Angel in an open coat - Angel Stories
By: Joseph-Bernard Snyder, S.F.O.
This happened to me several years ago. I submitted the story to the author who has written many books on angels. At any rate, my encounter occured several years ago. It was a Sunday evening, in the fall, it was around 9:30 in the evening and I had decided to run around the corner to the supermarket before they closed to get some milk for the morning. While in the store I realized there were other grocery items that I needed, so I purchased them as well. Needless to say, this took me past the closing time of the store, and I was the last customer out of the store and was weighed down with several bags. I had to walk home, a couple of blocks. I live in a big city, in the down town district. When I came out of the store I looked across the street and saw 4 rough looking guys just hanging on the opposite corner, I immediately had a gut feeling that they were up to no good. I turned to the right, which is the way I had to walk to get back to my apt complex. As I walked down the street, with several heavy grocery bags in both hands, I had to stop a couple of times to give my arms/hands a rest, it was during one of these rest periods that I had noticed that these 4 guys were walking in the same direction as me, but on the opposite side of the street. An uncomfortable feeling hit me in my gut. I picked up my bags and began to walk a little faster, as I picked up my pace, they picked up theirs, and then 3 of the guys crossed the street and were now following me, gaining on me as I continued to walk faster. I looked forward and all around and there was NO ONE anywhere to call to or help and I knew I was in trouble. The street was dark and now it was after 10:30 p.m. I said a quick prayer, Dear Lord, please get me home safely. It was then that standing in front of me, was a young man, dressed in a suit and tie, with a trench coat opened and blowing in the eveing breeze, he stood right in front of me and asked if I needed help. I told him that I was ok, then he said to me, well let me walk with you. I said to him, thats ok, I dont want to inconvenience you, he firmly said, thats ok, I WILL WALK WITH YOU. At that he reached and took a couple of the bags that I was carrying. The 3 men following me and the 1 man on the opposite side of the street continued to follow us, but at a little distance behind us. When we, this young man and I reached the traffic light, across from my apt complex, I said to him, I live over there, he said, "yes I know", I was a bit puzzled and asked him, "by the way what is your name", he said " Michael", I said, wow, just like the angel and you came out of no where like an angel, he said "yea, how about that". The light changed, and Michael and I crossed the street together, the 4 other guys were on the other side of the street, still watching Michael and I. When we crossed the street, we had gotten to the locked gate to my apt. complex, I said to Michael that I would be ok, he said that he would wait until I unlocked the gate and was inside the court yard. I thanked Michael and he looked intently into my eyes, with a look that to this day is not easy to explain, but it was deep, it was peaceful and peace filled and warm. I unlocked the gate, took my bags and closed the gate behind me. As I began to walk towards my apt, I looked back and down the street and he/Michael was gone, nowhere to be seen, nowhere in site. It was then that I realized that the young man I encountered, who walked me home, who was my guide and protector on that dark street that night, was truly a being from Heaven.
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 51 - 100 of 328
- Encounter with an archangel, by June Warner
- Holy Angels Among Us, by Rebecca
- my ANGEL, by Beverly
- Mother's Love, by Julie
- Norah's Life, by Julie
- IT WAS TWO ANELS WHO SAVED MY BROTHER, by Sherrie
- Angel with eyes of fire, by B
- The Tallest Angel, by Karine-Geraldine Buchanan
- I met him at last, by Marge Ross
- God sent an Angel to stop one more step, by Lilly Kelley
- The angel in the Stratosphere, by George Valdez Velasco
- An Angel on the Way Home, by Zehry Galingan
- Doubting the Guardian Angel's Existance, by Aluna Abbott
- Spiritual moment, by Andy
- MY GUARDIAN ANGEL, by Stella
- My Angel, by Crissy
- Godsend, by Char S.
- Teresa's Angel, by Teresa Marie Staal Cowley
- A Broken Down Car, by Marlene
- A Dream, by Marlene Slominski
- Heavenly Arms, by Cathy Robinson
- Devine Intervention, by Anthony
- How to Crawl, by C.G.Collier
- flash of light pillow of calmness, by teresa
- Maybe He's An Angel, by Anna Eftink
- Angels for the birds, by CMB
- angel of comfort, by ROSEMARY MORSE
- the love of an angel (would u die for him), by kristine ledford
- My First Written Encounter, by Tommy Fry
- Angel in a flash, by Carl
- A Beautiful Messenger, by Evelyn Kritenbrink
- My angels for a validation, by Claudia Dominguez P.
- Shrinking cars, by Penny
- The Angel of the Wave Pool, by Jeremy Mezera
- A Need to help my Sister, by mymessage
- Peace be with you, by Guerda
- Security guard angel , by Brenda
- St. Mary in my dream on 1st Nov. (day of all saints), by Mymessage
- My Gardian in Adoration Chapel, by John R. Broussard
- Angel in an open coat, by Joseph-Bernard Snyder, S.F.O.
- My Guardian Angel, by Alexandra
- Mery's message for Confession, by mymessage
- dreams, by demi
- Angel Of My Dreams, by Rene Kuylen (From Belize, Central America)
- Angels saved me twice, by Tricia Coleman
- When i was 6 years old., by Dankly
- I saw an Angel once, by David Munyon
- halo, by Joanne B
- Uncle Mike, by Rebecca Cory in Brandon, FL
- Heaven, by Melissa Dorethy
Saint Feast Days by Month
Feastday: September 20 The evangelization of Korea began during the 17th century through a group of lay persons. A strong vital Christian community flourished there under lay leadership until ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
St. Genevieve was a fair and courageous peasant girl who was born around 422 in Nanterre, France, to a man named Severus and a woman named Gerontia. When Genevieve was only seven-years-old, St. Germanus, Bishop of Auxerre visited Nanterre on his way to Britain. While ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
St. James the Less, the author of the first Catholic Epistle, was the son of Alphaeus of Cleophas. His mother Mary was either a sister or a close relative of the Blessed Virgin, and for that reason, according to Jewish custom, he was sometimes called the brother of the ... continue reading
By Deacon Frederick Bartels
Why is the Assumption important? First, lets look at what this dogma is all about. On 1 November, 1950, Pope Pius XII issued the Apostolic Constitution Munificentissimus Deus in which he proclaimed the dogma of the Assumption: "Mary, the immaculate perpetually Virgin ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Is the Virgin Mary appearing in a small Bavarian village? A thousand ...
- Terrifying earthquake collapses buildings in Mexico City, hundreds ...
- Pope Francis changes status of John Paul II Institute for Marriage ...
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, September 20, 2017
- Sts. Andrew Kim Taegon, Paul Chong Hasang, and Companions: Saint of ...
- Daily Reading for Friday, September 22nd, 2017 HD Video
- It's time to pray for all those afflicted by disaster!
- Officials warn, 'evacuate or die' as Maria churns towards Puerto Rico HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, September 21st, 2017 HD
- Another priest rescued from ISIS! Philippine Army rescues 'Fr. Chito' HD
- Another priest rescued from ISIS! Philippine Army rescues 'Fr. Chito' HD
Sts. Andrew Kim Taegon, Paul Chong Hasang, and Companions
September 20: Feastday: September 20 The evangelization of ... Read More