Monday, May 29, 2017
- Daily Readings for Monday, May 29, 2017
- 26 Coptic Christians dead after heinous attack HD Video
- A Big Thank You from JESUS IS - The Series HD Video
- Day 5 - Novena to the Holy Spirit for a New Pentecost for the Church HD
- Day 4 - Novena to the Holy Spirit for a New Pentecost for the Church HD
- Day 3 - Novena to the Holy Spirit for a New Pentecost for the Church HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, May 31st, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.