Angels working overtime - Angel Stories
By: R. Norman
My family has a saying "Angels working overtime." This is because there are so many times in our lives where the term coincidence (if we even believed in it)is just so inadaquate. In 1983 my father walked away from a high-speed front-end accident. He just had time to shout "Jesus." The front of his jeep was crushed into the firewall, and his battery was @ least 30 feet on the other side of the other car. He suffered a moderate concussion and a twisted knee.
My mother has seen three angels over our home in times of difficulty. We have had countless experiences driving where we pulled over for whatever reason. When we got back on the road there was an accident right where we would have been. Conversely, we chose to stop later, and we would have been in an accident that was now behind us.
My most obvious encounter was in Dec. 06. My husband had passed one month prior, leaving me with our two year old daughter. I was on my was to work, having just dripped her of with a family member. I hit a patch of black ice and started fish-tailing. I was unsuccessful inmy attempt to correct it when my drivers-side rear wheel pulled completely off the axle. I just had time to think "Thank God Rhiannon isn't in the car" when I went tailgate over engine down a 10 ft. bank into a small creek. My minivan was on it's roof, crushed. I climbed out of my seat and moved into the back, where it was dry. Realizing that the only way out of the car was to swim in sub-freezing air and water temps I just sat back and waited for help. About 15 min. later there were several men who stopped. As I was uninjured (MIRACLE!) one of them received permission from the State Police to take me to get dry, as I was starting to show hypothermia symptoms. When he returned me to the car the officer was there. When my rescuer left I never saw him again.
There are so many "ifs" that would have gotten me killed that day:
if I was 2 in taller,
if I had been going 5 mph faster,
if angels hadn't been "working overtime." We have had many other reasons to believe that God sends His angel into our (humanity's) lives, but I don't want to take too much of your time.
God Bless You
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 151 - 200 of 329
- Open My Eyes, by Marian Grace
- Wrong place at the right time, by Kelly
- Almost Hit by a Trailer, by Judith G.
- Faith, by Belinda
- Angel at Concert, by John Green
- The lady with the glasses, by Diana
- War in Heaven, by Yohan ben Mich-el
- Angel visit after surgery, by Jen Duran
- Angels working overtime, by R. Norman
- A Miracle for Daddy, by DeNeen Grant Meyers
- An angel who came in a dream , by Janet Lachance
- A Cool Touch, by Forrest Walker
- Blow of an Angel, by May S. Pagkatipunan, Sta. Mesa Manila, Philippines
- A Voice Saved me, by Judith G.
- My Angel, by deb
- The family angel, by Julie Brown-Williams
- Healing in His Wings, by Lisa Twilley
- A rose from dad, by Maggie Castaneda
- life saver , by paul
- saved, by anon
- An angels blessing, by
- Angel In a Uniform, by LaVon Mauck
- ball of light, by mariadelosangeles
- BEAMING HAPPINESS, by abby
- stranded, by jtownbit
- Angel by my Side, by Nicolas Ramon
- Healing Miracle, by Evangelina
- Angel over my shoulder, by Kathleen Young
- My Angel, by Julia Ardon
- reassuring angel, by Maggie
- baby angel, by Michelle Gabrielle
- The Love of Christ, by j.t.
- Touch of a hand, by Therese Scott
- Angel in the light of God, by Sarah Brooks
- Curtain Call/ Top of the Mark, by ST Wein
- Choosing the Path, by Bill Hofmann
- Miss Jane, by Thomas M
- Angelic Eyes, by Daniel M.
- I think I was my guardian angel!, by Peggy Atatise
- My mother passed away but she still visits me, by Jonio Hernandez
- one call, by gloria barrera
- My beloved Dad is my Guardian Angel, by Rita Henry
- The Great Angel, by K. G.
- In the hands of my Guardian Angel, by Abiola Adelakun
- Hospital Angel, by Diane Mechling
- Angel Wings, by Maria Sanchez
- site of spirits, by John Tankersley
- Angels walk among us too., by Chaz Kraiza
- Saved by an angel, by Kevin Coyne
- A Lesson, by Rey Aranas
Saint Feast Days by Month
A letter which St. Jerome wrote to St. Marcella provides the only information we have about St. Lea, a devout fourth century widow. Upon the death of her husband, she retired to a Roman monastery and ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
St. Katharine Drexel is the second American-born saint to be canonized by the Catholic Church. This amazing woman was an heiress to a large bequest who became a religious sister and a brilliant educator. Katherine was born in Philadelphia on November 26, 1858, the ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Olympias born into a wealthy noble Constantinople family. She was orphaned when a child and was given over to the care of Theodosia by her uncle, the prefect Procopius. She married Nebridius, also a prefect, was widowed soon after, refused several offers of marriage, ... continue reading
The people of Olkusz in Bohemia in 1431 had every reason to be suspicious of their new pastor. They knew what a Cracow professor would think of their small rural town. But even more insulting, their town was once again being used as a dumping ground for a priest who ... continue reading
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
The most kids know of St. Patrick 's Day is that you must wear green or you'll get a pinch from your friends. Adults see the day as an occasion to celebrate, sometimes with green beer and other assorted alcoholic beverages. However, few really know what they are ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
More Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- ISIS deploys child soldiers to keep Christians from returning to Mosul
- Daily Reading for Friday, March 24th, 2017 HD Video
- Adorable girl captured stealing Pope Francis' hat in hilarious ...
- Pope Francis defends millennials, but warns them about too much ...
- St. Toribio Alfonso de Mogrovejo: Saint of the Day for Thursday, ...
- 'Living Lent': Thursday of the Third Week of Lent - Day 23
- Daily Readings for Thursday, March 23, 2017
- Supreme court nominee faces tough questions on religious freedom during confirmation hearings HD
- Christ's tomb reveals surprise after restoration HD
- Peruvian woman miraculously survives deadly mudslide HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, March 23rd, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.