My Guardian Angel Encounter - Angel Stories
By: Doris Van Wiltenburg
The year was 2005. I was working
at a Catholic Hopspital. I loved my
job. I was working in Admitting.
I lived near a Catholic Store.
I would always go in there to buy
I made it a point to have several laminated
holy cards with the praying hands on the front of it. On the back it had
the Serenity Prayer. "God grant me the
serenity to accept the things I cannot
change. The courage to change the
things I can. And the wisdom to know
I always kept several of the prayer
cards in the pocket of my Blazer.
I purchased so many of the prayer
cards: One day the manager of the store waited on me and asked me why I purchased so many of them. I told her
what I used them for, and she told me to go back and get the same amount that I had bought. She matched whatever I bought. I thanked her, kindly.
Getting to the story about my Guardian Angel.
First of all, I was born on
October 2nd, the feast of the Guardian Angel. (Mine has helped me many times. I chose one of the times, which might have turned out fatal, had not
my Guardian Angel intervened.
I was scheduled to have a LtTKA,on Monday morning. For those of you who
don't know Medical Terminology, the
surgery was a Left Total Knee Arthroplasty. (Knee Replacement)
I was always in excruciating pain. Even a bedsheet would hurt my knee. I worked, but it was getting
to the point, where I almost needed to be in a wheel chair.
I met my daughter for dinner at my favorite restaurant. We had a nice
long visit and then, each headed home.
On the way home, I fell asleep at the wheel. I drifted into the oncoming traffic......All I remember, is that A car was coming Head-On towards me.
I swirved to the right, hit the car that was coming Right At me. I hit two other cars that were in the correct lane. IT REALLY WOKE ME UP!
When the police came, they had
asked me if I was alright. Actually, thanks to my Guardian Angel, I was
relatively okay. I had some bruises on me but it could have been a fatal accident.......if not for my Guardian Angel. Thank God and thanks to my
Blessed be my God Forever!
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 101 - 150 of 328
- Angel to the rescue, by Mary
- i saw the light of glory, by grace.p.
- Saved from death, by Sylvia
- saving an infant, by Amanda Allen
- PROTECTORS, by Paul
- the two, by kerry
- A Beautiful Glow, by Angela
- Not Just an Ordinary Man, by Summer DeFelice
- Relax, by William Jensen
- St. Raphael, by Richard M. Hanisits, M.Ed.
- No Title, by Amy
- clouds, by bob wintersons
- baby angel, by Anna
- Angels, by Debra Smith
- A Blessed Life, by Emma
- Saved by a legion of Angels, by Catherine Eisenhart
- My Wedding day, by Jennifer Smith Barras
- Dad, by Kathy Armstrong Alegria
- Archangel Gaberial, by Curt
- Angels by the road, by Holly B
- The Angel Who Lost Her Tree, by Joe DiMino
- SARAH, by Colleen Ferguson
- whatever you do to the least of my brothers, by Manny
- Angel in the crib, by Emma
- Angel of the Miraculous Medal, by Nicole Curry
- car accident, by Tiffany
- Highway Angel, by GilbertTX
- a brief glimpse, by valerie
- My Guardian Angel Encounter, by Doris Van Wiltenburg
- Out Of The Woods, by Carol Ross
- angel in the sky, by L. Hernandez
- Must go to church!, by Angela Lopez
- Car Angel, by LISA MENINO
- Vietnam War Miracle, by Sidney Mathious
- Miracle as a child playing, by Sidney Mathious
- angel walked with me all day, by ashlea
- The Dove, by Michael De La Cerda
- Peace, by Carrie
- A visit at night, by G. Milling
- While in France., by Nita C. Hicks
- Angel told me my mother would be ok, by Joe Genovese
- Road side assistance, by Joe Genovese
- The Blessed Mother in a dream, by D. Mather CA
- my story, by me
- saved by angel, by lisa badon
- Saved By An Angel, by Lisa
- Angel Kisses, by Sarah Malone
- Dream of a voice and white surroundings, by Mary in NJ
- Auto Accident, by MaryinNJ
- Open My Eyes, by Marian Grace
Saint Feast Days by Month
St. Ildephonsus is highly regarded in Spain and closely associated with devotion to the Blessed Virgin which he fostered by his famous work concerning her perpetual virginity. Born around 607, ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Little is known about the life of St. Philomena. However, it is believed she was a Greek princess who became a virgin martyr and died at 13-years-old. Remains of a young lady were discovered in May 1802 at the Catacombs of Priscilla on the Via Salaria Nova with three ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Winfrith had expected to return to England from Friesland (in what is now Holland) in triumph. He had left the land where he was a respected scholar, teacher, and priest because he was convinced he was called to missionary work. He had argued and pestered his abbot ... continue reading
Saint Birgitta was the daughter of Uppland's Lagman, Birger Petersson and his wife, Ingeborg, who was a member of the same clan as the reigning family. Birgitta's family was pious; her father went to confession every Friday and made long and arduous pilgrimages as far ... continue reading
By Antonio Anup Gonsalves (CNA)
For over four centuries, a historical and iconic miraculous statue of Jesus Christ carrying his Cross has become an emblem of passion, struggle and faith for Filipino Catholics. Manila, Philippines (CNA) - The life-size statue of Jesus is enshrined in the famous minor ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, January 23, 2018
- The government shutdown continues, but bombs still drop, surveillance ...
- The shocking numbers that reveal why poverty is here to stay HD Video
- Pope Francis in Peru invites us to be saints
- St. Ildephonsus: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, January 23, 2018
- Science is transforming the pro-life debate for the better HD Video
- Income inequality - Here's why world poverty and hunger remain a ...
- Daily Reading for Monday, January 22nd, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, January 23rd, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, January 21st, 2018 HD
- Jobless claims are down - what does that mean for workers? HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education