My Guardian Angel - Angel Stories
So, here's the deal, my guardian angel, who I haven't seen since I was ten, I suspect to be the guy currently flirting with me, and if he is, he's not seeming to be trying to hide anything. Any way, the next section is one I have copied from my autobiograhpy document on my laptop, but don't be put off by that, it's all true. Something you may need to know before you read my story is that I was ten when me, my mom & pa and our dog Barney moved from Texas to rural Oregon.
My parents were arguing in the front, with my dad behind the wheel. They were talking about something to do with 'telling' and 'secrets'.
"We can't keep secrets from her anymore, Billy!", my mum cried, looking round at me, a small ten year old, huddled, freezing in the back of a car, with blood shot eyes and a concerned expression.
"What do you suppose we do, Karen? By telling her, it could get us all killed!", retorted my dad, banging a hand on the steering wheel as the car in front skidded to a stop.
The enraged discussion went on for about an hour whilst we were on the interstate. I was sat in the back, snuggled in my fleece with the family dog, Barney, tucked up in a few towels on my lap, and quivering like a leaf in the wind. That's when it happened. As the long line of cars slowly began to move, a large object whizzed through the air, smashing straight into the front wind screen. In their panic, my parents raised their hands to shield their eyes. The dog began to yelp, wanting to leap for safety. Barney launched himself down towards the floor of the car, leaving me stranded to watch as my parents were slaughtered.
The thing on the bonnet smashed its fist straight into the windscreen, grabbing my mum by the neck. Through my tears of terror, I noticed that the attacker seemed to be a boy, or maybe a girl, it was hard to tell, but it was a person at least. I sat shivering as my dad let out a yell that drove the thing back. It hissed at him, the lashed out with a clawed hand, slicing through his neck. I let out a whimper as my dad's head fell to one side and his white shirt began to turn red with blood. My mum screamed as a second figure ripped the door clean off of its hinges and grabbed her. She was dragged out of the car and from where I was sat, in the middle of the three seats in the back, I saw her disappear into the mist the thawed snow was creating.
The thing that was perched on the bonnet was about to run off when it noticed me. It tilted it's head on one side and swung itself inside the car. I tried to back up, but I had nowhere to go. It gave a small laugh and reached out for me. Just as light passed over them and gave me a chance to see who they were, my hair fell over my hazel eyes. As I wisped away my hair, the figure was dragged back through the window, letting out an inhuman cry as the shards of glass pierced it in many places. The hollering corpse was flung clear out of sight, leaving me trembling in the car.
After a few agonizing moments of recognition, a figure appeared around the side of the car. It was tall, dark and at first, I panicked as I thought it may be one of the attackers. I edged towards the window, desperate to catch a glimpse of the mysterious person. As the mist receded, I saw a boy, with black hair and even darker eyes. His skin was pale and he looked to be around sixteen or seventeen. What was even more startling was the fact that it was minus eighteen degrees and yet he wore no top. His head suddenly snapped round and he spotted me looking at him. He bent down and pulled open the mangled door.
I slid back in the seat, beginning to breathe hard.
"It's alright.", he whispered, holding out a hand, "I'm here to help you. You're safe with me." I looked cautiously at his hand, and then shuffled closer to him. Barney gave a yap as I took his hand. He gave a smile and ruffled Barney's head. The dog immediately leapt out of the car, bounding around the stranger's heels and barking for all he was worth. Slipping his arms around me carefully, he lifted me from the car. Only when I was brought outside did I see the damage. The impact of the first attacker that killed my dad had sent the car into a spin, judging from the skid marks that could just be seen through the black ice, and the car's trunk had slammed into the bridge wall nearby.
After that, the car began to spin again, hitting the wall on both sides several times. I gave a choked exhale at the thought of how lucky I was to be alive. The boy suddenly stopped walking, and as I listened, I heard the sound of police sirens. He placed me onto the icy floor and looked me hard in the eye and hissed,
"Don't tell them anything about me or those other two, I'll take care of that, just tell them the car skidded out of control and you'll never have to deal with anything like this ever again. I promise, I will find you again, Alex."
"How do you know me?", I asked as he walked off. He never replied. Only then did I make out what had merged with the grey and white mist around.
On his back were two wings, pure ivory white and tremendously large. My throat seized up as I began to speak,
"Who are you?" He jumped up easily onto the wall of the bridge and looked around to meet my eyes. Giving a dazzling smile he retorted,
"I'm your guardian angel.", and with that, he leapt off of the bridge.
