Car Trouble and Angels to Assist - Angel Stories
Location: California USA
A little over 20 years ago, I was involved in a prison ministry for awhile. The leader of the ministry has recently lost his wife to lupus. He had teenage daughters and the younger of the two, Lori, was entering Junior High School in the Fall. He asked me if I would take her shopping for school clothes, as he didn't know the first thing about fashion.
We live in a remote desert town, so we had to drive two and a half hours to a city with a mall. It was a productive day, and we heading home in the late evening. In the middle of the Mojave desert, the car started to overheat. I pulled over to let it cool down. (This was obviously before cell phones, so we couldn't call anyone.) I had some water in the trunk, and I thought the radiator had cooled enough to put some in.
I didn't know this until later, but my aunt was alerted by the Holy Spirit to pray for us at the time we pulled over--around 10 pm. She had a vision of me pulled over to the side of the road, and looking in the trunk. She prayed that God would send angels to help us.
While I was outside of the car, a southbound car (we were pointed north) passed us, slowed down, made a U turn, and pulled up behind us. I jumped back in the car quickly and locked the doors!! A overweight with long hair, tattoos, and a sleeveless T-shirt came up to my window. He asked us if we needed any help. I said no, we were fine...I was just waiting for the car to cool off and I would put some water in it. He asked again if I was sure we didn't need any help. Although he was extremely polite, I was frightened of him because he was a stranger (and, well, he also looked a little scary), so I said no, we were fine. He returned to his car and drove away. I didn't notice the other passenger, but Lori said there was an elderly woman with him.
The weird thing is he just drove north. We waited for the car to turn around and head south in the original direction. We never saw the car pass by us again. It was like we were their destination!
Through a series of short drives, cool offs, and short drives, we made to the next town and called my dad, who came and got us. When I returned home, I learned about my aunt's vision and prayer for us. There is no doubt that we were offered help by an angel.
My dear aunt, obviously a very spiritual woman passed away on Christmas morning, 2006, just 3 weeks ago. I believe with all my heart she is now engaged in an intercessory prayer ministry full time now as a saint in heaven.
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 151 - 200 of 329
- Open My Eyes, by Marian Grace
- Wrong place at the right time, by Kelly
- Almost Hit by a Trailer, by Judith G.
- Faith, by Belinda
- Angel at Concert, by John Green
- The lady with the glasses, by Diana
- War in Heaven, by Yohan ben Mich-el
- Angel visit after surgery, by Jen Duran
- Angels working overtime, by R. Norman
- A Miracle for Daddy, by DeNeen Grant Meyers
- An angel who came in a dream , by Janet Lachance
- A Cool Touch, by Forrest Walker
- Blow of an Angel, by May S. Pagkatipunan, Sta. Mesa Manila, Philippines
- A Voice Saved me, by Judith G.
- My Angel, by deb
- The family angel, by Julie Brown-Williams
- Healing in His Wings, by Lisa Twilley
- A rose from dad, by Maggie Castaneda
- life saver , by paul
- saved, by anon
- An angels blessing, by
- Angel In a Uniform, by LaVon Mauck
- ball of light, by mariadelosangeles
- BEAMING HAPPINESS, by abby
- stranded, by jtownbit
- Angel by my Side, by Nicolas Ramon
- Healing Miracle, by Evangelina
- Angel over my shoulder, by Kathleen Young
- My Angel, by Julia Ardon
- reassuring angel, by Maggie
- baby angel, by Michelle Gabrielle
- The Love of Christ, by j.t.
- Touch of a hand, by Therese Scott
- Angel in the light of God, by Sarah Brooks
- Curtain Call/ Top of the Mark, by ST Wein
- Choosing the Path, by Bill Hofmann
- Miss Jane, by Thomas M
- Angelic Eyes, by Daniel M.
- I think I was my guardian angel!, by Peggy Atatise
- My mother passed away but she still visits me, by Jonio Hernandez
- one call, by gloria barrera
- My beloved Dad is my Guardian Angel, by Rita Henry
- The Great Angel, by K. G.
- In the hands of my Guardian Angel, by Abiola Adelakun
- Hospital Angel, by Diane Mechling
- Angel Wings, by Maria Sanchez
- site of spirits, by John Tankersley
- Angels walk among us too., by Chaz Kraiza
- Saved by an angel, by Kevin Coyne
- A Lesson, by Rey Aranas
Saint Feast Days by Month
Abbot and miracle worker, called "the Wise." Born in Capua, Italy, he became a monk in Monte Cassino and was called to the attention of a Princess Aloara of the region. When she built a new ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Saint Veronica is known as the woman who offered a cloth to Jesus so He could wipe His face on the way to His crucifixion. The cloth is believed to exist today in the Vatican and is considered one of the most treasured relics of the Church. Saint Veronica is not ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
St. Zita was born into a poor but holy Christian family. Her older sister became a Cistercian nun and her uncle Graziano was a hermit whom the local people regarded as a saint. Zita herself always tried to do God's will obediently whenever it was pointed out to her by ... continue reading
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
The most kids know of St. Patrick 's Day is that you must wear green or you'll get a pinch from your friends. Adults see the day as an occasion to celebrate, sometimes with green beer and other assorted alcoholic beverages. However, few really know what they are ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
More Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- 'Living Lent': Friday of the Third Week of Lent - Day 24
- What happened during the London terror attack? HD Video
- Outrage as Catholic University erected CROSSES on their own property ...
- St. Aldemar: Saint of the Day for Friday, March 24, 2017
- Daily Readings for Friday, March 24, 2017
- Why is this 14-foot statue of Our Lady underwater?
- Daily Reading for Saturday, March 25th, 2017 HD Video
- Pope Francis prays for Westminster terror attack victims HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, March 24th, 2017 HD
- Adorable girl captured stealing Pope Francis' hat in hilarious footage HD
- Supreme court nominee faces tough questions on religious freedom during confirmation hearings HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.