An Answer to Cheer Me - Angel Stories
By: Christine Chiomento
Location: Deepwater New Jersey USA
I don't have just one incident in which I am positive that God sent at least one, or even more, of His angels to cheer me, or comfort me, or even to inform me--because, for reasons only known to our heavely Father, I have had several--each one may seem smallish in size, and significance, but are so big, filled with God's Love, to me. But, I will just recount one of them, here.
On the first occasion that I can ever remember even wondering about the identity of the person in question, it was my very last day of high school. I had been so painfully shy all through grade school, never dating in high school, and staying to myself most of the time. I knew most of the kids that I went all the way through high school with, yet I was just way too shy, and socially awkward, to even try and mingle--so, I went to school mainly because I had to, and so that I could eventually graduate, and get on with my life.
During that last afternoon of my 12th grade year, I was with lots of other girls, whom I knew, at least by sight, and we were all gathered around the mirror, in one of the girl's lavatories. We were all putting on lipstick, or combing our hair, while waiting for our buses to arrive. Most of the girls were chatting with one another--I just stood, fixing my hair, not saying anything, as usual.
Finally, all of the girls left, but one. And, I never really looked at her very much, since I realized that I had never seen her before. I just assumed she was a fairly new student, and that was why I didn't recognize her. Suddenly, just before she walked out the door, she turned to me, and said, out of the blue, "You know, alot of the boys liked you, and they would have asked you out on dates, but they didn't because they always thought you were stuck up."
I was so totally surprised at what she'd just said--especially considering that I could remember ever seeing her before in my life! But, she had just answered one of my very biggest, unspoken, heartfelt questions, as to why no boys in school had ever even seemed to know that I was alive. This stranger had just let me know why boys my age, had not asked me out, for those 4 whole years of high school!
To this day, I am still so very grateful to her, for telling me what she did. But, it took many years before I realized just Who must have sent her, that day, to tell me what I had so secretly longed to know!
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 201 - 250 of 329
- my angel was sent to save me, by Carlos Perez
- Car Trouble and Angels to Assist, by Suzie
- the bird encounter, by Connor Pierce
- Ball of Light, by A Smith
- My Mom's Nurse, by Linda Driskill
- Don't See and Believe, by Billy Cokit
- An angel heard my prayer, by Maria Cabral
- TIMOTHY, by RICHARD BURDITT JR
- My life was saved, by Amanda Theobald
- Angel Power, by Shirley Abuel
- Angel outside the Parish, by Abram Toa
- You Should Watch, by Christian Duguay
- How an angel saved my daughter, by Patricia Ten Eyck
- I am okay now, by Jessica Edwards
- An angel saved my life, by Vincent Parise
- They came to take him home, by Elizabeth Conner-Ster
- Driving with angels..., by Lori Leissner
- Angel with A White Beard, by Sam Ramirez
- Angel in Waiting, by Mike Seddon
- My angel brought me home, by Nena Sunico
- Thank you, by Julie Power
- Saved from ferocious dogs, by Roger Hayes
- Angel Abby, by Billy Fisher
- visit from an angel, by holly mora
- Saved from emotional hell, by Paul
- A Tall White Angel, by Noelia R. Cambero
- There is no doubt Angels are real, by sheree davenport
- The Power of the Rosary, by Rosalie Francaviglia
- World Trade Center Angels, by Roxanne Cintron
- Elaines Angles, by Margaret Graham
- An Angelic Appearence , by Sunaira Barkat
- Touched By An Angel, by Debra Sueper
- We are never alone, by Bonnie Franklin
- The faith of my Grandmother, by Daphne Hebert
- Angel of comfort, by Arlene Hiles
- I did not think of God at all until I saw my granddaddy, by lindsey stewart
- touched by an angel, by Tina Willis
- Watching My Back, by Amanda Joiner
- MOTHER'S ENCOUNTER WITH ANGELS, by MARIBEL GONZALEZ
- Thoughts of My Angel!, by Marsha Neuschwanter
- Guardian Angel, by Michael Gomez
- My Aunt's Prayer, by valerie coranado
- Angel Mechanic, by Christine Clarke
- Angel at Bedtime, by Renee Woznesensky
- Erin, by Leigh Boyles
- The cook , by Robert Clements
- Long Hair, by Crystal Denney
- It's Mother Calling, by John Nichols
- Treasure our gifts, by Kim J.
- aNgeL sEnT bY God, by Ellaine Manansala
Saint Feast Days by Month
Also Peter Regalado, Franciscan reformer. Peter was born at Valladolid, Spain, to a noble family, and entered the Franciscan Order in his native city at the age of thirteen. After several years, he ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Saint Brigid was born Brigit, and shares a name with a Celtic goddess from whom many legends and folk customs are associated. There is much debate over her birthparents, but it is widely believed her mother was Brocca, a Christian baptized by Saint Patrick, and her ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Nothing is known about St. Sebastian's youth other than the fact he may have come from southern France and he was educated in Milan. He joined the Roman Army in 283 AD, ostensibly to be of service to other Christians who were being persecuted by the Romans. St. ... continue reading
There is a romantic legend that the mother of Thomas Becket was a Saracen princess who followed his father, a pilgrim or crusader, back from the Holy Land, and wandered about Europe repeating the only English words she knew, "London" and "Becket," until she found him. ... continue reading
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
The most kids know of St. Patrick 's Day is that you must wear green or you'll get a pinch from your friends. Adults see the day as an occasion to celebrate, sometimes with green beer and other assorted alcoholic beverages. However, few really know what they are ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
More Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- St. Peter Regulatus: Saint of the Day for Thursday, March 30, 2017
- Daily Reading for Friday, March 31st, 2017 HD Video
- Was Jesus' portrait minted on ancient coins?
- Implant allows paralyzed man to move arm using his thoughts HD Video
- Christian student suspended for arguing with Muslim teacher - ...
- 'Living Lent': Thursday of the Fourth Week of Lent - Day 30
- Daily Readings for Thursday, March 30, 2017
- Daily Reading for Thursday, March 30th, 2017 HD
- Cause of California's drought is revealed HD
- Pope Francis' important message for children HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, March 29th, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.