You Should Watch - Angel Stories
By: Christian Duguay
Location: Los Angeles CA USA
When I was nine years old, I lived in the Arizona desert. On walks home from my bus stop, I would cut through a field of cactus and dry brush, and think about God and Heaven. I didn't grow up in a religious family and we never talked about God, but I always knew He was there. There was never any doubt.
As I grew older, however, I fell away from my talks with God, and I stopped my prayers. My faith waned and my heart hardened with the wrong groups of kids and sinful desires.
But, my faith is back now. One thing that always helps bring me back, when I have a weakness of faith, is something that happened during one afternoon walk through the desert. As I wandered along a narrow path through some olive trees and sage brush , a little voice in my head said, "You should watch for snakes." This voice was not a thought. We all know the pattern of our own thoughts. We recognize them as being self-generated. But this voice was not mine. I looked down to see a long rattlesnake stretched out, directly in my path, warming itself in the hot sun. I froze, terrified. For a long moment I couldn't move - scared of the snake, but also petrified that something had just spoken to me.
One could call it a coincidence. People who walk through the desert are always watching out for snakes - this just happened to be an instance when there was one lying in my path. Here's the thing: It happen a split second before I stepped on it. The voice was not mine. I believe it was an angel. I will always be grateful to the angel who spoke to me. Not just for the safety he or she provided me at that moment, but for the faith that moment has instilled in me. And there is meaning in that warning: "You should watch out for snakes."
Indeed, we should watch out for them, and we should watch out not to let ourselves become one.
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 201 - 250 of 329
- my angel was sent to save me, by Carlos Perez
- Car Trouble and Angels to Assist, by Suzie
- the bird encounter, by Connor Pierce
- Ball of Light, by A Smith
- My Mom's Nurse, by Linda Driskill
- Don't See and Believe, by Billy Cokit
- An angel heard my prayer, by Maria Cabral
- TIMOTHY, by RICHARD BURDITT JR
- My life was saved, by Amanda Theobald
- Angel Power, by Shirley Abuel
- Angel outside the Parish, by Abram Toa
- You Should Watch, by Christian Duguay
- How an angel saved my daughter, by Patricia Ten Eyck
- I am okay now, by Jessica Edwards
- An angel saved my life, by Vincent Parise
- They came to take him home, by Elizabeth Conner-Ster
- Driving with angels..., by Lori Leissner
- Angel with A White Beard, by Sam Ramirez
- Angel in Waiting, by Mike Seddon
- My angel brought me home, by Nena Sunico
- Thank you, by Julie Power
- Saved from ferocious dogs, by Roger Hayes
- Angel Abby, by Billy Fisher
- visit from an angel, by holly mora
- Saved from emotional hell, by Paul
- A Tall White Angel, by Noelia R. Cambero
- There is no doubt Angels are real, by sheree davenport
- The Power of the Rosary, by Rosalie Francaviglia
- World Trade Center Angels, by Roxanne Cintron
- Elaines Angles, by Margaret Graham
- An Angelic Appearence , by Sunaira Barkat
- Touched By An Angel, by Debra Sueper
- We are never alone, by Bonnie Franklin
- The faith of my Grandmother, by Daphne Hebert
- Angel of comfort, by Arlene Hiles
- I did not think of God at all until I saw my granddaddy, by lindsey stewart
- touched by an angel, by Tina Willis
- Watching My Back, by Amanda Joiner
- MOTHER'S ENCOUNTER WITH ANGELS, by MARIBEL GONZALEZ
- Thoughts of My Angel!, by Marsha Neuschwanter
- Guardian Angel, by Michael Gomez
- My Aunt's Prayer, by valerie coranado
- Angel Mechanic, by Christine Clarke
- Angel at Bedtime, by Renee Woznesensky
- Erin, by Leigh Boyles
- The cook , by Robert Clements
- Long Hair, by Crystal Denney
- It's Mother Calling, by John Nichols
- Treasure our gifts, by Kim J.
- aNgeL sEnT bY God, by Ellaine Manansala
Saint Feast Days by Month
Abbot and miracle worker, called "the Wise." Born in Capua, Italy, he became a monk in Monte Cassino and was called to the attention of a Princess Aloara of the region. When she built a new ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
St. Bernadette was born in Lourdes, France on January 7, 1844. Her parents were very poor and she was the first of nine children. She was baptized at St. Pierre's, the local parish church, on January 9. As a toddler, Bernadette contracted cholera and suffered extreme ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Saint Martin of Tours was born in in Savaria, Pannonia in either the year 316 or 336 AD. That region is what is today the nation of Hungary. His father was a tribune, which is a high-ranking officer in the Imperial Horse Guard. Martin and his family went with his ... continue reading
Saint Charles Borromeo was born on October 2, 1538 at the castle of Arona on Lake Maggiore near Milan. His father was the Count of Arona and his mother a member of the House of Medici. He was the third of six children born to the couple. At the age of 12, the young ... continue reading
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
The most kids know of St. Patrick 's Day is that you must wear green or you'll get a pinch from your friends. Adults see the day as an occasion to celebrate, sometimes with green beer and other assorted alcoholic beverages. However, few really know what they are ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
More Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Friday, March 24, 2017
- Daily Reading for Saturday, March 25th, 2017 HD Video
- Why is this 14-foot statue of Our Lady underwater?
- 'Living Lent': Friday of the Third Week of Lent - Day 24
- Outrage as Catholic University erected CROSSES on their own property ...
- St. Aldemar: Saint of the Day for Friday, March 24, 2017
- What happened during the London terror attack? HD Video
- Pope Francis prays for Westminster terror attack victims HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, March 24th, 2017 HD
- Adorable girl captured stealing Pope Francis' hat in hilarious footage HD
- Supreme court nominee faces tough questions on religious freedom during confirmation hearings HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.