A rose from dad - Angel Stories
By: Maggie Castaneda
Here is my story of an encounter with an angel. It was a Sunday morning I got up as usual doing my laundry etc. Then I got the urge to go to the flea market. I asked my son, do you want to go to the flea market with me? He said yes, so we went. I went around to the venders feeling happy, and generous. Seeing the need of the people. I bought what I wanted, and gave to the people in need selling bread etc, and to those asking for donations for church, which I normally don't. I am never sure where the money goes. But something in me told me to go ahead and donate.
So then when I was done with my rounds. I told my son lets go buy some Chinese food for your father to go as he asked. So we bought some food, and were headed to the car in the parking lot. In the corner of my eye. I could see a young man in a grey pin stripped suit , with a nice lavender shirt on, clean cut, kind of standing up from a scrunched position like he just landed in the middle of the parking lot.
He saw that I saw him, and asked can I have a moment of your time in Spanish. I said, "yes". I told my son if he is selling something we are not buying anything. But he had nothing to sell just a long stemmed white rose in his had. He said, "I am a person that has had a lot of bad things happen to me". "I know you have a good heart ,and a good life". I shook my head yes. He said, "you know this" I said yes. I knew this because this is something I pray about constantly. Why people are mean to me if I have a good heart? And why am I not happy or satisfied with my life, why do I want more? He said he wanted to give me this rose. I took it, and he asked if he could have a hug. Normally I do not give out hugs, but I was not afraid. His face was like porcelain ,and his eyes were a calming blue. He looked like my daughter friend which I love him like a son. So he did not look like a stranger. I gave him a hug , and he left in the opposite direction. I turned around , and he had his head turned around looking at me. I waved good bye, and hugged my son ,and said what a good day, I even got a flower. I raised the flower to the sky ,and said thank you daddy, and I blessed myself. For I knew this was a sign from up above, a gift from daddy. I turned around again to look at him, he was gone. I was shocked and weeped like a baby as I got in my car.
I knew my dad knew I was thinking of him on his birthday ,and wanted me to have some peace in my life, and stop grieving. He got the rose I lit for him, and returned a white rose to me. White rose is the sign of peace. I am told angels usually give you a sign something you recognize. I knew what that white rose ment.
You see prior on Dec 14th is my dads birthday, I was so sad. I was working ,but more than anything I wanted to be at the cemetery with my father on his birthday he passed in August of 2005. My mom in 2003. So I wanted to do something to let him know I was thinking of him. So I had a little white rose candle, my daughter had given me as a gift. I was saving it for a special occasion. So what better occasion than my fathers birthday . So I lit the candle all day in front of a 5x7 picuture I have of my dad at work.Crying off and on all day missing my father still grieving. The following Saturday I couldn't get to the cemetery fast enough to be with my father and mother and spend time with them.
So I came home told my husband the experience and put the white rose in a long tall vase. That rose was getting more beautiful by the day. It last 2 weeks without me watering it ,and seems to glow at night. I talked to some spiritual friends about the experience ,and they all agree I had an encounter with an angel. Yes it was a sign.
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 101 - 150 of 329
- Angel to the rescue, by Mary
- i saw the light of glory, by grace.p.
- Saved from death, by Sylvia
- saving an infant, by Amanda Allen
- PROTECTORS, by Paul
- A is for Archangel, by Mary Brown
- the two, by kerry
- A Beautiful Glow, by Angela
- Not Just an Ordinary Man, by Summer DeFelice
- Relax, by William Jensen
- St. Raphael, by Richard M. Hanisits, M.Ed.
- No Title, by Amy
- clouds, by bob wintersons
- baby angel, by Anna
- Angels, by Debra Smith
- A Blessed Life, by Emma
- Saved by a legion of Angels, by Catherine Eisenhart
- My Wedding day, by Jennifer Smith Barras
- Dad, by Kathy Armstrong Alegria
- Archangel Gaberial, by Curt
- Angels by the road, by Holly B
- The Angel Who Lost Her Tree, by Joe DiMino
- SARAH, by Colleen Ferguson
- whatever you do to the least of my brothers, by Manny
- Angel in the crib, by Emma
- Angel of the Miraculous Medal, by Nicole Curry
- car accident, by Tiffany
- Highway Angel, by GilbertTX
- a brief glimpse, by valerie
- My Guardian Angel Encounter, by Doris Van Wiltenburg
- Out Of The Woods, by Carol Ross
- angel in the sky, by L. Hernandez
- Must go to church!, by Angela Lopez
- Car Angel, by LISA MENINO
- Vietnam War Miracle, by Sidney Mathious
- Miracle as a child playing, by Sidney Mathious
- angel walked with me all day, by ashlea
- The Dove, by Michael De La Cerda
- Peace, by Carrie
- A visit at night, by G. Milling
- While in France., by Nita C. Hicks
- Angel told me my mother would be ok, by Joe Genovese
- Road side assistance, by Joe Genovese
- The Blessed Mother in a dream, by D. Mather CA
- my story, by me
- saved by angel, by lisa badon
- Saved By An Angel, by Lisa
- Angel Kisses, by Sarah Malone
- Dream of a voice and white surroundings, by Mary in NJ
- Auto Accident, by MaryinNJ
Saint Feast Days by Month
Considered by some historians to be the founder of the Carmelite Order. He was born in Limoges, France, and proved a brilliant student at the University of Paris. Ordained a priest, Berthold joined ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
St. Angela Merici was an Italian religious educator and founder of the Ursulines whose deep prayer life and relationship with the Lord bore the fruit of mystical encounters with God. She was born on March 21, 1474 in Desenzano, a small town on the shore of Lake Garda ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Saint Birgitta was the daughter of Uppland's Lagman, Birger Petersson and his wife, Ingeborg, who was a member of the same clan as the reigning family. Birgitta's family was pious; her father went to confession every Friday and made long and arduous pilgrimages as far ... continue reading
St. Bonaventure, Bishop and Doctor of the Church (Feast day-July 15) St. Bonaventure, known as "the seraphic doctor," was born at Bagnoregio, in the Lazio region of central Italy, in 1221. He received the name of Bonaventure in consequence of an exclamation of St. ... continue reading
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
The most kids know of St. Patrick 's Day is that you must wear green or you'll get a pinch from your friends. Adults see the day as an occasion to celebrate, sometimes with green beer and other assorted alcoholic beverages. However, few really know what they are ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
More Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Hope for the injured? Implant allows paralyzed man to move arm using ...
- 'Living Lent': Wednesday of the Fourth Week of Lent - Day 29
- Seven Deadly Sins: Envy
- Cause of California's drought is revealed HD Video
- Daily Reading for Thursday, March 30th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, March 29, 2017
- St. Berthold: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, March 29, 2017
- Pope Francis' important message for children HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, March 29th, 2017 HD
- Supermassive black hole discovered surfing gravitational wave HD
- Catholic Archdiocese of Mexico calls out 'traitor' Mexicans HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.