God's Will - Angel Stories
By: Jennifer Martin
Location: Stockton CA USA
About a year ago, my mother was going through an extremely difficult time. She is disabled and caring for a 1 year old baby. She had difficulty walking and breathing. On July 1, 2005 my mother was admitted to the hospital with an infection in her leg. Since she is diabetic, they responded quickly and put her on IV antibiotics.
The following day, I flew in to care for the infant, my nephew. She was released from the hospital into a skilled nursing facility. About a week later, she had a cardiac arrest because of a drug overdose in the facility. She was rushed to the hospital and was revived.
After this event, she was released once again into another skilled nursing facility.
I remember her asking me to come and stay with her. She felt that "something wasn't right." She wasn't breathing well and the nurses wouldn't have a doctor look at her. She requested that I be there because she was afraid of "going unconscious." I remember that I came immediately and tried to make her comfortable. However, she just couldn't get comfortable. I ended up calling a close friend to come in and wait while I go pick up the baby from the daycare. As soon as she arrived, I told my mother that I was going to leave briefly to pick up the baby. As I told her this, she just stopped breathing.
I ran into the hallway trying to get the attention of a nurse and no one would respond. I became frantic and finally someone came. As I stood back and watched this nurse do CPR, I began to pray. I prayed for her guardian angel and I prayed to Mary. As the minutes passed and she turned colorless for lack of oxygen, I came to terms with the situation. I realized that if it was God's will and her time to go, then she may not live.
By this time, a gentleman walked in saying that he was a doctor but didn't practice at this facility. He asked if he could revive her, and I replied yes. Nearly six minutes had passed. And as most know, the brain cannot survive without oxygen for too long.
At this time, I began to pray aloud. The paramedics then arrived and took over. However the "doctor" seemed to vanish. No one knew who he was, no one saw where he went. At the time, I was aware of everything going on. I could tell you how many paramedics there were, how many nurses, and a physical therapist watching from outside. The doctor just disappeared.
After about 8 minutes without oxygen, I was told that my mother was holding onto the side rails of the gurny.
This has been the longest year of my life and no doubt, her life too. Not only has my mother survived 4 cardiac arrests and one respitory arrest, she is living at home.
There is no question in my mind that her guardian angel is watching over her and appeared that day in the hospital. This is God's will.
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 251 - 300 of 329
- I FEEL A VERY NICE AND STRONG PERFUME FOR SOME SECONDS, by Stella Nkhonya
- The Ring of the Telephone, by Ellen Nipper
- Needed Help, by Ralph M
- Guardian Angel, by Maria
- When we think no one else , by Nancy Sonier
- no title, by Rene Schneider
- Long lost uncle, by Nicolette Karczewski
- God's Answer, by Ashley Nicole
- Saved by my Guardian Angel, by Diana
- My brother, by guadalupe guzman
- My Guardian Angels, by Angela Corcoran
- Protection from an Assailant, by Jill Winther
- our angels, by Kellie purser
- My babyboy Angel, by Yessenia Rivera
- An Angel Awakened Me, by Vonnie Deak
- Storm, by Chole
- The Feather Duster, by Lee Zelhart
- no title, by Anna G
- Gina, by Margaret Quigley
- My short moment of Peace, by Tiffany Lequerique
- Dabar the angel of the Lord, by Anne Smith
- An Answer to Cheer Me, by Christine Chiomento
- Wings of love, by Mike Fisher
- Life Saving Encounter, by Patricia White
- Great Grandfather, by Michael Casey
- I'll Always Love You, I'll Never Leave You, by Elva Herrera
- We Were Both Ready, by Sophie
- Supportive Hug, by Debbie Schmidtke
- slow down, by virgen valentin
- marine angel, by Luis Trevino
- MY MOM, by MARIBEL GONZALEZ
- Angel encounter, by Stephanie Fulton
- My salvation, by Michael yacques
- Army of Angels, by Roselia Nevarez
- A Healing Hand, by Dave Ludwick
- Watching over me, by Dick Baker
- Messages from Angels, by Marie Sanchez
- no title, by Maria
- Garrett's Angels, by Donna Benedict
- BELIEVE, by JESSICA CUEVAS
- The Voice, by Camilla O'Brien
- My husbands angel, by annabelle reiger
- Saved by an Angel, by John Wagner
- My Guardian Angel, by Brooke Yessa
- Three times a miracle, by Yamilet Mantecon
- A Tweed Coat, by Olivia Solomon
- His Angel or Mine, by sandra Reyna
- Two Angels, by kenneth briganti
- Last chance, by Kyle Gilmore
- Saving angel, by Helena del Pino
Saint Feast Days by Month
Considered by some historians to be the founder of the Carmelite Order. He was born in Limoges, France, and proved a brilliant student at the University of Paris. Ordained a priest, Berthold joined ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
St. Clare of Assisi was born in Assisi on July 16, 1194, as Chiara Offreduccio, the beautiful eldest daughter of Favorino Sciffi, Count of Sasso-Rosso and his wife Ortolana. Tradition says her father was a wealthy representative of an ancient Roman family and her ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Lucy's history has been lost and all we really know for certain is that this brave woman who lived in Syracuse lost her life during the persecution of Christians in the early fourth century. Her veneration spread to Rome so that by the sixth century the whole Church ... continue reading
So often we hear people or even ourselves excuse an action by saying "I was only following orders." But for Nereus and Achilleus this excuse could not stand in the face of the cross. Everything we know from authority about the two first- century martyrs comes from ... continue reading
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
The most kids know of St. Patrick 's Day is that you must wear green or you'll get a pinch from your friends. Adults see the day as an occasion to celebrate, sometimes with green beer and other assorted alcoholic beverages. However, few really know what they are ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
More Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Hope for the injured? Implant allows paralyzed man to move arm using ...
- Seven Deadly Sins: Envy
- Daily Reading for Thursday, March 30th, 2017 HD Video
- 'Living Lent': Wednesday of the Fourth Week of Lent - Day 29
- St. Berthold: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, March 29, 2017
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, March 29, 2017
- Cause of California's drought is revealed HD Video
- Pope Francis' important message for children HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, March 29th, 2017 HD
- Supermassive black hole discovered surfing gravitational wave HD
- Catholic Archdiocese of Mexico calls out 'traitor' Mexicans HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.