Car Trouble and Angels to Assist - Angel Stories
Location: California USA
A little over 20 years ago, I was involved in a prison ministry for awhile. The leader of the ministry has recently lost his wife to lupus. He had teenage daughters and the younger of the two, Lori, was entering Junior High School in the Fall. He asked me if I would take her shopping for school clothes, as he didn't know the first thing about fashion.
We live in a remote desert town, so we had to drive two and a half hours to a city with a mall. It was a productive day, and we heading home in the late evening. In the middle of the Mojave desert, the car started to overheat. I pulled over to let it cool down. (This was obviously before cell phones, so we couldn't call anyone.) I had some water in the trunk, and I thought the radiator had cooled enough to put some in.
I didn't know this until later, but my aunt was alerted by the Holy Spirit to pray for us at the time we pulled over--around 10 pm. She had a vision of me pulled over to the side of the road, and looking in the trunk. She prayed that God would send angels to help us.
While I was outside of the car, a southbound car (we were pointed north) passed us, slowed down, made a U turn, and pulled up behind us. I jumped back in the car quickly and locked the doors!! A overweight with long hair, tattoos, and a sleeveless T-shirt came up to my window. He asked us if we needed any help. I said no, we were fine...I was just waiting for the car to cool off and I would put some water in it. He asked again if I was sure we didn't need any help. Although he was extremely polite, I was frightened of him because he was a stranger (and, well, he also looked a little scary), so I said no, we were fine. He returned to his car and drove away. I didn't notice the other passenger, but Lori said there was an elderly woman with him.
The weird thing is he just drove north. We waited for the car to turn around and head south in the original direction. We never saw the car pass by us again. It was like we were their destination!
Through a series of short drives, cool offs, and short drives, we made to the next town and called my dad, who came and got us. When I returned home, I learned about my aunt's vision and prayer for us. There is no doubt that we were offered help by an angel.
My dear aunt, obviously a very spiritual woman passed away on Christmas morning, 2006, just 3 weeks ago. I believe with all my heart she is now engaged in an intercessory prayer ministry full time now as a saint in heaven.
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 151 - 200 of 328
- Wrong place at the right time, by Kelly
- Almost Hit by a Trailer, by Judith G.
- Faith, by Belinda
- Angel at Concert, by John Green
- The lady with the glasses, by Diana
- War in Heaven, by Yohan ben Mich-el
- Angel visit after surgery, by Jen Duran
- Angels working overtime, by R. Norman
- A Miracle for Daddy, by DeNeen Grant Meyers
- An angel who came in a dream , by Janet Lachance
- A Cool Touch, by Forrest Walker
- Blow of an Angel, by May S. Pagkatipunan, Sta. Mesa Manila, Philippines
- A Voice Saved me, by Judith G.
- My Angel, by deb
- The family angel, by Julie Brown-Williams
- Healing in His Wings, by Lisa Twilley
- A rose from dad, by Maggie Castaneda
- life saver , by paul
- saved, by anon
- An angels blessing, by
- Angel In a Uniform, by LaVon Mauck
- ball of light, by mariadelosangeles
- BEAMING HAPPINESS, by abby
- stranded, by jtownbit
- Angel by my Side, by Nicolas Ramon
- Healing Miracle, by Evangelina
- Angel over my shoulder, by Kathleen Young
- My Angel, by Julia Ardon
- reassuring angel, by Maggie
- baby angel, by Michelle Gabrielle
- The Love of Christ, by j.t.
- Touch of a hand, by Therese Scott
- Angel in the light of God, by Sarah Brooks
- Curtain Call/ Top of the Mark, by ST Wein
- Choosing the Path, by Bill Hofmann
- Miss Jane, by Thomas M
- Angelic Eyes, by Daniel M.
- I think I was my guardian angel!, by Peggy Atatise
- My mother passed away but she still visits me, by Jonio Hernandez
- one call, by gloria barrera
- My beloved Dad is my Guardian Angel, by Rita Henry
- The Great Angel, by K. G.
- In the hands of my Guardian Angel, by Abiola Adelakun
- Hospital Angel, by Diane Mechling
- Angel Wings, by Maria Sanchez
- site of spirits, by John Tankersley
- Angels walk among us too., by Chaz Kraiza
- Saved by an angel, by Kevin Coyne
- A Lesson, by Rey Aranas
- my angel was sent to save me, by Carlos Perez
Saint Feast Days by Month
Sts. Cosmas and Damian were brothers, born in Arabia, who had become eminent for their skill in the science of medicine. Being Christians, they were filled with the spirit of charity and never took ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Saint Emma, also known as Emma of Lesum, or Emma of Stiepel, lived in the city that is Bremen today. She is the first female inhabitant of the city to be known by name. Emma lived in the early 11th century, and was born into the Immedinger family. The Immedingers were ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
St. Bernadette was born in Lourdes, France on January 7, 1844. Her parents were very poor and she was the first of nine children. She was baptized at St. Pierre's, the local parish church, on January 9. As a toddler, Bernadette contracted cholera and suffered extreme ... continue reading
In the year 1400, a young man came to the door of the largest hospital in Siena. A plague was raging through the city so horrible that as many as twenty people died each day just in the hospital alone. And many of the people who died were those who were needed to tend ... continue reading
By Deacon Frederick Bartels
Why is the Assumption important? First, lets look at what this dogma is all about. On 1 November, 1950, Pope Pius XII issued the Apostolic Constitution Munificentissimus Deus in which he proclaimed the dogma of the Assumption: "Mary, the immaculate perpetually Virgin ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Trump speech rocks NFL as more players protest during Anthem HD Video
- Humanitarian crisis worsens in Puerto Rico HD Video
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, September 26, 2017
- Prayers for Puerto Rico - Residents without food, water or ...
- Church tricked into hosting satanic fashion show
- Pope Francis speaks about 'Love of Neighbor'
- Sts. Cosmas & Damian: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, September 26, 2017
- john the baptist
- saint anne
- hail holy queen
- saint elizabeth
- saint paul
- saint christopher
- st mary
- nicene creed
- our lady of guadalupe
- saint francis of assisi
- young children
- Saint Nicole
- st. michael
- saint francis
- st nicholas
- all saints day
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, September 27th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, September 26th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, September 25th, 2017 HD
- Woman photographs angel in flight, is it here to deliver a message? HD