A rose from dad - Angel Stories
By: Maggie Castaneda
Here is my story of an encounter with an angel. It was a Sunday morning I got up as usual doing my laundry etc. Then I got the urge to go to the flea market. I asked my son, do you want to go to the flea market with me? He said yes, so we went. I went around to the venders feeling happy, and generous. Seeing the need of the people. I bought what I wanted, and gave to the people in need selling bread etc, and to those asking for donations for church, which I normally don't. I am never sure where the money goes. But something in me told me to go ahead and donate.
So then when I was done with my rounds. I told my son lets go buy some Chinese food for your father to go as he asked. So we bought some food, and were headed to the car in the parking lot. In the corner of my eye. I could see a young man in a grey pin stripped suit , with a nice lavender shirt on, clean cut, kind of standing up from a scrunched position like he just landed in the middle of the parking lot.
He saw that I saw him, and asked can I have a moment of your time in Spanish. I said, "yes". I told my son if he is selling something we are not buying anything. But he had nothing to sell just a long stemmed white rose in his had. He said, "I am a person that has had a lot of bad things happen to me". "I know you have a good heart ,and a good life". I shook my head yes. He said, "you know this" I said yes. I knew this because this is something I pray about constantly. Why people are mean to me if I have a good heart? And why am I not happy or satisfied with my life, why do I want more? He said he wanted to give me this rose. I took it, and he asked if he could have a hug. Normally I do not give out hugs, but I was not afraid. His face was like porcelain ,and his eyes were a calming blue. He looked like my daughter friend which I love him like a son. So he did not look like a stranger. I gave him a hug , and he left in the opposite direction. I turned around , and he had his head turned around looking at me. I waved good bye, and hugged my son ,and said what a good day, I even got a flower. I raised the flower to the sky ,and said thank you daddy, and I blessed myself. For I knew this was a sign from up above, a gift from daddy. I turned around again to look at him, he was gone. I was shocked and weeped like a baby as I got in my car.
I knew my dad knew I was thinking of him on his birthday ,and wanted me to have some peace in my life, and stop grieving. He got the rose I lit for him, and returned a white rose to me. White rose is the sign of peace. I am told angels usually give you a sign something you recognize. I knew what that white rose ment.
You see prior on Dec 14th is my dads birthday, I was so sad. I was working ,but more than anything I wanted to be at the cemetery with my father on his birthday he passed in August of 2005. My mom in 2003. So I wanted to do something to let him know I was thinking of him. So I had a little white rose candle, my daughter had given me as a gift. I was saving it for a special occasion. So what better occasion than my fathers birthday . So I lit the candle all day in front of a 5x7 picuture I have of my dad at work.Crying off and on all day missing my father still grieving. The following Saturday I couldn't get to the cemetery fast enough to be with my father and mother and spend time with them.
So I came home told my husband the experience and put the white rose in a long tall vase. That rose was getting more beautiful by the day. It last 2 weeks without me watering it ,and seems to glow at night. I talked to some spiritual friends about the experience ,and they all agree I had an encounter with an angel. Yes it was a sign.
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 151 - 200 of 328
- Wrong place at the right time, by Kelly
- Almost Hit by a Trailer, by Judith G.
- Faith, by Belinda
- Angel at Concert, by John Green
- The lady with the glasses, by Diana
- War in Heaven, by Yohan ben Mich-el
- Angel visit after surgery, by Jen Duran
- Angels working overtime, by R. Norman
- A Miracle for Daddy, by DeNeen Grant Meyers
- An angel who came in a dream , by Janet Lachance
- A Cool Touch, by Forrest Walker
- Blow of an Angel, by May S. Pagkatipunan, Sta. Mesa Manila, Philippines
- A Voice Saved me, by Judith G.
- My Angel, by deb
- The family angel, by Julie Brown-Williams
- Healing in His Wings, by Lisa Twilley
- A rose from dad, by Maggie Castaneda
- life saver , by paul
- saved, by anon
- An angels blessing, by
- Angel In a Uniform, by LaVon Mauck
- ball of light, by mariadelosangeles
- BEAMING HAPPINESS, by abby
- stranded, by jtownbit
- Angel by my Side, by Nicolas Ramon
- Healing Miracle, by Evangelina
- Angel over my shoulder, by Kathleen Young
- My Angel, by Julia Ardon
- reassuring angel, by Maggie
- baby angel, by Michelle Gabrielle
- The Love of Christ, by j.t.
- Touch of a hand, by Therese Scott
- Angel in the light of God, by Sarah Brooks
- Curtain Call/ Top of the Mark, by ST Wein
- Choosing the Path, by Bill Hofmann
- Miss Jane, by Thomas M
- Angelic Eyes, by Daniel M.
- I think I was my guardian angel!, by Peggy Atatise
- My mother passed away but she still visits me, by Jonio Hernandez
- one call, by gloria barrera
- My beloved Dad is my Guardian Angel, by Rita Henry
- The Great Angel, by K. G.
- In the hands of my Guardian Angel, by Abiola Adelakun
- Hospital Angel, by Diane Mechling
- Angel Wings, by Maria Sanchez
- site of spirits, by John Tankersley
- Angels walk among us too., by Chaz Kraiza
- Saved by an angel, by Kevin Coyne
- A Lesson, by Rey Aranas
- my angel was sent to save me, by Carlos Perez
Saint Feast Days by Month
St. Cyril of Alexandria, Bishop and Doctor of the Church (June 27) Cyril was born at Alexandria, Egypt. He was nephew of the patriarch of that city, Theophilus. Cyril received a classical and ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Historians remember St. Rose of Lima for her piety and chastity. Born in 1586 in Lima, Peru to Spanish colonists, and named Isabel Flores de Olivia, she was exceptionally beautiful. Her beauty was so great that she was nicknamed "Rose," a name that remains with her to ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Before he was known as Saint Jerome, he was named Eusebius Sophronius Hieronymus. He was born around 342 AD, in Stridon, Dalmatia. Today, the town, which ceased to exist in Jerome's time, would likely be in Croatia or Slovenia. The young Jerome was educated by Aelius ... continue reading
Jerome Emiliani lay chained in the dark dirty dungeon. Only a short time before he had been a military commander for Venice in charge of a fortress. He didn't care much about God because he didn't need him -- he had his own strength and the strength of his soldiers and ... continue reading
By Deacon Keith Fournier
Father, raise up women like Catherine of Siena for this new missionary age of your Church. Women who are so in love with you, and so conformed to the Image of your Son, they can do for your Church in this hour, what she did in her own. Saints are a gift for the ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Central bankers warn of looming global recession HD Video
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, June 28th, 2017 HD Video
- Vatican asks for the release of bishop forcibly removed from diocese
- St. Cyril of Alexandria: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, June 27, 2017
- Supreme Court sides with church in playground case
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, June 27, 2017
- Is Atheism a religion?
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, June 27th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, June 26th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, June 25th, 2017 HD
- Pope Francis prepares an incredible gift of love and solidarity for South Sudan HD