Mom's Passing Gift - Angel Stories
By: Vicky Zuwala
Location: Otisville MI USA
I was always tagging along with my mom when she would go shopping or visiting with friends and family. I remained close to her, calling her and most times seeing her everyday. Even after I had my children, a girl and boy, and my own home I spent a lot of time with Mom.
My daughter also became very close with my mom. Everyone could tell that Chrissy was the apple of my mom's eye. They had a special connection.
In October of 1991, Mom was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer and went downhill very quickly. I would go fix her dinner and keep her company, doing many of the things she used to do. I just could not phathom that this strong young woman of 51 could die and leave me. I guess that was the biggest feeling I had. She was leaving me.
She made it past Christmas and into March. About a week before my daughter's birthday, Mom went into the hospital to die. She held on as we said Rosaries and she laughed about the leprachaun she saw sitting on the end of her bed. She slipped into a morphine coma and they said she would probably die that day, the day of my daughter's birthday.
I just couldn't have Chrissy's birthday shadowed by that. I didn't want her to remember her birthday as the day her grandma passed away. So I sent her with her dad to see a Brian Adams concert. All that day Mom would start slipping away to only grab on tight and stay alive.
There was a gurgling in her throat that sounded like a song, very continuous and melodic. I have not found that tune yet. I am still looking. But the one thing that did stick out is the unmistakable sound of her calling my daughter's name. By morning, I knew I had to bring my daughter back in to see her.
Just a few minutes after Chrissy arrived and spent time with her, Mom passed breathing out her last spirit freeing breath. I took my kids into the waiting room while they were crying and started to tell them that Grandma was going to go to heaven.
I didn't even get the words out completely when I feel this whoosh inside me like something had just rushed through me and I heard what was a much higher pitch of my mom's voice saying to me, Vicky I am already there! and then she fleeted out of me and around the room in a big swish of opalescent comet like light. I felt the most urgent and sad desire to follow her.
That is the first time I had felt just my soul. She gave me that gift, to see with something other than my physical senses. She gave me the knowledge that what I believed in was true. The story isn't done.
Chrissy was 13 then. When she was 18, she got pregnant. Of course, she was due in early March. But the baby wouldn't come. My daughter went into labor on her birthday to have my grandson the next day, the date my mom passed at almost the same time. Mom was very precious to us and we were given someone else very precious.
This past Tuesday, my daughter gave birth to another son, her third child. He was supposed to be born on December 16, my mom's birthday. Instead he was born on the 13th and will come home tomorrow on mom's birthday.
Happy Birthday Mom. :) I truly believe we are all connected and love follows us. Thank you Mom for my gifts.
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 251 - 300 of 328
- The Ring of the Telephone, by Ellen Nipper
- Needed Help, by Ralph M
- Guardian Angel, by Maria
- When we think no one else , by Nancy Sonier
- no title, by Rene Schneider
- Long lost uncle, by Nicolette Karczewski
- God's Answer, by Ashley Nicole
- Saved by my Guardian Angel, by Diana
- My brother, by guadalupe guzman
- My Guardian Angels, by Angela Corcoran
- Protection from an Assailant, by Jill Winther
- our angels, by Kellie purser
- My babyboy Angel, by Yessenia Rivera
- An Angel Awakened Me, by Vonnie Deak
- Storm, by Chole
- The Feather Duster, by Lee Zelhart
- no title, by Anna G
- Gina, by Margaret Quigley
- My short moment of Peace, by Tiffany Lequerique
- Dabar the angel of the Lord, by Anne Smith
- An Answer to Cheer Me, by Christine Chiomento
- Wings of love, by Mike Fisher
- Life Saving Encounter, by Patricia White
- Great Grandfather, by Michael Casey
- I'll Always Love You, I'll Never Leave You, by Elva Herrera
- We Were Both Ready, by Sophie
- Supportive Hug, by Debbie Schmidtke
- slow down, by virgen valentin
- marine angel, by Luis Trevino
- MY MOM, by MARIBEL GONZALEZ
- Angel encounter, by Stephanie Fulton
- My salvation, by Michael yacques
- Army of Angels, by Roselia Nevarez
- A Healing Hand, by Dave Ludwick
- Watching over me, by Dick Baker
- Messages from Angels, by Marie Sanchez
- no title, by Maria
- Garrett's Angels, by Donna Benedict
- BELIEVE, by JESSICA CUEVAS
- The Voice, by Camilla O'Brien
- My husbands angel, by annabelle reiger
- Saved by an Angel, by John Wagner
- My Guardian Angel, by Brooke Yessa
- Three times a miracle, by Yamilet Mantecon
- A Tweed Coat, by Olivia Solomon
- His Angel or Mine, by sandra Reyna
- Two Angels, by kenneth briganti
- Last chance, by Kyle Gilmore
- Saving angel, by Helena del Pino
- Mom's Passing Gift, by Vicky Zuwala
Saint Feast Days by Month
Olympias born into a wealthy noble Constantinople family. She was orphaned when a child and was given over to the care of Theodosia by her uncle, the prefect Procopius. She married Nebridius, also a ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska of the Blessed Sacrament was born as Helena Kowalska, in Glogowiec, Leczyca County, north-west of Lódz in Poland on August 25, 1905. She was the third of 10 children to a poor and religious family. Faustina first felt a calling to the ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Pope Saint Gregory I, also known as the Great, was the Pope of the Catholic Church between 590 and 604 AD. Gregory was born around 540 in Rome. The exact date of his birth is unknown. Although the Western Roman Empire had collapsed long before his birth, many ancient ... continue reading
By CNA News
Scientists at a university in Liverpool have unveiled what they say is the most realistic portrait ever created of St. Nicholas of Myra, the popular 4th century bishop best known as the inspiration for the modern-day figure of Santa Claus. Liverpool, England (CNA) - ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
More Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Steps on how to be a good journalist from Pope Francis
- Four priests martyred for powerful reasons
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, December 19th, 2017 HD Video
- Commission recommends Church end priestly celibacy and confession to ...
- St. Rufus: Saint of the Day for Monday, December 18, 2017
- REJOICE! Gaudete Sunday Calls us to Live as Joyful Christians in All ...
- Daily Readings for Monday, December 18, 2017
- Daily Reading for Monday, December 18th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, December 17th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, December 16th, 2017 HD
- The Net Neutrality Scam: Get ready to pay a lot more for a lot less HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way