The Feather Duster - Angel Stories
By: Lee Zelhart
Location: Salem IL USA
After having driven my first car, a Valient, for several year, my wife and I were expecting our first child. My parents talked us into buying my grandparents Duster, more particularly a Feather Duster, as my grandfather no longer was able to drive. The car had been setting in their garage for a year.
Well, we bought the car and were having trouble with it because, as we later found out, the carberator had gone bad while the car was not being driven. We would sometimes have to call to have someone help get the car started. Not good when you have doctors appointments to get to.
Anyway, since I wanted to go in with my wife we were told we would have to take birthing classes, but where I worked at the time, a magazine bindery, it was hard to get time off for that and the only way to take the class would have to be a one day class on a Sunday. The hospital we would be going to had those on occassion.
I called about the class and was told they didn't plan any classes soon. Then a few days later we got a call they were having a class on the next Sunday and had an openning for one more couple, would we be interested?
We got to the hospital that Sunday and went through the class. Outside I tried to start the car and couldn't get it started. I thought we were in trouble as there were no service places in our area open on Sunday evenings.
Just then someone in a white hospital uniform drove up and pulled into the only space which was beside us. The man got out and said it looked like we were having car trouble. He got out a set of jumper cables and hooked our car up and helped get the car started. Then he drove off.
Neither my wife, nor I saw a name on his name tag and we didn't see where he'd gone. When we got home I called the hospital and asked the nurse to thank whoever it was, but when I described the man she told me they didn't have anyone who matched that description there. I and my wife always afterwards thought it must have been a guardian angel.
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 201 - 250 of 328
- Car Trouble and Angels to Assist, by Suzie
- the bird encounter, by Connor Pierce
- Ball of Light, by A Smith
- My Mom's Nurse, by Linda Driskill
- Don't See and Believe, by Billy Cokit
- An angel heard my prayer, by Maria Cabral
- TIMOTHY, by RICHARD BURDITT JR
- My life was saved, by Amanda Theobald
- Angel Power, by Shirley Abuel
- Angel outside the Parish, by Abram Toa
- You Should Watch, by Christian Duguay
- How an angel saved my daughter, by Patricia Ten Eyck
- I am okay now, by Jessica Edwards
- An angel saved my life, by Vincent Parise
- They came to take him home, by Elizabeth Conner-Ster
- Driving with angels..., by Lori Leissner
- Angel with A White Beard, by Sam Ramirez
- Angel in Waiting, by Mike Seddon
- My angel brought me home, by Nena Sunico
- Thank you, by Julie Power
- Saved from ferocious dogs, by Roger Hayes
- Angel Abby, by Billy Fisher
- visit from an angel, by holly mora
- Saved from emotional hell, by Paul
- A Tall White Angel, by Noelia R. Cambero
- There is no doubt Angels are real, by sheree davenport
- The Power of the Rosary, by Rosalie Francaviglia
- World Trade Center Angels, by Roxanne Cintron
- Elaines Angles, by Margaret Graham
- An Angelic Appearence , by Sunaira Barkat
- Touched By An Angel, by Debra Sueper
- We are never alone, by Bonnie Franklin
- The faith of my Grandmother, by Daphne Hebert
- Angel of comfort, by Arlene Hiles
- I did not think of God at all until I saw my granddaddy, by lindsey stewart
- touched by an angel, by Tina Willis
- Watching My Back, by Amanda Joiner
- MOTHER'S ENCOUNTER WITH ANGELS, by MARIBEL GONZALEZ
- Thoughts of My Angel!, by Marsha Neuschwanter
- Guardian Angel, by Michael Gomez
- My Aunt's Prayer, by valerie coranado
- Angel Mechanic, by Christine Clarke
- Angel at Bedtime, by Renee Woznesensky
- Erin, by Leigh Boyles
- The cook , by Robert Clements
- Long Hair, by Crystal Denney
- It's Mother Calling, by John Nichols
- Treasure our gifts, by Kim J.
- aNgeL sEnT bY God, by Ellaine Manansala
- I FEEL A VERY NICE AND STRONG PERFUME FOR SOME SECONDS, by Stella Nkhonya
Saint Feast Days by Month
Carthusian monk and bishop, defender of papal authority. Anthelm was born in 1107 in a castle near Chambery, in Savoy, France. He was ordained a priest and visited the Carthusian Charterhouse at ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
St. Elizabeth of Hungary, also known as St. Elizabeth of Thuringia, was born in Hungary on July 7, 1207 to the Hungarian King Andrew II and Gertrude of Merania. As soon as her life began, she had responsibilities from being a royal pressed upon her. While Elizabeth ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
St. Augustine of Hippo is the patron of brewers because of his conversion from a former life of loose living, which included parties, entertainment, and worldly ambitions. His complete turnaround and conversion has been an inspiration to many who struggle with a ... continue reading
By Deacon Keith Fournier
Father, raise up women like Catherine of Siena for this new missionary age of your Church. Women who are so in love with you, and so conformed to the Image of your Son, they can do for your Church in this hour, what she did in her own. Saints are a gift for the ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- How close is NASA to announcing if aliens exist? VERY CLOSE. Here's why
- St. Cyril of Alexandria: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, June 27, 2017
- Central bankers warn of looming global recession HD Video
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, June 27, 2017
- Supreme Court sides with church in playground case
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, June 28th, 2017 HD Video
- Is Atheism a religion?
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, June 27th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, June 26th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, June 25th, 2017 HD
- Pope Francis prepares an incredible gift of love and solidarity for South Sudan HD