A rose from dad - Angel Stories
By: Maggie Castaneda
Here is my story of an encounter with an angel. It was a Sunday morning I got up as usual doing my laundry etc. Then I got the urge to go to the flea market. I asked my son, do you want to go to the flea market with me? He said yes, so we went. I went around to the venders feeling happy, and generous. Seeing the need of the people. I bought what I wanted, and gave to the people in need selling bread etc, and to those asking for donations for church, which I normally don't. I am never sure where the money goes. But something in me told me to go ahead and donate.
So then when I was done with my rounds. I told my son lets go buy some Chinese food for your father to go as he asked. So we bought some food, and were headed to the car in the parking lot. In the corner of my eye. I could see a young man in a grey pin stripped suit , with a nice lavender shirt on, clean cut, kind of standing up from a scrunched position like he just landed in the middle of the parking lot.
He saw that I saw him, and asked can I have a moment of your time in Spanish. I said, "yes". I told my son if he is selling something we are not buying anything. But he had nothing to sell just a long stemmed white rose in his had. He said, "I am a person that has had a lot of bad things happen to me". "I know you have a good heart ,and a good life". I shook my head yes. He said, "you know this" I said yes. I knew this because this is something I pray about constantly. Why people are mean to me if I have a good heart? And why am I not happy or satisfied with my life, why do I want more? He said he wanted to give me this rose. I took it, and he asked if he could have a hug. Normally I do not give out hugs, but I was not afraid. His face was like porcelain ,and his eyes were a calming blue. He looked like my daughter friend which I love him like a son. So he did not look like a stranger. I gave him a hug , and he left in the opposite direction. I turned around , and he had his head turned around looking at me. I waved good bye, and hugged my son ,and said what a good day, I even got a flower. I raised the flower to the sky ,and said thank you daddy, and I blessed myself. For I knew this was a sign from up above, a gift from daddy. I turned around again to look at him, he was gone. I was shocked and weeped like a baby as I got in my car.
I knew my dad knew I was thinking of him on his birthday ,and wanted me to have some peace in my life, and stop grieving. He got the rose I lit for him, and returned a white rose to me. White rose is the sign of peace. I am told angels usually give you a sign something you recognize. I knew what that white rose ment.
You see prior on Dec 14th is my dads birthday, I was so sad. I was working ,but more than anything I wanted to be at the cemetery with my father on his birthday he passed in August of 2005. My mom in 2003. So I wanted to do something to let him know I was thinking of him. So I had a little white rose candle, my daughter had given me as a gift. I was saving it for a special occasion. So what better occasion than my fathers birthday . So I lit the candle all day in front of a 5x7 picuture I have of my dad at work.Crying off and on all day missing my father still grieving. The following Saturday I couldn't get to the cemetery fast enough to be with my father and mother and spend time with them.
So I came home told my husband the experience and put the white rose in a long tall vase. That rose was getting more beautiful by the day. It last 2 weeks without me watering it ,and seems to glow at night. I talked to some spiritual friends about the experience ,and they all agree I had an encounter with an angel. Yes it was a sign.
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 151 - 200 of 328
- Wrong place at the right time, by Kelly
- Almost Hit by a Trailer, by Judith G.
- Faith, by Belinda
- Angel at Concert, by John Green
- The lady with the glasses, by Diana
- War in Heaven, by Yohan ben Mich-el
- Angel visit after surgery, by Jen Duran
- Angels working overtime, by R. Norman
- A Miracle for Daddy, by DeNeen Grant Meyers
- An angel who came in a dream , by Janet Lachance
- A Cool Touch, by Forrest Walker
- Blow of an Angel, by May S. Pagkatipunan, Sta. Mesa Manila, Philippines
- A Voice Saved me, by Judith G.
- My Angel, by deb
- The family angel, by Julie Brown-Williams
- Healing in His Wings, by Lisa Twilley
- A rose from dad, by Maggie Castaneda
- life saver , by paul
- saved, by anon
- An angels blessing, by
- Angel In a Uniform, by LaVon Mauck
- ball of light, by mariadelosangeles
- BEAMING HAPPINESS, by abby
- stranded, by jtownbit
- Angel by my Side, by Nicolas Ramon
- Healing Miracle, by Evangelina
- Angel over my shoulder, by Kathleen Young
- My Angel, by Julia Ardon
- reassuring angel, by Maggie
- baby angel, by Michelle Gabrielle
- The Love of Christ, by j.t.
- Touch of a hand, by Therese Scott
- Angel in the light of God, by Sarah Brooks
- Curtain Call/ Top of the Mark, by ST Wein
- Choosing the Path, by Bill Hofmann
- Miss Jane, by Thomas M
- Angelic Eyes, by Daniel M.
- I think I was my guardian angel!, by Peggy Atatise
- My mother passed away but she still visits me, by Jonio Hernandez
- one call, by gloria barrera
- My beloved Dad is my Guardian Angel, by Rita Henry
- The Great Angel, by K. G.
- In the hands of my Guardian Angel, by Abiola Adelakun
- Hospital Angel, by Diane Mechling
- Angel Wings, by Maria Sanchez
- site of spirits, by John Tankersley
- Angels walk among us too., by Chaz Kraiza
- Saved by an angel, by Kevin Coyne
- A Lesson, by Rey Aranas
- my angel was sent to save me, by Carlos Perez
Saint Feast Days by Month
St. Stephen the Great (977-1038), was the son of the Magyar chieftain Geza, Stephen succeeded him as leader in 997. Already raised a Christian, in 996 he wed the daughter of Duke Henry II of Bavaria ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Saint Catherine of Alexandria is a canonized saint in the Catholic Church who, per Christian tradition, was martyred around 305 in Alexandria, Egypt. Of course, the Church of the first Millennium was undivided. She is also recognized as the Great Martyr and Saint by ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
St. John Joseph of the Cross was born about the middle of the seventeenth century in the beautiful island of Ischia, near Naples. From his childhood he was the model of virtue, and in his sixteenth year he entered the Franciscan Order of the Strictest Observance, or ... continue reading
The people of Olkusz in Bohemia in 1431 had every reason to be suspicious of their new pastor. They knew what a Cracow professor would think of their small rural town. But even more insulting, their town was once again being used as a dumping ground for a priest who ... continue reading
By Deacon Frederick Bartels
Why is the Assumption important? First, lets look at what this dogma is all about. On 1 November, 1950, Pope Pius XII issued the Apostolic Constitution Munificentissimus Deus in which he proclaimed the dogma of the Assumption: "Mary, the immaculate perpetually Virgin ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Over 20 million people facing starvation - and we should care!
- Daily Readings for Thursday, August 17, 2017
- St. Clare of Montefalco: Saint of the Day for Thursday, August 17, 2017
- Get ready for self checkout everywhere: 3.5 million retail cashiers ...
- Pro-life wins in Texas with new law to protect religious freedom and ...
- North Korea launches purge against Christians as faith spreads across ...
- Should history be rewritten to appease the angry? HD Video
- Daily Reading for Friday, August 18th, 2017 HD
- Catholic Online YouTube HD
- Today is the Feast of the Assumption. Why do we celebrate it? HD
- North Korea backs down in face of U.S. threat, but why? HD