Devine Intervention - Angel Stories
I am with the armed services assigned with a special unit to work on the terrorist communist groups in my country. We were then given a week-long mission purposely to recover war materiel hidden by the communists in a remote community. As we learned during the briefing before we departed for the mission, only two armed bandits were guarding the supposed hide-out. Our commanding officer decided, the three of us could handle the job plus the guide who will accompany us to the target area. Two days passed and we hadn't carried out the mission due to some circumstances. Unknown to us, some twenty heavily armed communist insurgents were holed-out in the area by then. On the fourth day we proceeded with our plan and headed for a recon on board an SUV. We did not consider arming ourselves with high-powered firearms and brought only pistols. My commanding officer did not even bring a stick to protect himself, but just put-on an armor vest confident that our plan will work out. The plan was, after the recon we turn back, the guide will trick the two commies and we jump on the two and subdue them. As we passed-by on the heavily tinted SUV, we marked the target and drove ahead for 200 meters and made an abrupt turn towards the target. We were still unaware of the danger lurking ahead. It has been my habit saying a prayer of protection from Mama Mary when going to work. I was holding a small wooden crucifix hung around my neck when I asked "Lord if it is your will deliver them to us" when we make the recon. Then the odd thing happened, when the SUV was heading for the assault. At about hundred meters from the target, I said to the team "Get ready!" And that was the last thing I remembered and all the rest of us. As if the world had disappeared and time had stopped for a couple of minutes. We all regain our senses some seven kilometers away back heading our home base and exclaimed in unison "what happened!" We are all flabbergasted and cannot believe what had just transpired. When we returned to the command post everybody is still awake at 1:30am waiting for us to return because the commanding officer joined the mission. In the morning it was decided to stand-by for another operation but was completely cancelled the following day after receiving negative report on the objective. The whole picture of the incident became clear, God sent an Angel to protect us from harm. A young soldier among those waiting for our arrival told us that we had a "company" when we returned. He told me that there were four of us except the guide in the vehicle. A young boy dressed in white was positioned between you and the driver of the SUV, he said. The boy never left the vehicle while the mission is on stand-by. He just left when commanding officer finally terminated it. A few days later we learned from intelligence report of the twenty terrorist waiting for us and had also left after our first day of operation. Home in our headquarters in the capital, I told the young soldier, "why did you not inform me at once", I demanded. And he replied "Sir, I thought you're aware of the boy beside you; and I thought all along that the boy was the informant's son or you've just pick-up along the way". And I thank God the more and pray too to His Holy Angels.
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 51 - 100 of 328
- Encounter with an archangel, by June Warner
- Holy Angels Among Us, by Rebecca
- my ANGEL, by Beverly
- Mother's Love, by Julie
- Norah's Life, by Julie
- IT WAS TWO ANELS WHO SAVED MY BROTHER, by Sherrie
- Angel with eyes of fire, by B
- The Tallest Angel, by Karine-Geraldine Buchanan
- I met him at last, by Marge Ross
- God sent an Angel to stop one more step, by Lilly Kelley
- The angel in the Stratosphere, by George Valdez Velasco
- An Angel on the Way Home, by Zehry Galingan
- Doubting the Guardian Angel's Existance, by Aluna Abbott
- Spiritual moment, by Andy
- MY GUARDIAN ANGEL, by Stella
- My Angel, by Crissy
- Godsend, by Char S.
- Teresa's Angel, by Teresa Marie Staal Cowley
- A Broken Down Car, by Marlene
- A Dream, by Marlene Slominski
- Heavenly Arms, by Cathy Robinson
- Devine Intervention, by Anthony
- How to Crawl, by C.G.Collier
- flash of light pillow of calmness, by teresa
- Maybe He's An Angel, by Anna Eftink
- Angels for the birds, by CMB
- angel of comfort, by ROSEMARY MORSE
- the love of an angel (would u die for him), by kristine ledford
- My First Written Encounter, by Tommy Fry
- Angel in a flash, by Carl
- A Beautiful Messenger, by Evelyn Kritenbrink
- My angels for a validation, by Claudia Dominguez P.
- Shrinking cars, by Penny
- The Angel of the Wave Pool, by Jeremy Mezera
- A Need to help my Sister, by mymessage
- Peace be with you, by Guerda
- Security guard angel , by Brenda
- St. Mary in my dream on 1st Nov. (day of all saints), by Mymessage
- My Gardian in Adoration Chapel, by John R. Broussard
- Angel in an open coat, by Joseph-Bernard Snyder, S.F.O.
- My Guardian Angel, by Alexandra
- Mery's message for Confession, by mymessage
- dreams, by demi
- Angel Of My Dreams, by Rene Kuylen (From Belize, Central America)
- Angels saved me twice, by Tricia Coleman
- When i was 6 years old., by Dankly
- I saw an Angel once, by David Munyon
- halo, by Joanne B
- Uncle Mike, by Rebecca Cory in Brandon, FL
- Heaven, by Melissa Dorethy
Saint Feast Days by Month
St. Stephen the Great (977-1038), was the son of the Magyar chieftain Geza, Stephen succeeded him as leader in 997. Already raised a Christian, in 996 he wed the daughter of Duke Henry II of Bavaria ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
St. Elizabeth of Hungary, also known as St. Elizabeth of Thuringia, was born in Hungary on July 7, 1207 to the Hungarian King Andrew II and Gertrude of Merania. As soon as her life began, she had responsibilities from being a royal pressed upon her. While Elizabeth ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Benedictine abbot in Lerins, in France. He is reported as a co-worker of St. Amandus of Lerins. continue reading
By Deacon Frederick Bartels
Why is the Assumption important? First, lets look at what this dogma is all about. On 1 November, 1950, Pope Pius XII issued the Apostolic Constitution Munificentissimus Deus in which he proclaimed the dogma of the Assumption: "Mary, the immaculate perpetually Virgin ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Pro-life wins in Texas with new law to protect religious freedom and ...
- Over 20 million people facing starvation - and we should care!
- Should history be rewritten to appease the angry? HD Video
- St. Clare of Montefalco: Saint of the Day for Thursday, August 17, 2017
- North Korea launches purge against Christians as faith spreads across ...
- Daily Readings for Thursday, August 17, 2017
- Get ready for self checkout everywhere: 3.5 million retail cashiers ...
- Daily Reading for Friday, August 18th, 2017 HD
- Catholic Online YouTube HD
- Today is the Feast of the Assumption. Why do we celebrate it? HD
- North Korea backs down in face of U.S. threat, but why? HD