God's Will - Angel Stories
By: Jennifer Martin
Location: Stockton CA USA
About a year ago, my mother was going through an extremely difficult time. She is disabled and caring for a 1 year old baby. She had difficulty walking and breathing. On July 1, 2005 my mother was admitted to the hospital with an infection in her leg. Since she is diabetic, they responded quickly and put her on IV antibiotics.
The following day, I flew in to care for the infant, my nephew. She was released from the hospital into a skilled nursing facility. About a week later, she had a cardiac arrest because of a drug overdose in the facility. She was rushed to the hospital and was revived.
After this event, she was released once again into another skilled nursing facility.
I remember her asking me to come and stay with her. She felt that "something wasn't right." She wasn't breathing well and the nurses wouldn't have a doctor look at her. She requested that I be there because she was afraid of "going unconscious." I remember that I came immediately and tried to make her comfortable. However, she just couldn't get comfortable. I ended up calling a close friend to come in and wait while I go pick up the baby from the daycare. As soon as she arrived, I told my mother that I was going to leave briefly to pick up the baby. As I told her this, she just stopped breathing.
I ran into the hallway trying to get the attention of a nurse and no one would respond. I became frantic and finally someone came. As I stood back and watched this nurse do CPR, I began to pray. I prayed for her guardian angel and I prayed to Mary. As the minutes passed and she turned colorless for lack of oxygen, I came to terms with the situation. I realized that if it was God's will and her time to go, then she may not live.
By this time, a gentleman walked in saying that he was a doctor but didn't practice at this facility. He asked if he could revive her, and I replied yes. Nearly six minutes had passed. And as most know, the brain cannot survive without oxygen for too long.
At this time, I began to pray aloud. The paramedics then arrived and took over. However the "doctor" seemed to vanish. No one knew who he was, no one saw where he went. At the time, I was aware of everything going on. I could tell you how many paramedics there were, how many nurses, and a physical therapist watching from outside. The doctor just disappeared.
After about 8 minutes without oxygen, I was told that my mother was holding onto the side rails of the gurny.
This has been the longest year of my life and no doubt, her life too. Not only has my mother survived 4 cardiac arrests and one respitory arrest, she is living at home.
There is no question in my mind that her guardian angel is watching over her and appeared that day in the hospital. This is God's will.
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 251 - 300 of 328
- The Ring of the Telephone, by Ellen Nipper
- Needed Help, by Ralph M
- Guardian Angel, by Maria
- When we think no one else , by Nancy Sonier
- no title, by Rene Schneider
- Long lost uncle, by Nicolette Karczewski
- God's Answer, by Ashley Nicole
- Saved by my Guardian Angel, by Diana
- My brother, by guadalupe guzman
- My Guardian Angels, by Angela Corcoran
- Protection from an Assailant, by Jill Winther
- our angels, by Kellie purser
- My babyboy Angel, by Yessenia Rivera
- An Angel Awakened Me, by Vonnie Deak
- Storm, by Chole
- The Feather Duster, by Lee Zelhart
- no title, by Anna G
- Gina, by Margaret Quigley
- My short moment of Peace, by Tiffany Lequerique
- Dabar the angel of the Lord, by Anne Smith
- An Answer to Cheer Me, by Christine Chiomento
- Wings of love, by Mike Fisher
- Life Saving Encounter, by Patricia White
- Great Grandfather, by Michael Casey
- I'll Always Love You, I'll Never Leave You, by Elva Herrera
- We Were Both Ready, by Sophie
- Supportive Hug, by Debbie Schmidtke
- slow down, by virgen valentin
- marine angel, by Luis Trevino
- MY MOM, by MARIBEL GONZALEZ
- Angel encounter, by Stephanie Fulton
- My salvation, by Michael yacques
- Army of Angels, by Roselia Nevarez
- A Healing Hand, by Dave Ludwick
- Watching over me, by Dick Baker
- Messages from Angels, by Marie Sanchez
- no title, by Maria
- Garrett's Angels, by Donna Benedict
- BELIEVE, by JESSICA CUEVAS
- The Voice, by Camilla O'Brien
- My husbands angel, by annabelle reiger
- Saved by an Angel, by John Wagner
- My Guardian Angel, by Brooke Yessa
- Three times a miracle, by Yamilet Mantecon
- A Tweed Coat, by Olivia Solomon
- His Angel or Mine, by sandra Reyna
- Two Angels, by kenneth briganti
- Last chance, by Kyle Gilmore
- Saving angel, by Helena del Pino
- Mom's Passing Gift, by Vicky Zuwala
Saint Feast Days by Month
It would be easy to concentrate on the mystical experiences God gave this saint, rather than on her life. In fact, it would be difficult to do differently, so overwhelming were those gifts from God. ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Empress mother of Constantine the Great. She was a native of Bithynia, who married the then Roman general Constantius I Chlorus about 270. Constantine was born soon after, and in 293, Constantius was made Caesar, or junior emperor. He divorced Helena to marry co ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Bruno was born in Cologne of the prominent Hartenfaust family. He studied at the Cathedral school at Rheims, and on his return to Cologne about 1055, was ordained and became a Canon at St. Cunibert's. He returned to Rheims in 1056 as professor of theology, became head ... continue reading
By Deacon Keith Fournier
Father, raise up women like Catherine of Siena for this new missionary age of your Church. Women who are so in love with you, and so conformed to the Image of your Son, they can do for your Church in this hour, what she did in her own. Saints are a gift for the ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- 'Miracle Workers': Owen Wilson and Daniel Radcliffe star as God and ...
- Manchester Bishop speaks out on horrific terrorist attack during ...
- Pope Francis and Donald Trump have monumental first meeting HD Video
- Understanding the Feast of the Ascension as the Portal to Eternity
- Daily Reading for Friday, May 26th, 2017 HD Video
- St. Mary Magdalene de Pazzi: Saint of the Day for Thursday, May 25, 2017
- Daily Readings for Thursday, May 25, 2017
- Daily Reading for Thursday, May 25th, 2017 HD
- Bomb explodes during Ariana Grande concert full of young fans HD
- St. John Baptist de Rossi HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, May 24th, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.