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 51 - 100 of 328
- Encounter with an archangel, by June Warner
- Holy Angels Among Us, by Rebecca
- my ANGEL, by Beverly
- Mother's Love, by Julie
- Norah's Life, by Julie
- IT WAS TWO ANELS WHO SAVED MY BROTHER, by Sherrie
- Angel with eyes of fire, by B
- The Tallest Angel, by Karine-Geraldine Buchanan
- I met him at last, by Marge Ross
- God sent an Angel to stop one more step, by Lilly Kelley
- The angel in the Stratosphere, by George Valdez Velasco
- An Angel on the Way Home, by Zehry Galingan
- Doubting the Guardian Angel's Existance, by Aluna Abbott
- Spiritual moment, by Andy
- MY GUARDIAN ANGEL, by Stella
- My Angel, by Crissy
- Godsend, by Char S.
- Teresa's Angel, by Teresa Marie Staal Cowley
- A Broken Down Car, by Marlene
- A Dream, by Marlene Slominski
- Heavenly Arms, by Cathy Robinson
- Devine Intervention, by Anthony
- How to Crawl, by C.G.Collier
- flash of light pillow of calmness, by teresa
- Maybe He's An Angel, by Anna Eftink
- Angels for the birds, by CMB
- angel of comfort, by ROSEMARY MORSE
- the love of an angel (would u die for him), by kristine ledford
- My First Written Encounter, by Tommy Fry
- Angel in a flash, by Carl
- A Beautiful Messenger, by Evelyn Kritenbrink
- My angels for a validation, by Claudia Dominguez P.
- Shrinking cars, by Penny
- The Angel of the Wave Pool, by Jeremy Mezera
- A Need to help my Sister, by mymessage
- Peace be with you, by Guerda
- Security guard angel , by Brenda
- St. Mary in my dream on 1st Nov. (day of all saints), by Mymessage
- My Gardian in Adoration Chapel, by John R. Broussard
- Angel in an open coat, by Joseph-Bernard Snyder, S.F.O.
- My Guardian Angel, by Alexandra
- Mery's message for Confession, by mymessage
- dreams, by demi
- Angel Of My Dreams, by Rene Kuylen (From Belize, Central America)
- Angels saved me twice, by Tricia Coleman
- When i was 6 years old., by Dankly
- I saw an Angel once, by David Munyon
- halo, by Joanne B
- Uncle Mike, by Rebecca Cory in Brandon, FL
- Heaven, by Melissa Dorethy
Saint Feast Days by Month
William of Vercelli, Saint 1085-1142. founder, born in Vercelli Italy he was brought up as an orphan became a hermit on Monte Vergine, Italy after a pilgrimage to Compostella and attracted so many ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska of the Blessed Sacrament was born as Helena Kowalska, in Glogowiec, Leczyca County, north-west of Lódz in Poland on August 25, 1905. She was the third of 10 children to a poor and religious family. Faustina first felt a calling to the ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Bishop and prophet, called "the Elder" or "the Bald." Also known as Elphege, he was the bishop of Winchester, England. There he ordained St. Dunstan. A holy prophet, Alphege is credited with helping to restore monasticism to England. continue reading
Alvarez was born in either Lisbon, Portugal, or Cordova, Spain. He entered the Dominican convent at Cordova in 1368. He became known for his preaching prowess in Spain and Italy, was confessor and adviser of Queen Catherine, John of Gaunt's daughter, and tutor of King ... continue reading
By Deacon Keith Fournier
Father, raise up women like Catherine of Siena for this new missionary age of your Church. Women who are so in love with you, and so conformed to the Image of your Son, they can do for your Church in this hour, what she did in her own. Saints are a gift for the ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- St. William of Vercelli: Saint of the Day for Sunday, June 25, 2017
- How a Catholic should deal with Tinder and other dating apps
- Daily Readings for Sunday, June 25, 2017
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, June 27th, 2017 HD Video
- 'Half-Man-Half-Beast sent by the Devil' sparks fear in South African ...
- Daily Reading for Monday, June 26th, 2017 HD Video
- The end of the farm as we know it has arrived - here's how we're ...
- Daily Reading for Sunday, June 25th, 2017 HD
- Pope Francis prepares an incredible gift of love and solidarity for South Sudan HD
- St. Emma HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, June 24th, 2017 HD