An angel heard my prayer - Angel Stories
By: Maria Cabral
Location: Warren, RI USA
It was the winter of 2000. I was driving home to pick up my daughter. The weather was clear and cold, but the streets of New England were covered in a mix of sand and ice. I was driving on the highway when I realized I hadn't put my seatbelt on. I reached across my shoulder and put on my seat belt. Then I reached over to the passenger seat to grab my phone, I was going to call my daughter's father to let him know I was on my way to pick her up. Just then I looked up to see that a large vehicle had cut infront of my car. I swerved to avoid hitting the car and lost control of my own car. By the time I had my car straightened out, I was on the wrong side of the barrier wall and headed for a hill of snow. I held onto the stearing wheel, closed my eyes, and said in a low calm voice, "God, help me." For the next few minutes, there was darkness and calm. I could feel my body being tossed inside my car. Once I regained conciousness, I realized my car had come to a stop among some trees. For the next few minutes, I tried to get out of my car. Somehow police and rescue crews arrived at the scene of my accident. Everyone thought that I was dead because of the condition of my vehicle, which had rolled over several times. My car was a convertible and no longer had a roof. I went in and out of conciousness. Still, I remember a woman praying along side me in a language other than English, yet I understood her every word. She continued to pray the Hail Mary while I was hoisted into the ambulance. I never saw her, but I felt her presence and I heard her as clear as the sirens. I was treated in the hospital for a broken nose and head lacerations, and was released the following day.
After talking to and thanking the officer and rescue personnel from the scene of my accident, I asked if anyone got the name of the woman who stayed with me and prayed for me. No one saw anyone. Everyone at the accident insisted that the only women there were myself and the officer.
I have faith that God heard my prayers. My Guardian Angel was with me and is the reason I survived that accident. Why did I put on my seat belt just moments before the accident? Why was I so calm when I called on God to help me? Who was praying for me? What language were they speaking, and how could I understand?
I cannot answer with fact, but only with faith. I believe in angels, and my guardian angel. The Lord knew it was not my time to go, my children still need me.
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 151 - 200 of 329
- Open My Eyes, by Marian Grace
- Wrong place at the right time, by Kelly
- Almost Hit by a Trailer, by Judith G.
- Faith, by Belinda
- Angel at Concert, by John Green
- The lady with the glasses, by Diana
- War in Heaven, by Yohan ben Mich-el
- Angel visit after surgery, by Jen Duran
- Angels working overtime, by R. Norman
- A Miracle for Daddy, by DeNeen Grant Meyers
- An angel who came in a dream , by Janet Lachance
- A Cool Touch, by Forrest Walker
- Blow of an Angel, by May S. Pagkatipunan, Sta. Mesa Manila, Philippines
- A Voice Saved me, by Judith G.
- My Angel, by deb
- The family angel, by Julie Brown-Williams
- Healing in His Wings, by Lisa Twilley
- A rose from dad, by Maggie Castaneda
- life saver , by paul
- saved, by anon
- An angels blessing, by
- Angel In a Uniform, by LaVon Mauck
- ball of light, by mariadelosangeles
- BEAMING HAPPINESS, by abby
- stranded, by jtownbit
- Angel by my Side, by Nicolas Ramon
- Healing Miracle, by Evangelina
- Angel over my shoulder, by Kathleen Young
- My Angel, by Julia Ardon
- reassuring angel, by Maggie
- baby angel, by Michelle Gabrielle
- The Love of Christ, by j.t.
- Touch of a hand, by Therese Scott
- Angel in the light of God, by Sarah Brooks
- Curtain Call/ Top of the Mark, by ST Wein
- Choosing the Path, by Bill Hofmann
- Miss Jane, by Thomas M
- Angelic Eyes, by Daniel M.
- I think I was my guardian angel!, by Peggy Atatise
- My mother passed away but she still visits me, by Jonio Hernandez
- one call, by gloria barrera
- My beloved Dad is my Guardian Angel, by Rita Henry
- The Great Angel, by K. G.
- In the hands of my Guardian Angel, by Abiola Adelakun
- Hospital Angel, by Diane Mechling
- Angel Wings, by Maria Sanchez
- site of spirits, by John Tankersley
- Angels walk among us too., by Chaz Kraiza
- Saved by an angel, by Kevin Coyne
- A Lesson, by Rey Aranas
Saint Feast Days by Month
All that is known of Dismas is that he is the Good Thief crucified with Christ on Calvary. The other thief is known as Gestas. A completely unsubstantiated myth from the Arabic Gospel of the Infancy ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
St. Agnes of Rome was born in 291 AD and raised in a Christian family. Agnes was very beautiful and belonged to a wealthy family. Her hand in marriage was highly sought after, and she had many high ranking men chasing after her. However, Agnes made a promise to God ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
The second Gospel was written by St. Mark, who, in the New Testament, is sometimes called John Mark. Both he and his mother, Mary, were highly esteemed in the early Church, and his mother's house in Jerusalem served as a meeting place for Christians there. St. Mark ... continue reading
Louise de Marillac was born probably at Ferrieres-en-Brie near Meux, France, on August 12, 1591. She was educated by the Dominican nuns at Poissy. She desired to become a nun but on the advice of her confessor, she married Antony LeGras, an official in the Queen's ... continue reading
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
The most kids know of St. Patrick 's Day is that you must wear green or you'll get a pinch from your friends. Adults see the day as an occasion to celebrate, sometimes with green beer and other assorted alcoholic beverages. However, few really know what they are ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
More Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Sunday, March 26, 2017
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, March 28th, 2017 HD Video
- 'Living Lent': Monday of the Fourth Week of Lent - Day 27
- 'Living Lent': Saturday of the Third Week of Lent - Day 25
- 'Living Lent': Sunday of the Fourth Week of Lent - Day 26
- St. Margaret Clitherow: Saint of the Day for Sunday, March 26, 2017
- Daily Reading for Sunday, March 26th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Monday, March 27th, 2017 HD
- Adorable girl captured stealing Pope Francis' hat in hilarious footage HD
- Cause of cancer detected from unexpected and unpreventable element HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, March 25th, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.