An angel heard my prayer - Angel Stories
By: Maria Cabral
Location: Warren, RI USA
It was the winter of 2000. I was driving home to pick up my daughter. The weather was clear and cold, but the streets of New England were covered in a mix of sand and ice. I was driving on the highway when I realized I hadn't put my seatbelt on. I reached across my shoulder and put on my seat belt. Then I reached over to the passenger seat to grab my phone, I was going to call my daughter's father to let him know I was on my way to pick her up. Just then I looked up to see that a large vehicle had cut infront of my car. I swerved to avoid hitting the car and lost control of my own car. By the time I had my car straightened out, I was on the wrong side of the barrier wall and headed for a hill of snow. I held onto the stearing wheel, closed my eyes, and said in a low calm voice, "God, help me." For the next few minutes, there was darkness and calm. I could feel my body being tossed inside my car. Once I regained conciousness, I realized my car had come to a stop among some trees. For the next few minutes, I tried to get out of my car. Somehow police and rescue crews arrived at the scene of my accident. Everyone thought that I was dead because of the condition of my vehicle, which had rolled over several times. My car was a convertible and no longer had a roof. I went in and out of conciousness. Still, I remember a woman praying along side me in a language other than English, yet I understood her every word. She continued to pray the Hail Mary while I was hoisted into the ambulance. I never saw her, but I felt her presence and I heard her as clear as the sirens. I was treated in the hospital for a broken nose and head lacerations, and was released the following day.
After talking to and thanking the officer and rescue personnel from the scene of my accident, I asked if anyone got the name of the woman who stayed with me and prayed for me. No one saw anyone. Everyone at the accident insisted that the only women there were myself and the officer.
I have faith that God heard my prayers. My Guardian Angel was with me and is the reason I survived that accident. Why did I put on my seat belt just moments before the accident? Why was I so calm when I called on God to help me? Who was praying for me? What language were they speaking, and how could I understand?
I cannot answer with fact, but only with faith. I believe in angels, and my guardian angel. The Lord knew it was not my time to go, my children still need me.
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 201 - 250 of 328
- Car Trouble and Angels to Assist, by Suzie
- the bird encounter, by Connor Pierce
- Ball of Light, by A Smith
- My Mom's Nurse, by Linda Driskill
- Don't See and Believe, by Billy Cokit
- An angel heard my prayer, by Maria Cabral
- TIMOTHY, by RICHARD BURDITT JR
- My life was saved, by Amanda Theobald
- Angel Power, by Shirley Abuel
- Angel outside the Parish, by Abram Toa
- You Should Watch, by Christian Duguay
- How an angel saved my daughter, by Patricia Ten Eyck
- I am okay now, by Jessica Edwards
- An angel saved my life, by Vincent Parise
- They came to take him home, by Elizabeth Conner-Ster
- Driving with angels..., by Lori Leissner
- Angel with A White Beard, by Sam Ramirez
- Angel in Waiting, by Mike Seddon
- My angel brought me home, by Nena Sunico
- Thank you, by Julie Power
- Saved from ferocious dogs, by Roger Hayes
- Angel Abby, by Billy Fisher
- visit from an angel, by holly mora
- Saved from emotional hell, by Paul
- A Tall White Angel, by Noelia R. Cambero
- There is no doubt Angels are real, by sheree davenport
- The Power of the Rosary, by Rosalie Francaviglia
- World Trade Center Angels, by Roxanne Cintron
- Elaines Angles, by Margaret Graham
- An Angelic Appearence , by Sunaira Barkat
- Touched By An Angel, by Debra Sueper
- We are never alone, by Bonnie Franklin
- The faith of my Grandmother, by Daphne Hebert
- Angel of comfort, by Arlene Hiles
- I did not think of God at all until I saw my granddaddy, by lindsey stewart
- touched by an angel, by Tina Willis
- Watching My Back, by Amanda Joiner
- MOTHER'S ENCOUNTER WITH ANGELS, by MARIBEL GONZALEZ
- Thoughts of My Angel!, by Marsha Neuschwanter
- Guardian Angel, by Michael Gomez
- My Aunt's Prayer, by valerie coranado
- Angel Mechanic, by Christine Clarke
- Angel at Bedtime, by Renee Woznesensky
- Erin, by Leigh Boyles
- The cook , by Robert Clements
- Long Hair, by Crystal Denney
- It's Mother Calling, by John Nichols
- Treasure our gifts, by Kim J.
- aNgeL sEnT bY God, by Ellaine Manansala
- I FEEL A VERY NICE AND STRONG PERFUME FOR SOME SECONDS, by Stella Nkhonya
Saint Feast Days by Month
On June 2, 1835, Giuseppe Melchiorre Sarto saw the light of earth at Riesi, Province of Treviso, in Venice; on August 20, 1914, he saw the light of heaven; and on May 29, 1954, he who had become the ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Sts. Perpetua and Felicity were Christian martyrs who lived during the early persecution of the Church in Africa by the Emperor Severus. With details concerning the lives of many early martyrs unclear and often based on legend, we are fortunate to have the actual ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Felix was the son of Hermias, a Syrian who had been a Roman soldier. He was born on his father's estate at Nola near Naples, Italy. On the death of his father, Felix distributed his inheritance to the poor, was ordained by Bishop St. Maximus of Nola, and became his ... continue reading
By Deacon Frederick Bartels
Why is the Assumption important? First, lets look at what this dogma is all about. On 1 November, 1950, Pope Pius XII issued the Apostolic Constitution Munificentissimus Deus in which he proclaimed the dogma of the Assumption: "Mary, the immaculate perpetually Virgin ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Jerry Lewis passes away at 91, was most proud of his family HD Video
- St. Andrew the Scot: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, August 22, 2017
- 10 US Sailors missing after serious collision in Southeast Asian ...
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, August 22, 2017
- 'A Sign of the Times': A warning against 'expelling incoming ...
- 'Annabelle: Creation': Catholic Exorcist discusses power of hit ...
- Statue of St. Serra vandalized, are Christian crosses next?
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, August 23rd, 2017 HD
- Mother shares tragic photo of dying daughter as she pulled the plug on her life support HD
- Pope Francis asks for prayers following terror attacks in Spain HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, August 22nd, 2017 HD