An angel heard my prayer - Angel Stories
By: Maria Cabral
Location: Warren, RI USA
It was the winter of 2000. I was driving home to pick up my daughter. The weather was clear and cold, but the streets of New England were covered in a mix of sand and ice. I was driving on the highway when I realized I hadn't put my seatbelt on. I reached across my shoulder and put on my seat belt. Then I reached over to the passenger seat to grab my phone, I was going to call my daughter's father to let him know I was on my way to pick her up. Just then I looked up to see that a large vehicle had cut infront of my car. I swerved to avoid hitting the car and lost control of my own car. By the time I had my car straightened out, I was on the wrong side of the barrier wall and headed for a hill of snow. I held onto the stearing wheel, closed my eyes, and said in a low calm voice, "God, help me." For the next few minutes, there was darkness and calm. I could feel my body being tossed inside my car. Once I regained conciousness, I realized my car had come to a stop among some trees. For the next few minutes, I tried to get out of my car. Somehow police and rescue crews arrived at the scene of my accident. Everyone thought that I was dead because of the condition of my vehicle, which had rolled over several times. My car was a convertible and no longer had a roof. I went in and out of conciousness. Still, I remember a woman praying along side me in a language other than English, yet I understood her every word. She continued to pray the Hail Mary while I was hoisted into the ambulance. I never saw her, but I felt her presence and I heard her as clear as the sirens. I was treated in the hospital for a broken nose and head lacerations, and was released the following day.
After talking to and thanking the officer and rescue personnel from the scene of my accident, I asked if anyone got the name of the woman who stayed with me and prayed for me. No one saw anyone. Everyone at the accident insisted that the only women there were myself and the officer.
I have faith that God heard my prayers. My Guardian Angel was with me and is the reason I survived that accident. Why did I put on my seat belt just moments before the accident? Why was I so calm when I called on God to help me? Who was praying for me? What language were they speaking, and how could I understand?
I cannot answer with fact, but only with faith. I believe in angels, and my guardian angel. The Lord knew it was not my time to go, my children still need me.
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 151 - 200 of 328
- Wrong place at the right time, by Kelly
- Almost Hit by a Trailer, by Judith G.
- Faith, by Belinda
- Angel at Concert, by John Green
- The lady with the glasses, by Diana
- War in Heaven, by Yohan ben Mich-el
- Angel visit after surgery, by Jen Duran
- Angels working overtime, by R. Norman
- A Miracle for Daddy, by DeNeen Grant Meyers
- An angel who came in a dream , by Janet Lachance
- A Cool Touch, by Forrest Walker
- Blow of an Angel, by May S. Pagkatipunan, Sta. Mesa Manila, Philippines
- A Voice Saved me, by Judith G.
- My Angel, by deb
- The family angel, by Julie Brown-Williams
- Healing in His Wings, by Lisa Twilley
- A rose from dad, by Maggie Castaneda
- life saver , by paul
- saved, by anon
- An angels blessing, by
- Angel In a Uniform, by LaVon Mauck
- ball of light, by mariadelosangeles
- BEAMING HAPPINESS, by abby
- stranded, by jtownbit
- Angel by my Side, by Nicolas Ramon
- Healing Miracle, by Evangelina
- Angel over my shoulder, by Kathleen Young
- My Angel, by Julia Ardon
- reassuring angel, by Maggie
- baby angel, by Michelle Gabrielle
- The Love of Christ, by j.t.
- Touch of a hand, by Therese Scott
- Angel in the light of God, by Sarah Brooks
- Curtain Call/ Top of the Mark, by ST Wein
- Choosing the Path, by Bill Hofmann
- Miss Jane, by Thomas M
- Angelic Eyes, by Daniel M.
- I think I was my guardian angel!, by Peggy Atatise
- My mother passed away but she still visits me, by Jonio Hernandez
- one call, by gloria barrera
- My beloved Dad is my Guardian Angel, by Rita Henry
- The Great Angel, by K. G.
- In the hands of my Guardian Angel, by Abiola Adelakun
- Hospital Angel, by Diane Mechling
- Angel Wings, by Maria Sanchez
- site of spirits, by John Tankersley
- Angels walk among us too., by Chaz Kraiza
- Saved by an angel, by Kevin Coyne
- A Lesson, by Rey Aranas
- my angel was sent to save me, by Carlos Perez
Saint Feast Days by Month
Abbot and disciple of St. Anthony the Great, companion of St. Hesychius. He was born in Tabatha, Palestine, and was educated in Alexandria, Egypt. He stayed with St. Anthony in the desert there ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
An elder Mexican man makes his way to Mass in the early morning twilight of December 9, 1531. He is a peasant, a simple farmer and laborer, and he has no education. Born under Aztec rule, he is a convert to Catholicism, and each step he takes this morning is a step ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Pope from 461-468 and guardian of Church unity. He was born in Sardinia, Italy, and was a papal legate to the Robber Council of Ephesus in 449, barely escaping with his life from this affair. Hilary was used by Pope St. Leo I the Great on many assignments. When Leo ... continue reading
Father Hubert Schiffer, (1915 - March 27, 1982) was one of eight German Jesuits who survived the bomb dropped on Hiroshima. He was only eight blocks away from ground zero when the explosion occurred. Some Catholics believe the survival of the priests to have been a ... continue reading
By Marshall Connolly (CALIFORNIA NETWORK)
Archaeologists suspect they have found the tomb of the actual saint behind Santa Claus. The saint, who was thought to be in Italy until now, may still be under the floor of a church in turkey. LOS ANGELES, CA (California Network) -- The saint who would be known as ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Day 1 - Novena to the Saints in Heaven for the saints on earth HD Video
- Pope continues work toward reconciliation with Methodists
- Daily Readings for Sunday, October 22, 2017
- Evil George Soros transfers $18 billion to support abortion, destroy ...
- St. Pope John Paul II: Saint of the Day for Sunday, October 22, 2017
- Day 2 - Novena to the Saints in Heaven for the saints on earth HD Video
- Will Europe return to its Christian roots?
- Evil money - George Soros pays to start a revolution in America HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, October 25th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, October 23rd, 2017 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way