Driving with angels... - Angel Stories
By: Lori Leissner
Location: Austin Tx USA
My faith in God and Angels has been tested many times. My faith was restored one afternoon while driving from Austin to San Antonio after a long 12 hour shift at work.
Most highways have those annoying bumps, or ridges carved in the pavement along both sides of the highway. Their purpose is to alert you that you are too close to the edge of the highway when you are driving. Great alarms for people who fall asleep. After working a long shift overnight, I drove my family to San Antonio to attend a holiday celebration. I popped in a cd to keep me awake. My children had dosed off in the backseat, and my husband was resting in the passenger seat. I glanced down at the player, and set it to track 3, moved over to the far left to get into the fast lane.
I remember driving, and singing to the song. I remember tilting my head back to rest, my neck had started to hurt. There is a section on this highway that has no ridges, and on this section there is a stone wall where a river runs under the bridge. I opened my eyes and saw my car maybe 5 inches from that stone wall. As my heart dropped into my stomach, and my foot slammed on the brake...I realized in that split second that my life and the lives of the people I love most were almost gone. My car stopped, I looked back at my kids, looked at my husband, and looked at the track number on the cd player. It was on 5.
I have no idea how long I was asleep, no idea how I crossed through three lanes on the highway without crashing, and no idea what woke me up. There were no ridges, no loud noises, no horns honking, nothing. Just music playing. Nothing that would have caused me to wake up and realize that I was about to crash into a wall and go over a bridge.
Angels were in the car. God was watching. They were there with us that day, and they woke me up just in time. I truly believe that we are blessed, and that there are angels watching us. There was nothing else that could have kept us from crashing, or woken me up that morning.....nothing but the love of God and his watchful Angels. My faith was restored.
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 151 - 200 of 328
- Wrong place at the right time, by Kelly
- Almost Hit by a Trailer, by Judith G.
- Faith, by Belinda
- Angel at Concert, by John Green
- The lady with the glasses, by Diana
- War in Heaven, by Yohan ben Mich-el
- Angel visit after surgery, by Jen Duran
- Angels working overtime, by R. Norman
- A Miracle for Daddy, by DeNeen Grant Meyers
- An angel who came in a dream , by Janet Lachance
- A Cool Touch, by Forrest Walker
- Blow of an Angel, by May S. Pagkatipunan, Sta. Mesa Manila, Philippines
- A Voice Saved me, by Judith G.
- My Angel, by deb
- The family angel, by Julie Brown-Williams
- Healing in His Wings, by Lisa Twilley
- A rose from dad, by Maggie Castaneda
- life saver , by paul
- saved, by anon
- An angels blessing, by
- Angel In a Uniform, by LaVon Mauck
- ball of light, by mariadelosangeles
- BEAMING HAPPINESS, by abby
- stranded, by jtownbit
- Angel by my Side, by Nicolas Ramon
- Healing Miracle, by Evangelina
- Angel over my shoulder, by Kathleen Young
- My Angel, by Julia Ardon
- reassuring angel, by Maggie
- baby angel, by Michelle Gabrielle
- The Love of Christ, by j.t.
- Touch of a hand, by Therese Scott
- Angel in the light of God, by Sarah Brooks
- Curtain Call/ Top of the Mark, by ST Wein
- Choosing the Path, by Bill Hofmann
- Miss Jane, by Thomas M
- Angelic Eyes, by Daniel M.
- I think I was my guardian angel!, by Peggy Atatise
- My mother passed away but she still visits me, by Jonio Hernandez
- one call, by gloria barrera
- My beloved Dad is my Guardian Angel, by Rita Henry
- The Great Angel, by K. G.
- In the hands of my Guardian Angel, by Abiola Adelakun
- Hospital Angel, by Diane Mechling
- Angel Wings, by Maria Sanchez
- site of spirits, by John Tankersley
- Angels walk among us too., by Chaz Kraiza
- Saved by an angel, by Kevin Coyne
- A Lesson, by Rey Aranas
- my angel was sent to save me, by Carlos Perez
Saint Feast Days by Month
Sts. Cosmas and Damian were brothers, born in Arabia, who had become eminent for their skill in the science of medicine. Being Christians, they were filled with the spirit of charity and never took ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
St. Clare of Assisi was born in Assisi on July 16, 1194, as Chiara Offreduccio, the beautiful eldest daughter of Favorino Sciffi, Count of Sasso-Rosso and his wife Ortolana. Tradition says her father was a wealthy representative of an ancient Roman family and her ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
St. Francis de Sales was born to a noble family at Chateau de Sales in the Kingdom of Savoy near Geneva, Switzerland on August 21, 1567. He was a Bishop and Doctor of the Church. Francis was both intelligent and gentle. From a very early age, he desired to serve God. ... continue reading
Francis was born at Paola, Italy and was educated at the Franciscan friary of San Marco there, and when fifteen became a hermit near Paola. In 1436, he and two companions began a community that is considered the foundation of the Minim Friars. He built a monastery ... continue reading
By Deacon Frederick Bartels
Why is the Assumption important? First, lets look at what this dogma is all about. On 1 November, 1950, Pope Pius XII issued the Apostolic Constitution Munificentissimus Deus in which he proclaimed the dogma of the Assumption: "Mary, the immaculate perpetually Virgin ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Prayers for Puerto Rico - Residents without food, water or ...
- North Korea moves warplanes to intercept American bombers
- Intro to Novena to Our Lady of Fatima for Conversion HD Video
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, September 27, 2017
- Daily Reading for Thursday, September 28th, 2017 HD Video
- St. Vincent de Paul: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, September 27, 2017
- Pope Francis speaks about 'Love of Neighbor'
- Humanitarian crisis worsens in Puerto Rico HD
- Trump speech rocks NFL as more players protest during Anthem HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, September 27th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, September 26th, 2017 HD