Car Trouble and Angels to Assist - Angel Stories
Location: California USA
A little over 20 years ago, I was involved in a prison ministry for awhile. The leader of the ministry has recently lost his wife to lupus. He had teenage daughters and the younger of the two, Lori, was entering Junior High School in the Fall. He asked me if I would take her shopping for school clothes, as he didn't know the first thing about fashion.
We live in a remote desert town, so we had to drive two and a half hours to a city with a mall. It was a productive day, and we heading home in the late evening. In the middle of the Mojave desert, the car started to overheat. I pulled over to let it cool down. (This was obviously before cell phones, so we couldn't call anyone.) I had some water in the trunk, and I thought the radiator had cooled enough to put some in.
I didn't know this until later, but my aunt was alerted by the Holy Spirit to pray for us at the time we pulled over--around 10 pm. She had a vision of me pulled over to the side of the road, and looking in the trunk. She prayed that God would send angels to help us.
While I was outside of the car, a southbound car (we were pointed north) passed us, slowed down, made a U turn, and pulled up behind us. I jumped back in the car quickly and locked the doors!! A overweight with long hair, tattoos, and a sleeveless T-shirt came up to my window. He asked us if we needed any help. I said no, we were fine...I was just waiting for the car to cool off and I would put some water in it. He asked again if I was sure we didn't need any help. Although he was extremely polite, I was frightened of him because he was a stranger (and, well, he also looked a little scary), so I said no, we were fine. He returned to his car and drove away. I didn't notice the other passenger, but Lori said there was an elderly woman with him.
The weird thing is he just drove north. We waited for the car to turn around and head south in the original direction. We never saw the car pass by us again. It was like we were their destination!
Through a series of short drives, cool offs, and short drives, we made to the next town and called my dad, who came and got us. When I returned home, I learned about my aunt's vision and prayer for us. There is no doubt that we were offered help by an angel.
My dear aunt, obviously a very spiritual woman passed away on Christmas morning, 2006, just 3 weeks ago. I believe with all my heart she is now engaged in an intercessory prayer ministry full time now as a saint in heaven.
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 201 - 250 of 328
- Car Trouble and Angels to Assist, by Suzie
- the bird encounter, by Connor Pierce
- Ball of Light, by A Smith
- My Mom's Nurse, by Linda Driskill
- Don't See and Believe, by Billy Cokit
- An angel heard my prayer, by Maria Cabral
- TIMOTHY, by RICHARD BURDITT JR
- My life was saved, by Amanda Theobald
- Angel Power, by Shirley Abuel
- Angel outside the Parish, by Abram Toa
- You Should Watch, by Christian Duguay
- How an angel saved my daughter, by Patricia Ten Eyck
- I am okay now, by Jessica Edwards
- An angel saved my life, by Vincent Parise
- They came to take him home, by Elizabeth Conner-Ster
- Driving with angels..., by Lori Leissner
- Angel with A White Beard, by Sam Ramirez
- Angel in Waiting, by Mike Seddon
- My angel brought me home, by Nena Sunico
- Thank you, by Julie Power
- Saved from ferocious dogs, by Roger Hayes
- Angel Abby, by Billy Fisher
- visit from an angel, by holly mora
- Saved from emotional hell, by Paul
- A Tall White Angel, by Noelia R. Cambero
- There is no doubt Angels are real, by sheree davenport
- The Power of the Rosary, by Rosalie Francaviglia
- World Trade Center Angels, by Roxanne Cintron
- Elaines Angles, by Margaret Graham
- An Angelic Appearence , by Sunaira Barkat
- Touched By An Angel, by Debra Sueper
- We are never alone, by Bonnie Franklin
- The faith of my Grandmother, by Daphne Hebert
- Angel of comfort, by Arlene Hiles
- I did not think of God at all until I saw my granddaddy, by lindsey stewart
- touched by an angel, by Tina Willis
- Watching My Back, by Amanda Joiner
- MOTHER'S ENCOUNTER WITH ANGELS, by MARIBEL GONZALEZ
- Thoughts of My Angel!, by Marsha Neuschwanter
- Guardian Angel, by Michael Gomez
- My Aunt's Prayer, by valerie coranado
- Angel Mechanic, by Christine Clarke
- Angel at Bedtime, by Renee Woznesensky
- Erin, by Leigh Boyles
- The cook , by Robert Clements
- Long Hair, by Crystal Denney
- It's Mother Calling, by John Nichols
- Treasure our gifts, by Kim J.
- aNgeL sEnT bY God, by Ellaine Manansala
- I FEEL A VERY NICE AND STRONG PERFUME FOR SOME SECONDS, by Stella Nkhonya
Saint Feast Days by Month
Martyr of England. She was born Margaret Plantagenet, the niece of Edward IV and Richard III. She married Sir Reginald Pole about 1491 and bore five sons, including Reginald Cardinal Pole. Margaret ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska of the Blessed Sacrament was born as Helena Kowalska, in Glogowiec, Leczyca County, north-west of Lódz in Poland on August 25, 1905. She was the third of 10 children to a poor and religious family. Faustina first felt a calling to the ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Born in Spain in 1542, John learned the importance of self-sacrificing love from his parents. His father gave up wealth, status, and comfort when he married a weaver's daughter and was disowned by his noble family. After his father died, his mother kept the destitute ... continue reading
Saint John the Divine as the son of Zebedee, and his mother's name was Salome [Matthew 4:21, 27:56; Mark 15:40, 16:1]. They lived on the shores of the sea of Galilee. The brother of Saint John, probably considerably older, was Saint James. The mention of the "hired ... continue reading
By Deacon Keith Fournier
Father, raise up women like Catherine of Siena for this new missionary age of your Church. Women who are so in love with you, and so conformed to the Image of your Son, they can do for your Church in this hour, what she did in her own. Saints are a gift for the ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- A Big Thank You from JESUS IS - The Series HD Video
- Memorial Day: Honor Those Who Have Given Their Lives in Military Service
- Memorial Day: Chaplains - A Reminder that We Are One Nation Under God
- 26 Coptic Christians dead after heinous attack HD Video
- Memorial Day: Honor Those Who Honor Our Nation with Heroic Sacrifice
- Daily Readings for Sunday, May 28, 2017
- Bl. Margaret Pole: Saint of the Day for Sunday, May 28, 2017
- Day 5 - Novena to the Holy Spirit for a New Pentecost for the Church HD
- Day 4 - Novena to the Holy Spirit for a New Pentecost for the Church HD
- Day 3 - Novena to the Holy Spirit for a New Pentecost for the Church HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, May 31st, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.