Almost Hit by a Trailer - Angel Stories
By: Judith G.
This story happened a few years ago back in the 90's when I was in college. My mother is a pious woman. She always remind us that a prayerful person will be shielded by God from all evil around us. I am not really a religious type of person but I had given it a thought and made it a habit of saying a little prayer each time I travel.
So, this weird thing happened to me one afternoon as I was bound to go home from school. I just got out of the campus and as I was walking, I thanked God in advance for protecting me. At the back of my mind, I said to Him that I don't know if I'll ever get to see a miracle in my lifetime by praying to Him but I totally submitted myself to His care. I was a few feet from the highway when I saw the traffic light's signal was on a yellow light. I hurried up to get to the other side of the highway. Not far from my left, there was a big trailer just waiting for the traffic light to turn green on their side.I was really determined to run and beat the red light, so to speak, because I wanted to go home early that day. As the traffic light turned red and I was about to run with my feet to the other end, that's when I got the surprise of my life. I couldn't move both of my feet from where I was standing as if an unknown hands where keeping me from moving. Literary, I froze there standing, and the people around me didn't have the slightest idea I was having trouble with my feet! As the big trailer passed by me, chills got into my spine because I was just a few inches away from that big truck. I got scared and told myself I wanted to move backward. That's the only time I was able to move my feet! I felt weak as I slowly stepped backward. I was shocked that I almost got hit by a trailer and at the same time, I was amazed that an unknown force had saved my life. It must be God or my guardian angel who has rescued me.
This experience, is very moving indeed, befitting of a miracle. Deep in my heart I always knew that there is a God in Heaven who always care... A guardian angel who always stays with us whenever we need help. Whenever I remember this incident, I can't help but thank God. Truly, to God, nothing is Impossible.
Glory to God in the Highest!
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 151 - 200 of 328
- Wrong place at the right time, by Kelly
- Almost Hit by a Trailer, by Judith G.
- Faith, by Belinda
- Angel at Concert, by John Green
- The lady with the glasses, by Diana
- War in Heaven, by Yohan ben Mich-el
- Angel visit after surgery, by Jen Duran
- Angels working overtime, by R. Norman
- A Miracle for Daddy, by DeNeen Grant Meyers
- An angel who came in a dream , by Janet Lachance
- A Cool Touch, by Forrest Walker
- Blow of an Angel, by May S. Pagkatipunan, Sta. Mesa Manila, Philippines
- A Voice Saved me, by Judith G.
- My Angel, by deb
- The family angel, by Julie Brown-Williams
- Healing in His Wings, by Lisa Twilley
- A rose from dad, by Maggie Castaneda
- life saver , by paul
- saved, by anon
- An angels blessing, by
- Angel In a Uniform, by LaVon Mauck
- ball of light, by mariadelosangeles
- BEAMING HAPPINESS, by abby
- stranded, by jtownbit
- Angel by my Side, by Nicolas Ramon
- Healing Miracle, by Evangelina
- Angel over my shoulder, by Kathleen Young
- My Angel, by Julia Ardon
- reassuring angel, by Maggie
- baby angel, by Michelle Gabrielle
- The Love of Christ, by j.t.
- Touch of a hand, by Therese Scott
- Angel in the light of God, by Sarah Brooks
- Curtain Call/ Top of the Mark, by ST Wein
- Choosing the Path, by Bill Hofmann
- Miss Jane, by Thomas M
- Angelic Eyes, by Daniel M.
- I think I was my guardian angel!, by Peggy Atatise
- My mother passed away but she still visits me, by Jonio Hernandez
- one call, by gloria barrera
- My beloved Dad is my Guardian Angel, by Rita Henry
- The Great Angel, by K. G.
- In the hands of my Guardian Angel, by Abiola Adelakun
- Hospital Angel, by Diane Mechling
- Angel Wings, by Maria Sanchez
- site of spirits, by John Tankersley
- Angels walk among us too., by Chaz Kraiza
- Saved by an angel, by Kevin Coyne
- A Lesson, by Rey Aranas
- my angel was sent to save me, by Carlos Perez
Saint Feast Days by Month
"I prefer death in Christ Jesus to power over the farthest limits of the earth. He who died in place of us is the one object of my quest. He who rose for our sakes is my one desire." In 107, ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Saint Josephine Margaret Bakhita was born around 1869 in the village of Olgossa in the Darfur region of Sudan. She was a member of the Daju people and her uncle was a tribal chief. Due to her family lineage, she grew up happy and relatively prosperous, saying that as a ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
In the fourth century a Greek religious romance on the Loves of Cecilia and Valerian was written in glorification of virginal life with the purpose of taking the place of then-popular sensual romances. Consequently, until better evidence is produced, we must conclude ... continue reading
Cecilia Yu So-sa was born in Seoul, , in 1761. Cecilia was a married woman, her children were the Saints Hasang Paul Chong and Jung Hye. When Cecilia was widowed, she was deprived of all her possessions and imprisoned because of her Christian faith. Twelve times she ... continue reading
By Marshall Connolly (CALIFORNIA NETWORK)
Archaeologists suspect they have found the tomb of the actual saint behind Santa Claus. The saint, who was thought to be in Italy until now, may still be under the floor of a church in turkey. LOS ANGELES, CA (California Network) -- The saint who would be known as ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Martin Luther would be horrified - The reformer had no intention of ...
- St. Ignatius of Antioch: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, October 17, 2017
- Virgin Mary appears to Hindu schoolchildren in India, miracles ...
- U.S. drills for mass evacuation of Americans from South Korea, but ...
- Sorry, there's no science to support 'transgender therapy' for kids
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, October 18th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, October 17, 2017
- Intro to Novena to the Saints in Heaven for the saints on earth HD
- Trump ends taxpayer giveaway to insurance companies HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, October 17th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, October 16th, 2017 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way