An angel who came in a dream - Angel Stories
By: Janet Lachance
My daughter in law Maura lost her beloved mom on March 16, 2006.
The previous holiday season 2005 was a particularly joyous one, when my son Chris and his wife Maura announced that they were expecting their first child the following August. Sadly, my daughter-in-law suffered a miscarriage shortly after the announcement. We were all deeply saddened by the loss of this much-wanted baby. Maura's mom, Gerry, was alive then and she offered loving support to her daughter and my son, and helped immensely during their process of healing. When Gerry died unexpectedly on March 16, 2006 of cardiac arrest, the family was once again devastated.
Months after Gerry's death, I dreamed that she and I were dancing in a green field to the tune "Miracles" (by Jefferson Starship.) Gerry held a blonde, blue-eyed little boy as she danced. I recanted the dream to my daughter-in-law and son, detailing the fact that in the dream both Gerry and I were wearing flowing hippie-style shirts. I should mention that I actually own the peach-colored shirt that I was wearing in the dream, and that the morning after the dream, when I turned on my car radio, the song "Miracles" was playing.
Months later when the family was feeling stronger, Maura and her siblings went through their mom's belongings, and gathered some sweaters and shirts that they thought I might be able to wear. They delivered these to me at their next visit. I could hardly speak when I found the IDENTICAL shirt to my peach-colored one that I'd worn in the dream--the one Gerry was wearing, only in an ivory color. It was the same to the tiniest detail of embroidery, with two hearts intertwined on the back shoulders. The tags were still on it.
The following year, Chris and Maura again announced a pregnancy. This time, the pregnancy culminated in the birth of my beautiful grandson, Keegan. He is 17 months old now, and he is the blonde blue-eyed little toddler that Gerry was dancing with in my dream. I am sure of it.
We miss Gerry more than words. Three years ago today we lost her, but she found a better place, and she still comes to us with "miracles."
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 101 - 150 of 328
- Angel to the rescue, by Mary
- i saw the light of glory, by grace.p.
- Saved from death, by Sylvia
- saving an infant, by Amanda Allen
- PROTECTORS, by Paul
- the two, by kerry
- A Beautiful Glow, by Angela
- Not Just an Ordinary Man, by Summer DeFelice
- Relax, by William Jensen
- St. Raphael, by Richard M. Hanisits, M.Ed.
- No Title, by Amy
- clouds, by bob wintersons
- baby angel, by Anna
- Angels, by Debra Smith
- A Blessed Life, by Emma
- Saved by a legion of Angels, by Catherine Eisenhart
- My Wedding day, by Jennifer Smith Barras
- Dad, by Kathy Armstrong Alegria
- Archangel Gaberial, by Curt
- Angels by the road, by Holly B
- The Angel Who Lost Her Tree, by Joe DiMino
- SARAH, by Colleen Ferguson
- whatever you do to the least of my brothers, by Manny
- Angel in the crib, by Emma
- Angel of the Miraculous Medal, by Nicole Curry
- car accident, by Tiffany
- Highway Angel, by GilbertTX
- a brief glimpse, by valerie
- My Guardian Angel Encounter, by Doris Van Wiltenburg
- Out Of The Woods, by Carol Ross
- angel in the sky, by L. Hernandez
- Must go to church!, by Angela Lopez
- Car Angel, by LISA MENINO
- Vietnam War Miracle, by Sidney Mathious
- Miracle as a child playing, by Sidney Mathious
- angel walked with me all day, by ashlea
- The Dove, by Michael De La Cerda
- Peace, by Carrie
- A visit at night, by G. Milling
- While in France., by Nita C. Hicks
- Angel told me my mother would be ok, by Joe Genovese
- Road side assistance, by Joe Genovese
- The Blessed Mother in a dream, by D. Mather CA
- my story, by me
- saved by angel, by lisa badon
- Saved By An Angel, by Lisa
- Angel Kisses, by Sarah Malone
- Dream of a voice and white surroundings, by Mary in NJ
- Auto Accident, by MaryinNJ
- Open My Eyes, by Marian Grace
Saint Feast Days by Month
David, the youngest son of Scotland's virtuous queen, (Saint) Margaret, succeeded his brother to the Scottish throne in 1124. David's friend, (Saint) Aelred, abbot of the English monastery of ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Sts. Perpetua and Felicity were Christian martyrs who lived during the early persecution of the Church in Africa by the Emperor Severus. With details concerning the lives of many early martyrs unclear and often based on legend, we are fortunate to have the actual ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
"I prefer death in Christ Jesus to power over the farthest limits of the earth. He who died in place of us is the one object of my quest. He who rose for our sakes is my one desire." In 107, during the reign of the brutal Emperor Trajan, this holy Bishop was ... continue reading
Ignatius was the son of a poor farmer in Laconi, Italy. He was born on December 17, 1701. When he was about seventeen, he became very ill. He promised to be a Franciscan if he would get better. But when the illness left him, his father convinced him to wait. A couple ... continue reading
By Deacon Keith Fournier
Father, raise up women like Catherine of Siena for this new missionary age of your Church. Women who are so in love with you, and so conformed to the Image of your Son, they can do for your Church in this hour, what she did in her own. Saints are a gift for the ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Pope Francis and Donald Trump have monumental first meeting HD Video
- Daily Reading for Friday, May 26th, 2017 HD Video
- Fr. Frank Pavone: The Pro-Life Meaning of the Ascension
- 'Our God is the God of history': Holy Father sends critical message ...
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, May 24, 2017
- 'Miracle Workers': Owen Wilson and Daniel Radcliffe star as God and ...
- St. David I of Scotland: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, May 24, 2017
- john the baptist
- saint anne
- hail holy queen
- saint elizabeth
- saint paul
- saint christopher
- st mary
- nicene creed
- our lady of guadalupe
- saint francis of assisi
- young children
- Saint Nicole
- st. michael
- saint francis
- st nicholas
- all saints day
- Daily Reading for Thursday, May 25th, 2017 HD
- Bomb explodes during Ariana Grande concert full of young fans HD
- St. John Baptist de Rossi HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, May 24th, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.