An angel who came in a dream - Angel Stories
By: Janet Lachance
My daughter in law Maura lost her beloved mom on March 16, 2006.
The previous holiday season 2005 was a particularly joyous one, when my son Chris and his wife Maura announced that they were expecting their first child the following August. Sadly, my daughter-in-law suffered a miscarriage shortly after the announcement. We were all deeply saddened by the loss of this much-wanted baby. Maura's mom, Gerry, was alive then and she offered loving support to her daughter and my son, and helped immensely during their process of healing. When Gerry died unexpectedly on March 16, 2006 of cardiac arrest, the family was once again devastated.
Months after Gerry's death, I dreamed that she and I were dancing in a green field to the tune "Miracles" (by Jefferson Starship.) Gerry held a blonde, blue-eyed little boy as she danced. I recanted the dream to my daughter-in-law and son, detailing the fact that in the dream both Gerry and I were wearing flowing hippie-style shirts. I should mention that I actually own the peach-colored shirt that I was wearing in the dream, and that the morning after the dream, when I turned on my car radio, the song "Miracles" was playing.
Months later when the family was feeling stronger, Maura and her siblings went through their mom's belongings, and gathered some sweaters and shirts that they thought I might be able to wear. They delivered these to me at their next visit. I could hardly speak when I found the IDENTICAL shirt to my peach-colored one that I'd worn in the dream--the one Gerry was wearing, only in an ivory color. It was the same to the tiniest detail of embroidery, with two hearts intertwined on the back shoulders. The tags were still on it.
The following year, Chris and Maura again announced a pregnancy. This time, the pregnancy culminated in the birth of my beautiful grandson, Keegan. He is 17 months old now, and he is the blonde blue-eyed little toddler that Gerry was dancing with in my dream. I am sure of it.
We miss Gerry more than words. Three years ago today we lost her, but she found a better place, and she still comes to us with "miracles."
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 101 - 150 of 328
- Angel to the rescue, by Mary
- i saw the light of glory, by grace.p.
- Saved from death, by Sylvia
- saving an infant, by Amanda Allen
- PROTECTORS, by Paul
- the two, by kerry
- A Beautiful Glow, by Angela
- Not Just an Ordinary Man, by Summer DeFelice
- Relax, by William Jensen
- St. Raphael, by Richard M. Hanisits, M.Ed.
- No Title, by Amy
- clouds, by bob wintersons
- baby angel, by Anna
- Angels, by Debra Smith
- A Blessed Life, by Emma
- Saved by a legion of Angels, by Catherine Eisenhart
- My Wedding day, by Jennifer Smith Barras
- Dad, by Kathy Armstrong Alegria
- Archangel Gaberial, by Curt
- Angels by the road, by Holly B
- The Angel Who Lost Her Tree, by Joe DiMino
- SARAH, by Colleen Ferguson
- whatever you do to the least of my brothers, by Manny
- Angel in the crib, by Emma
- Angel of the Miraculous Medal, by Nicole Curry
- car accident, by Tiffany
- Highway Angel, by GilbertTX
- a brief glimpse, by valerie
- My Guardian Angel Encounter, by Doris Van Wiltenburg
- Out Of The Woods, by Carol Ross
- angel in the sky, by L. Hernandez
- Must go to church!, by Angela Lopez
- Car Angel, by LISA MENINO
- Vietnam War Miracle, by Sidney Mathious
- Miracle as a child playing, by Sidney Mathious
- angel walked with me all day, by ashlea
- The Dove, by Michael De La Cerda
- Peace, by Carrie
- A visit at night, by G. Milling
- While in France., by Nita C. Hicks
- Angel told me my mother would be ok, by Joe Genovese
- Road side assistance, by Joe Genovese
- The Blessed Mother in a dream, by D. Mather CA
- my story, by me
- saved by angel, by lisa badon
- Saved By An Angel, by Lisa
- Angel Kisses, by Sarah Malone
- Dream of a voice and white surroundings, by Mary in NJ
- Auto Accident, by MaryinNJ
- Open My Eyes, by Marian Grace
Saint Feast Days by Month
Also called Hebed Jesus, a deacon in the Christian community of Persia who was caught up in the persecutions conducted by King Shapur II. Records indicate that Abdiesus was accompanied in his ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
St. Joan of Arc is the patroness of soldiers and of France. On January 6, 1412, Joan of Arc was born to pious parents of the French peasant class in the obscure village of Domremy, near the province of Lorraine. At a very early age, she was said to have heard the ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
All we know of Barnabas is to be found in the New Testament. A Jew, born in Cyprus and named Joseph, he sold his property, gave the proceeds to the Apostles, who gave him the name Barnabas, and lived in common with the earliest converts to Christianity in Jerusalem. He ... continue reading
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
The most kids know of St. Patrick 's Day is that you must wear green or you'll get a pinch from your friends. Adults see the day as an occasion to celebrate, sometimes with green beer and other assorted alcoholic beverages. However, few really know what they are ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
More Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Day 3 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD Video
- Does this mysterious stone hold a secret about human civilization?
- Day 2 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD Video
- St. George: Saint of the Day for Sunday, April 23, 2017
- NYC Catholics accuse Cardinal Dolan for 'playing both sides' as ...
- Scientists discover hobbits are real, but they're not related to us
- Daily Readings for Sunday, April 23, 2017
- Day 1 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, April 25th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, April 24th, 2017 HD
- Intro to the Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.