Almost Hit by a Trailer - Angel Stories
By: Judith G.
This story happened a few years ago back in the 90's when I was in college. My mother is a pious woman. She always remind us that a prayerful person will be shielded by God from all evil around us. I am not really a religious type of person but I had given it a thought and made it a habit of saying a little prayer each time I travel.
So, this weird thing happened to me one afternoon as I was bound to go home from school. I just got out of the campus and as I was walking, I thanked God in advance for protecting me. At the back of my mind, I said to Him that I don't know if I'll ever get to see a miracle in my lifetime by praying to Him but I totally submitted myself to His care. I was a few feet from the highway when I saw the traffic light's signal was on a yellow light. I hurried up to get to the other side of the highway. Not far from my left, there was a big trailer just waiting for the traffic light to turn green on their side.I was really determined to run and beat the red light, so to speak, because I wanted to go home early that day. As the traffic light turned red and I was about to run with my feet to the other end, that's when I got the surprise of my life. I couldn't move both of my feet from where I was standing as if an unknown hands where keeping me from moving. Literary, I froze there standing, and the people around me didn't have the slightest idea I was having trouble with my feet! As the big trailer passed by me, chills got into my spine because I was just a few inches away from that big truck. I got scared and told myself I wanted to move backward. That's the only time I was able to move my feet! I felt weak as I slowly stepped backward. I was shocked that I almost got hit by a trailer and at the same time, I was amazed that an unknown force had saved my life. It must be God or my guardian angel who has rescued me.
This experience, is very moving indeed, befitting of a miracle. Deep in my heart I always knew that there is a God in Heaven who always care... A guardian angel who always stays with us whenever we need help. Whenever I remember this incident, I can't help but thank God. Truly, to God, nothing is Impossible.
Glory to God in the Highest!
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 151 - 200 of 328
- Wrong place at the right time, by Kelly
- Almost Hit by a Trailer, by Judith G.
- Faith, by Belinda
- Angel at Concert, by John Green
- The lady with the glasses, by Diana
- War in Heaven, by Yohan ben Mich-el
- Angel visit after surgery, by Jen Duran
- Angels working overtime, by R. Norman
- A Miracle for Daddy, by DeNeen Grant Meyers
- An angel who came in a dream , by Janet Lachance
- A Cool Touch, by Forrest Walker
- Blow of an Angel, by May S. Pagkatipunan, Sta. Mesa Manila, Philippines
- A Voice Saved me, by Judith G.
- My Angel, by deb
- The family angel, by Julie Brown-Williams
- Healing in His Wings, by Lisa Twilley
- A rose from dad, by Maggie Castaneda
- life saver , by paul
- saved, by anon
- An angels blessing, by
- Angel In a Uniform, by LaVon Mauck
- ball of light, by mariadelosangeles
- BEAMING HAPPINESS, by abby
- stranded, by jtownbit
- Angel by my Side, by Nicolas Ramon
- Healing Miracle, by Evangelina
- Angel over my shoulder, by Kathleen Young
- My Angel, by Julia Ardon
- reassuring angel, by Maggie
- baby angel, by Michelle Gabrielle
- The Love of Christ, by j.t.
- Touch of a hand, by Therese Scott
- Angel in the light of God, by Sarah Brooks
- Curtain Call/ Top of the Mark, by ST Wein
- Choosing the Path, by Bill Hofmann
- Miss Jane, by Thomas M
- Angelic Eyes, by Daniel M.
- I think I was my guardian angel!, by Peggy Atatise
- My mother passed away but she still visits me, by Jonio Hernandez
- one call, by gloria barrera
- My beloved Dad is my Guardian Angel, by Rita Henry
- The Great Angel, by K. G.
- In the hands of my Guardian Angel, by Abiola Adelakun
- Hospital Angel, by Diane Mechling
- Angel Wings, by Maria Sanchez
- site of spirits, by John Tankersley
- Angels walk among us too., by Chaz Kraiza
- Saved by an angel, by Kevin Coyne
- A Lesson, by Rey Aranas
- my angel was sent to save me, by Carlos Perez
Saint Feast Days by Month
Lucy's history has been lost and all we really know for certain is that this brave woman who lived in Syracuse lost her life during the persecution of Christians in the early fourth century. Her ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Empress mother of Constantine the Great. She was a native of Bithynia, who married the then Roman general Constantius I Chlorus about 270. Constantine was born soon after, and in 293, Constantius was made Caesar, or junior emperor. He divorced Helena to marry co ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
St. Catherine was born in Florence in 1522. Her baptismal name was Alexandrina, but she took the name of Catherine upon entering religion. From her earliest infancy she manifested a great love of prayer, and in her sixth year, her father placed her in the convent of ... continue reading
St. Catherine of Siena was born during the outbreak of the plague in Siena, Italy on March 25, 1347. She was the 25th child born to her mother, although half of her brothers and sisters did not survive childhood. Catherine herself was a twin, but her sister did not ... continue reading
By CNA News
Scientists at a university in Liverpool have unveiled what they say is the most realistic portrait ever created of St. Nicholas of Myra, the popular 4th century bishop best known as the inspiration for the modern-day figure of Santa Claus. Liverpool, England (CNA) - ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
More Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Pope Francis wants to change the Lord's Prayer, but what do the new ...
- Is Facebook ripping apart human civilization? HD Video
- Daily Reading for Thursday, December 14th, 2017 HD Video
- St. Lucy: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, December 13, 2017
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, December 13, 2017
- Here's when you'll see the first self-driving trucks on the road
- How does the Vatican fight money laundering?
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, December 13th, 2017 HD
- Attempted terror attack fails in Manhattan as pipe bomb explodes early HD
- Here's how Pope Francis wants to change the Lords Prayer HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, December 12th, 2017 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way