Driving with angels... - Angel Stories
By: Lori Leissner
Location: Austin Tx USA
My faith in God and Angels has been tested many times. My faith was restored one afternoon while driving from Austin to San Antonio after a long 12 hour shift at work.
Most highways have those annoying bumps, or ridges carved in the pavement along both sides of the highway. Their purpose is to alert you that you are too close to the edge of the highway when you are driving. Great alarms for people who fall asleep. After working a long shift overnight, I drove my family to San Antonio to attend a holiday celebration. I popped in a cd to keep me awake. My children had dosed off in the backseat, and my husband was resting in the passenger seat. I glanced down at the player, and set it to track 3, moved over to the far left to get into the fast lane.
I remember driving, and singing to the song. I remember tilting my head back to rest, my neck had started to hurt. There is a section on this highway that has no ridges, and on this section there is a stone wall where a river runs under the bridge. I opened my eyes and saw my car maybe 5 inches from that stone wall. As my heart dropped into my stomach, and my foot slammed on the brake...I realized in that split second that my life and the lives of the people I love most were almost gone. My car stopped, I looked back at my kids, looked at my husband, and looked at the track number on the cd player. It was on 5.
I have no idea how long I was asleep, no idea how I crossed through three lanes on the highway without crashing, and no idea what woke me up. There were no ridges, no loud noises, no horns honking, nothing. Just music playing. Nothing that would have caused me to wake up and realize that I was about to crash into a wall and go over a bridge.
Angels were in the car. God was watching. They were there with us that day, and they woke me up just in time. I truly believe that we are blessed, and that there are angels watching us. There was nothing else that could have kept us from crashing, or woken me up that morning.....nothing but the love of God and his watchful Angels. My faith was restored.
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 151 - 200 of 329
- Open My Eyes, by Marian Grace
- Wrong place at the right time, by Kelly
- Almost Hit by a Trailer, by Judith G.
- Faith, by Belinda
- Angel at Concert, by John Green
- The lady with the glasses, by Diana
- War in Heaven, by Yohan ben Mich-el
- Angel visit after surgery, by Jen Duran
- Angels working overtime, by R. Norman
- A Miracle for Daddy, by DeNeen Grant Meyers
- An angel who came in a dream , by Janet Lachance
- A Cool Touch, by Forrest Walker
- Blow of an Angel, by May S. Pagkatipunan, Sta. Mesa Manila, Philippines
- A Voice Saved me, by Judith G.
- My Angel, by deb
- The family angel, by Julie Brown-Williams
- Healing in His Wings, by Lisa Twilley
- A rose from dad, by Maggie Castaneda
- life saver , by paul
- saved, by anon
- An angels blessing, by
- Angel In a Uniform, by LaVon Mauck
- ball of light, by mariadelosangeles
- BEAMING HAPPINESS, by abby
- stranded, by jtownbit
- Angel by my Side, by Nicolas Ramon
- Healing Miracle, by Evangelina
- Angel over my shoulder, by Kathleen Young
- My Angel, by Julia Ardon
- reassuring angel, by Maggie
- baby angel, by Michelle Gabrielle
- The Love of Christ, by j.t.
- Touch of a hand, by Therese Scott
- Angel in the light of God, by Sarah Brooks
- Curtain Call/ Top of the Mark, by ST Wein
- Choosing the Path, by Bill Hofmann
- Miss Jane, by Thomas M
- Angelic Eyes, by Daniel M.
- I think I was my guardian angel!, by Peggy Atatise
- My mother passed away but she still visits me, by Jonio Hernandez
- one call, by gloria barrera
- My beloved Dad is my Guardian Angel, by Rita Henry
- The Great Angel, by K. G.
- In the hands of my Guardian Angel, by Abiola Adelakun
- Hospital Angel, by Diane Mechling
- Angel Wings, by Maria Sanchez
- site of spirits, by John Tankersley
- Angels walk among us too., by Chaz Kraiza
- Saved by an angel, by Kevin Coyne
- A Lesson, by Rey Aranas
Saint Feast Days by Month
Dominican preacher and missionary crusader. A native of Bergamo, Italy, he joined the Dominicans in 1319 and soon distinguished himself as a brilliant preacher, attracting huge crowds throughout ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Saint Teresa Benedicta of the Cross (Edith Stein)Virgin and Martyr Edith Stein, born in 1891 in Breslau, Poland, was the youngest child of a large Jewish family. She was an outstanding student and was well versed in philosophy with a particular interest in ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Sabas was born at Mutalaska, Cappadocia, near Caesarea. He was the son of an army officer there who when assigned to Alexandria, left him in the care of an uncle. Mistreated by his uncle's wife, Sabas ran away to another uncle, though he was only eight. When the two ... continue reading
Olympias born into a wealthy noble Constantinople family. She was orphaned when a child and was given over to the care of Theodosia by her uncle, the prefect Procopius. She married Nebridius, also a prefect, was widowed soon after, refused several offers of marriage, ... continue reading
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
The most kids know of St. Patrick 's Day is that you must wear green or you'll get a pinch from your friends. Adults see the day as an occasion to celebrate, sometimes with green beer and other assorted alcoholic beverages. However, few really know what they are ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
More Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, March 28, 2017
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, March 29th, 2017 HD Video
- 7 inspiring quotes to change your life forever
- Supermassive black hole discovered surfing gravitational wave HD Video
- 'Living Lent': Tuesday of the Fourth Week of Lent - Day 28
- St. Venturino of Bergamo: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, March 28, 2017
- Miracle baby defies odds after mother refuses doctors' abortion ...
- Catholic Archdiocese of Mexico calls out 'traitor' Mexicans HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, March 26th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, March 28th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, March 27th, 2017 HD
The Encyclical Letter of the Holy Father Francis
The Encyclical Letter of the Holy Father Francis - Laudato ... @ $0.00
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.