World Trade Center Angels - Angel Stories
By: Roxanne Cintron
Location: Secaucus NJ USA
When I was a college student, I took a job in a store that sold Apple Computers. The other staff members were mostly students, also. One reminded me of David Niven. He had a slight build, a charming smile, and a sharp wit. It was no surprise to any of us when he interviewed for a position at a software publisher in New York City and was immediately hired. We all took our turns congratulating him. I was particularly happy fo rhim because he had always made life at the store entertaining with his comments and optimistic take on life.
I told him how happy I was for him and asked him where his job was located. Our store was only half an hour from Manhattan. He told me he would be working at the World Trade Center. It was then that my heart sank. My former employer and I had visited her husband\'s office there once and I had been scared to see a small plane flying close to the towers. My friend\'s husband had assured me then that all people were told to go to the fireproof stairways in the event of a plane crash.
When I talked to Andy he told me the same thing. However, my feelings were stronger than ever this time. I asked him what he would do if the crash occurred beneath his floor. He said that he would go to the roof to wait for an helicopter. He seemed so confident and I did not want to sound like an old fuddy duddy. So I said to him, \"Well, I;m sure God would take care of you.\" His next words stunned me. He told me that he was agnostic and did not really believe in God. I ws floored when a voice said to me that I shoudl tell hiom that if he wre ever in a very bad situation that God would forgive those words even at the last minute. Insterad of saying that I told him something a little milder, that God would always take care of him because he was such a nice person. But in my mind I saw him trapped in the World Trade Center.
Of course, years passed and I never saw my co-worker again. I was living right across from the World Trade Center and working in West New York when the planes hit the Twin Towers in September, 2001. My first thoughts were of my former co-worker. I always prayed that he had somehow made it out alive. But when I saw the list of confirmed dead his name was at the top.
I was talkign with friends recently, five years after the tragedy recounting this stoy when my best friend looked me in the eye and told me two stories that allayed my fears for him.
One story was of her friend who had just arrived at the WTC when the first plane hit. She was Catholic but also Pentecostal and had run for her life over the Brooklyn Bridge as a cloud of debris and dust hurtled toward her. She finally outran the cloud and had time to turn to look at what was unfolding. It was then that she saw thousands of angels riding the clouds, bearing spirits of the newly dead to a gigantic figure of Jesus. This had truly touched me becaue I had seen the Associated Press photograph reprinted in Newsweek of a diablolical head in the dust alongside the World Trade Cecnter smirking evilly. I had wondered where God was that day and now I knew. Of course, he was there.
But still I fretted over my co-worker. What about someone who was agnostic?
My friend, Ronnie, told me this story. A Catholic priest had also witnessed the crashes from the other side of the Brooklyn Bridge and felt complelled to say the prayers of Last Rites as the buldings fell and long afterward. He said them, she told me, so that all the souls who needed it could go to heaven.
These healing words lifted a five year burden from my hear. That she should have learned of these two miracles and been able to repeat them to me was a thrid miracle.
I know that Andy who was truly one of God\'s special people was only being called home. His guardian angel and the angels of my best friend, her friend, the priest in Brooklyn, the angels of all those people trapped in the world Trade Center towers and on the planes, and finally my guardian angel were all taking part in God\'s plan to protect, to deliver, and to comfort.
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 201 - 250 of 329
- my angel was sent to save me, by Carlos Perez
- Car Trouble and Angels to Assist, by Suzie
- the bird encounter, by Connor Pierce
- Ball of Light, by A Smith
- My Mom's Nurse, by Linda Driskill
- Don't See and Believe, by Billy Cokit
- An angel heard my prayer, by Maria Cabral
- TIMOTHY, by RICHARD BURDITT JR
- My life was saved, by Amanda Theobald
- Angel Power, by Shirley Abuel
- Angel outside the Parish, by Abram Toa
- You Should Watch, by Christian Duguay
- How an angel saved my daughter, by Patricia Ten Eyck
- I am okay now, by Jessica Edwards
- An angel saved my life, by Vincent Parise
- They came to take him home, by Elizabeth Conner-Ster
- Driving with angels..., by Lori Leissner
- Angel with A White Beard, by Sam Ramirez
- Angel in Waiting, by Mike Seddon
- My angel brought me home, by Nena Sunico
- Thank you, by Julie Power
- Saved from ferocious dogs, by Roger Hayes
- Angel Abby, by Billy Fisher
- visit from an angel, by holly mora
- Saved from emotional hell, by Paul
- A Tall White Angel, by Noelia R. Cambero
- There is no doubt Angels are real, by sheree davenport
- The Power of the Rosary, by Rosalie Francaviglia
- World Trade Center Angels, by Roxanne Cintron
- Elaines Angles, by Margaret Graham
- An Angelic Appearence , by Sunaira Barkat
- Touched By An Angel, by Debra Sueper
- We are never alone, by Bonnie Franklin
- The faith of my Grandmother, by Daphne Hebert
- Angel of comfort, by Arlene Hiles
- I did not think of God at all until I saw my granddaddy, by lindsey stewart
- touched by an angel, by Tina Willis
- Watching My Back, by Amanda Joiner
- MOTHER'S ENCOUNTER WITH ANGELS, by MARIBEL GONZALEZ
- Thoughts of My Angel!, by Marsha Neuschwanter
- Guardian Angel, by Michael Gomez
- My Aunt's Prayer, by valerie coranado
- Angel Mechanic, by Christine Clarke
- Angel at Bedtime, by Renee Woznesensky
- Erin, by Leigh Boyles
- The cook , by Robert Clements
- Long Hair, by Crystal Denney
- It's Mother Calling, by John Nichols
- Treasure our gifts, by Kim J.
- aNgeL sEnT bY God, by Ellaine Manansala
Saint Feast Days by Month
Dominican preacher and missionary crusader. A native of Bergamo, Italy, he joined the Dominicans in 1319 and soon distinguished himself as a brilliant preacher, attracting huge crowds throughout ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Yes, there is a St. Julia and here is her story: St. Julia was born of noble parents in South Africa. When she was still quite young, her city was conquered by barbarians. Julia was captured and sold as a slave to a pagan merchant, but she did not complain or feel ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Saint Charles Borromeo was born on October 2, 1538 at the castle of Arona on Lake Maggiore near Milan. His father was the Count of Arona and his mother a member of the House of Medici. He was the third of six children born to the couple. At the age of 12, the young ... continue reading
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
The most kids know of St. Patrick 's Day is that you must wear green or you'll get a pinch from your friends. Adults see the day as an occasion to celebrate, sometimes with green beer and other assorted alcoholic beverages. However, few really know what they are ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
More Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- 'Living Lent': Tuesday of the Fourth Week of Lent - Day 28
- Miracle baby defies odds after mother refuses doctors' abortion ...
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, March 29th, 2017 HD Video
- Supermassive black hole discovered surfing gravitational wave HD Video
- 7 inspiring quotes to change your life forever
- St. Venturino of Bergamo: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, March 28, 2017
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, March 28, 2017
- Catholic Archdiocese of Mexico calls out 'traitor' Mexicans HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, March 26th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, March 28th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, March 27th, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.