Angels working overtime - Angel Stories
By: R. Norman
My family has a saying "Angels working overtime." This is because there are so many times in our lives where the term coincidence (if we even believed in it)is just so inadaquate. In 1983 my father walked away from a high-speed front-end accident. He just had time to shout "Jesus." The front of his jeep was crushed into the firewall, and his battery was @ least 30 feet on the other side of the other car. He suffered a moderate concussion and a twisted knee.
My mother has seen three angels over our home in times of difficulty. We have had countless experiences driving where we pulled over for whatever reason. When we got back on the road there was an accident right where we would have been. Conversely, we chose to stop later, and we would have been in an accident that was now behind us.
My most obvious encounter was in Dec. 06. My husband had passed one month prior, leaving me with our two year old daughter. I was on my was to work, having just dripped her of with a family member. I hit a patch of black ice and started fish-tailing. I was unsuccessful inmy attempt to correct it when my drivers-side rear wheel pulled completely off the axle. I just had time to think "Thank God Rhiannon isn't in the car" when I went tailgate over engine down a 10 ft. bank into a small creek. My minivan was on it's roof, crushed. I climbed out of my seat and moved into the back, where it was dry. Realizing that the only way out of the car was to swim in sub-freezing air and water temps I just sat back and waited for help. About 15 min. later there were several men who stopped. As I was uninjured (MIRACLE!) one of them received permission from the State Police to take me to get dry, as I was starting to show hypothermia symptoms. When he returned me to the car the officer was there. When my rescuer left I never saw him again.
There are so many "ifs" that would have gotten me killed that day:
if I was 2 in taller,
if I had been going 5 mph faster,
if angels hadn't been "working overtime." We have had many other reasons to believe that God sends His angel into our (humanity's) lives, but I don't want to take too much of your time.
God Bless You
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 151 - 200 of 328
- Wrong place at the right time, by Kelly
- Almost Hit by a Trailer, by Judith G.
- Faith, by Belinda
- Angel at Concert, by John Green
- The lady with the glasses, by Diana
- War in Heaven, by Yohan ben Mich-el
- Angel visit after surgery, by Jen Duran
- Angels working overtime, by R. Norman
- A Miracle for Daddy, by DeNeen Grant Meyers
- An angel who came in a dream , by Janet Lachance
- A Cool Touch, by Forrest Walker
- Blow of an Angel, by May S. Pagkatipunan, Sta. Mesa Manila, Philippines
- A Voice Saved me, by Judith G.
- My Angel, by deb
- The family angel, by Julie Brown-Williams
- Healing in His Wings, by Lisa Twilley
- A rose from dad, by Maggie Castaneda
- life saver , by paul
- saved, by anon
- An angels blessing, by
- Angel In a Uniform, by LaVon Mauck
- ball of light, by mariadelosangeles
- BEAMING HAPPINESS, by abby
- stranded, by jtownbit
- Angel by my Side, by Nicolas Ramon
- Healing Miracle, by Evangelina
- Angel over my shoulder, by Kathleen Young
- My Angel, by Julia Ardon
- reassuring angel, by Maggie
- baby angel, by Michelle Gabrielle
- The Love of Christ, by j.t.
- Touch of a hand, by Therese Scott
- Angel in the light of God, by Sarah Brooks
- Curtain Call/ Top of the Mark, by ST Wein
- Choosing the Path, by Bill Hofmann
- Miss Jane, by Thomas M
- Angelic Eyes, by Daniel M.
- I think I was my guardian angel!, by Peggy Atatise
- My mother passed away but she still visits me, by Jonio Hernandez
- one call, by gloria barrera
- My beloved Dad is my Guardian Angel, by Rita Henry
- The Great Angel, by K. G.
- In the hands of my Guardian Angel, by Abiola Adelakun
- Hospital Angel, by Diane Mechling
- Angel Wings, by Maria Sanchez
- site of spirits, by John Tankersley
- Angels walk among us too., by Chaz Kraiza
- Saved by an angel, by Kevin Coyne
- A Lesson, by Rey Aranas
- my angel was sent to save me, by Carlos Perez
Saint Feast Days by Month
In 1642 the Huron country was in great distress. Harvests were poor, sickness abounded, and clothing was scarce. Quebec was the only source of supplies, and Isaac Jogues was chosen to lead an ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Saint Brigid was born Brigit, and shares a name with a Celtic goddess from whom many legends and folk customs are associated. There is much debate over her birthparents, but it is widely believed her mother was Brocca, a Christian baptized by Saint Patrick, and her ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Christians who breathed a sigh of relief when Constantine proclaimed Christianity the state religion, believing this would end the bloodshed and martyrdom. But it was all too short a time until they were facing persecution once more -- from others who claimed to be ... continue reading
Eusebius, born just a few years after Fabian's death, tells us how Fabian came to Rome after Pope Anteros died in 236. A layperson, and not a very important one, he may have come for the same reason many still come to Rome today during a papal election: concern for the ... continue reading
By Marshall Connolly (CALIFORNIA NETWORK)
Archaeologists suspect they have found the tomb of the actual saint behind Santa Claus. The saint, who was thought to be in Italy until now, may still be under the floor of a church in turkey. LOS ANGELES, CA (California Network) -- The saint who would be known as ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- It was the Clintons! Clinton family took millions in bribes from ...
- Deacon Keith invites you... HD Video
- Secretary denies Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI is close to passing
- Being Christian now more dangerous than ever as persecution reaches ...
- Wealthy donors seek to destroy your religious freedom
- Sts. Isaac Jogues and Rene Goupil: Saint of the Day for Thursday, ...
- Daily Readings for Thursday, October 19, 2017
- Daily Reading for Friday, October 20th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, October 19th, 2017 HD
- Museum of the Bible to open in Washington D.C., here's what you want to know HD
- Virgin Mary appears to Hindu schoolchildren in India, miracles reported HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way