Angels working overtime - Angel Stories
By: R. Norman
My family has a saying "Angels working overtime." This is because there are so many times in our lives where the term coincidence (if we even believed in it)is just so inadaquate. In 1983 my father walked away from a high-speed front-end accident. He just had time to shout "Jesus." The front of his jeep was crushed into the firewall, and his battery was @ least 30 feet on the other side of the other car. He suffered a moderate concussion and a twisted knee.
My mother has seen three angels over our home in times of difficulty. We have had countless experiences driving where we pulled over for whatever reason. When we got back on the road there was an accident right where we would have been. Conversely, we chose to stop later, and we would have been in an accident that was now behind us.
My most obvious encounter was in Dec. 06. My husband had passed one month prior, leaving me with our two year old daughter. I was on my was to work, having just dripped her of with a family member. I hit a patch of black ice and started fish-tailing. I was unsuccessful inmy attempt to correct it when my drivers-side rear wheel pulled completely off the axle. I just had time to think "Thank God Rhiannon isn't in the car" when I went tailgate over engine down a 10 ft. bank into a small creek. My minivan was on it's roof, crushed. I climbed out of my seat and moved into the back, where it was dry. Realizing that the only way out of the car was to swim in sub-freezing air and water temps I just sat back and waited for help. About 15 min. later there were several men who stopped. As I was uninjured (MIRACLE!) one of them received permission from the State Police to take me to get dry, as I was starting to show hypothermia symptoms. When he returned me to the car the officer was there. When my rescuer left I never saw him again.
There are so many "ifs" that would have gotten me killed that day:
if I was 2 in taller,
if I had been going 5 mph faster,
if angels hadn't been "working overtime." We have had many other reasons to believe that God sends His angel into our (humanity's) lives, but I don't want to take too much of your time.
God Bless You
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 151 - 200 of 328
- Wrong place at the right time, by Kelly
- Almost Hit by a Trailer, by Judith G.
- Faith, by Belinda
- Angel at Concert, by John Green
- The lady with the glasses, by Diana
- War in Heaven, by Yohan ben Mich-el
- Angel visit after surgery, by Jen Duran
- Angels working overtime, by R. Norman
- A Miracle for Daddy, by DeNeen Grant Meyers
- An angel who came in a dream , by Janet Lachance
- A Cool Touch, by Forrest Walker
- Blow of an Angel, by May S. Pagkatipunan, Sta. Mesa Manila, Philippines
- A Voice Saved me, by Judith G.
- My Angel, by deb
- The family angel, by Julie Brown-Williams
- Healing in His Wings, by Lisa Twilley
- A rose from dad, by Maggie Castaneda
- life saver , by paul
- saved, by anon
- An angels blessing, by
- Angel In a Uniform, by LaVon Mauck
- ball of light, by mariadelosangeles
- BEAMING HAPPINESS, by abby
- stranded, by jtownbit
- Angel by my Side, by Nicolas Ramon
- Healing Miracle, by Evangelina
- Angel over my shoulder, by Kathleen Young
- My Angel, by Julia Ardon
- reassuring angel, by Maggie
- baby angel, by Michelle Gabrielle
- The Love of Christ, by j.t.
- Touch of a hand, by Therese Scott
- Angel in the light of God, by Sarah Brooks
- Curtain Call/ Top of the Mark, by ST Wein
- Choosing the Path, by Bill Hofmann
- Miss Jane, by Thomas M
- Angelic Eyes, by Daniel M.
- I think I was my guardian angel!, by Peggy Atatise
- My mother passed away but she still visits me, by Jonio Hernandez
- one call, by gloria barrera
- My beloved Dad is my Guardian Angel, by Rita Henry
- The Great Angel, by K. G.
- In the hands of my Guardian Angel, by Abiola Adelakun
- Hospital Angel, by Diane Mechling
- Angel Wings, by Maria Sanchez
- site of spirits, by John Tankersley
- Angels walk among us too., by Chaz Kraiza
- Saved by an angel, by Kevin Coyne
- A Lesson, by Rey Aranas
- my angel was sent to save me, by Carlos Perez
Saint Feast Days by Month
St. Cyril of Alexandria, Bishop and Doctor of the Church (June 27) Cyril was born at Alexandria, Egypt. He was nephew of the patriarch of that city, Theophilus. Cyril received a classical and ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
St. Angela Merici was an Italian religious educator and founder of the Ursulines whose deep prayer life and relationship with the Lord bore the fruit of mystical encounters with God. She was born on March 21, 1474 in Desenzano, a small town on the shore of Lake Garda ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Sts. Cosmas and Damian were brothers, born in Arabia, who had become eminent for their skill in the science of medicine. Being Christians, they were filled with the spirit of charity and never took money for their services. At Egaea in Cilicia, where they lived, they ... continue reading
"Make your fold with the sheep; flee from the wolves: depart not from the Church," Cyril admonished catechumens surrounded by heresy. These were prophetic words for Cyril was to be hounded by enemies and heretics for most of his life, and although they could exile him ... continue reading
By Deacon Keith Fournier
Father, raise up women like Catherine of Siena for this new missionary age of your Church. Women who are so in love with you, and so conformed to the Image of your Son, they can do for your Church in this hour, what she did in her own. Saints are a gift for the ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, June 28th, 2017 HD Video
- Vatican asks for the release of bishop forcibly removed from diocese
- St. Cyril of Alexandria: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, June 27, 2017
- Is Atheism a religion?
- Supreme Court sides with church in playground case
- Central bankers warn of looming global recession HD Video
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, June 27, 2017
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, June 27th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, June 26th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, June 25th, 2017 HD
- Pope Francis prepares an incredible gift of love and solidarity for South Sudan HD