In order to break the cycle of poverty, we must first start with the heart. Catholic Online School is something very special, providing FREE Catholic Education to anyone, anywhere. Learn more about the Catholic Online School
Help us create new hope with your donation. This year, please consider making a donation of $5, $20, $50 or whatever you can to support Catholic Online School. Support Catholic Online School
Driving with angels... - Angel Stories
By: Lori Leissner
Location: Austin Tx USA
My faith in God and Angels has been tested many times. My faith was restored one afternoon while driving from Austin to San Antonio after a long 12 hour shift at work.
Most highways have those annoying bumps, or ridges carved in the pavement along both sides of the highway. Their purpose is to alert you that you are too close to the edge of the highway when you are driving. Great alarms for people who fall asleep. After working a long shift overnight, I drove my family to San Antonio to attend a holiday celebration. I popped in a cd to keep me awake. My children had dosed off in the backseat, and my husband was resting in the passenger seat. I glanced down at the player, and set it to track 3, moved over to the far left to get into the fast lane.
I remember driving, and singing to the song. I remember tilting my head back to rest, my neck had started to hurt. There is a section on this highway that has no ridges, and on this section there is a stone wall where a river runs under the bridge. I opened my eyes and saw my car maybe 5 inches from that stone wall. As my heart dropped into my stomach, and my foot slammed on the brake...I realized in that split second that my life and the lives of the people I love most were almost gone. My car stopped, I looked back at my kids, looked at my husband, and looked at the track number on the cd player. It was on 5.
I have no idea how long I was asleep, no idea how I crossed through three lanes on the highway without crashing, and no idea what woke me up. There were no ridges, no loud noises, no horns honking, nothing. Just music playing. Nothing that would have caused me to wake up and realize that I was about to crash into a wall and go over a bridge.
Angels were in the car. God was watching. They were there with us that day, and they woke me up just in time. I truly believe that we are blessed, and that there are angels watching us. There was nothing else that could have kept us from crashing, or woken me up that morning.....nothing but the love of God and his watchful Angels. My faith was restored.
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 151 - 200 of 328
- Wrong place at the right time, by Kelly
- Almost Hit by a Trailer, by Judith G.
- Faith, by Belinda
- Angel at Concert, by John Green
- The lady with the glasses, by Diana
- War in Heaven, by Yohan ben Mich-el
- Angel visit after surgery, by Jen Duran
- Angels working overtime, by R. Norman
- A Miracle for Daddy, by DeNeen Grant Meyers
- An angel who came in a dream , by Janet Lachance
- A Cool Touch, by Forrest Walker
- Blow of an Angel, by May S. Pagkatipunan, Sta. Mesa Manila, Philippines
- A Voice Saved me, by Judith G.
- My Angel, by deb
- The family angel, by Julie Brown-Williams
- Healing in His Wings, by Lisa Twilley
- A rose from dad, by Maggie Castaneda
- life saver , by paul
- saved, by anon
- An angels blessing, by
- Angel In a Uniform, by LaVon Mauck
- ball of light, by mariadelosangeles
- BEAMING HAPPINESS, by abby
- stranded, by jtownbit
- Angel by my Side, by Nicolas Ramon
- Healing Miracle, by Evangelina
- Angel over my shoulder, by Kathleen Young
- My Angel, by Julia Ardon
- reassuring angel, by Maggie
- baby angel, by Michelle Gabrielle
- The Love of Christ, by j.t.
- Touch of a hand, by Therese Scott
- Angel in the light of God, by Sarah Brooks
- Curtain Call/ Top of the Mark, by ST Wein
- Choosing the Path, by Bill Hofmann
- Miss Jane, by Thomas M
- Angelic Eyes, by Daniel M.
- I think I was my guardian angel!, by Peggy Atatise
- My mother passed away but she still visits me, by Jonio Hernandez
- one call, by gloria barrera
- My beloved Dad is my Guardian Angel, by Rita Henry
- The Great Angel, by K. G.
- In the hands of my Guardian Angel, by Abiola Adelakun
- Hospital Angel, by Diane Mechling
- Angel Wings, by Maria Sanchez
- site of spirits, by John Tankersley
- Angels walk among us too., by Chaz Kraiza
- Saved by an angel, by Kevin Coyne
- A Lesson, by Rey Aranas
- my angel was sent to save me, by Carlos Perez
Saint Feast Days by Month
Also known as Paul the First Hermit and Paul of Thebes, an Egyptian hermit and friend of St. Jerome. Born in Lower The baid, Egypt, he was left an orphan at about the age of fifteen and hid during ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
St. Mary Magdalene is one of the greatest saints of the Bible and a legendary example of God's mercy and grace. The precise dates of her birth and death are unknown, but we do know she was present with Christ during his public ministry, death and resurrection. She is ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
The "Great Martyr," and the leader of converts in the Roman army. While serving as a tribune in the army of General Galerius, Andrew and his men faced a battle with a Persian host. Calling upon Christ for aid, the Romans were victorious. Andrew and some of his troops ... continue reading
St. Angela Merici was an Italian religious educator and founder of the Ursulines whose deep prayer life and relationship with the Lord bore the fruit of mystical encounters with God. She was born on March 21, 1474 in Desenzano, a small town on the shore of Lake Garda ... continue reading
By Antonio Anup Gonsalves (CNA)
For over four centuries, a historical and iconic miraculous statue of Jesus Christ carrying his Cross has become an emblem of passion, struggle and faith for Filipino Catholics. Manila, Philippines (CNA) - The life-size statue of Jesus is enshrined in the famous minor ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, January 17th, 2018 HD Video
- Twitter Ban: Censorship on "a way of talking" -- does that include ...
- Welcome the stranger without fear!
- Honoring Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, Christian Leader and Human Rights ...
- St. Fursey: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, January 16, 2018
- The nuns who witnessed the life and passing of Dr. King
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, January 16, 2018
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, January 16th, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, January 15th, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, January 14th, 2018 HD
- President Trump orders stealth bombers to Guam in greatest show of force yet HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way