Angel at the train station. - Angel Stories
In 1986 I was 23, single, living at home in Westchester County NY and working in NYC. I took the commuter train, Metro-North, in to the city from the Golden's Bridge station everyday. Sometimes I would commute in with my Dad, but I had later start time and end time hours than he did so I was often commuting alone. It wasn't uncommon for me to take the last train out of Grand Central at night, the 11:15pm.
The commuter parking lot at the Golden's Bridge station wasn't big enough. And if you weren't a first thing in the morning commuter, the parking spots would be full by 8am and you were left to park on the side of the rural highway outside the parking lot. This meant a 10 minute walk to the platform - more if you happened to be very late and had to park at the end of the line outside the lot. This is where I frequently had to park my little jeep.
There was this odd guy I used to see on the platform in the morning sometimes. He was a few years older than me and seemed to always be wearing the same dark brown, wool, 3-piece suit. He wore this even in the summer months. He had messy dirty blonde hair, was tallish and kind of scrawny. Seemed socially awkward, was often looking down at the ground. I never talked to him until this one day -- I was on the 5pm out of Grand Central and got off at Golden's Bridge with the mass of other commuters. Odd guy caught up with me as I was walking down the platform stairs. There were a lot of people around and I was comfortable enough having a light, superficial chat with him about the lousy parking conditions. Turned out he was parked on the street outside the parking lot too, just behind my jeep in fact, so we walked together all the way to my car, exchanging first names and general pleasantries. But, when we got to my car, he actually leaned in to kiss me on the mouth, as though we'd just had a date -- I pulled back, giggled nervously and stuck out my hand to shake his while saying something like 'it's nice to meet you'. He got really angry by this, muttered something I couldn't hear and stomped off pretty pissed off.
This experience pretty much freaked me out and afterward I was more keenly aware of my surroundings and I avoided running in to him as much as I could. But I did have to pass right by him getting on or off a train several times in the weeks that followed - and when I did, he muttered expletives as I went by, things like "***king whore". This confirmed to me that he was crazy. I was weary of him, told my parents about this but thought I could handle it.
One weekday night I was getting on the last train leaving Grand Central Station when I noticed him through the window of the train car next to the one I was about to get on. I didn't think he saw me in the crowd so I moved to the farthest car away from his and hunkered down for the ride to Golden's Bridge. These were the days before cell phones so I couldn't easily tell anyone what was happening. I thought I was being really clever by waiting until he got off the train and up the stairs before I exited the train behind the crowd. I also thought I was being smart to wait on the dark train platform until he had gotten to his car and left before I ventured out to get mine -- which was parked on the road again outside the parking lot.
I called my mother from the pay phone on the platform to let her know what I was doing and what was happening. She wanted to come and get me but I really thought I had outsmarted him and had the situation under control. I waited for about another 20 minutes before I started my walk down the platform stairs to my car. By then, every other commuter who had gotten off at Golden's Bridge was long gone. It was the last train of the night, was about 12:30am on a weekday and no one at all was around, anywhere. I felt perfectly safe though walking through the lot, and I was proud of myself for having stayed calm and for being so smart.
The exit ramp from the train station parking lot to the rural highway was a steep hill and as I walked to the top of it, my smugness turned quickly to terror as I saw Odd Guy sitting in his parked car just at the top of the hill, car running, lights on, waiting for me. He rolled down his window, and trying to sound casual and friendly he said, 'hey Colette, let me give you a ride to your car." My heart was in my shoes. I was completely vulnerable. There was not a soul on the road. This was not a well traveled road at all. Very woodsy area, no businesses or homes anywhere nearby. I was all alone in the dark with this unstable guy who was focused on me.
I nervously said something like, 'no thanks, that's ok'.
I saw that crazy, angry look flash on his face and I knew I was in deep trouble. This guy was absolutely going to hurt me. It was all over him. He slammed his foot on his gas pedal and rode up right next to me. I kept walking, shoulders hunched up by my ears now and I was still a good 200 years away from my jeep. I had no idea how I was going to get out of this and he was getting more agitated, yelling something at me now.
Headlights appeared out of the blackness from behind his car. I didn't think to wave the car down. I don't know why in retrospect but it turned out I didn't have to. This car stopped behind his, the driver, a woman in her 40's, rolled down her window and said to me "is he bothering you?" I said "yes" and she said "get in". Creepy guy peeled away, tires screeching with a look on his face like he couldn't believe this intervention had happened, just when he was so close. I couldn't believe it either. I got in her car and nervously told her my whole story of every encounter with him. She told me she was a local police officer's wife and that there had been a number of rape/murders in the area recently and that was why she was so tuned in to what she saw when she drove up to me.
She drove me around for about 15 minutes while I talked incessantly. Then she dropped me off at my jeep, waited until I got in and followed me in her car for a little bit before driving off.
I never saw her or spoke to her again. I was never able to confirm that she was the wife of a local police officer and I was also never able to find any information about any rape/murders in the Golden's Bridge, NY area in the mid-late 80's. When I called the Golden's Bridge police station to report what had happened to me, they kept putting me on hold and treated me like I was an annoyance. I took the train in from a different station, with my Dad right after that but in a few weeks time I got a job outside the city and stopped having to commute on Metro North.
Every time I tell this story I get the chills and the hair stands up on my arms. I am sure the woman in the compact car was a guardian angel.
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 1 - 50 of 329
- miracle, by BarbE
- Personal Encounter with St. Michael The Archangel, by Melanie King
- Angel in the rearview mirror, by Virginia Smith
- Guardian Angel, by Marilyn K.
- Angel found a problem., by Chris
- St. Michael Caretaker, by Pat
- My sister, my guardian angel, by Nancy
- Homeless Angel, by Barbara Romanowski
- Angel at the train station., by Colette
- Then Two Appeared, by Russell Gooding
- Unexplain incident, by Roda
- A New Light During Death, by Julia
- A beautiful night, by Riena
- Angels of the Mall, by Emmanuel Tio
- Sleek sneakers produce a bold statement , by scahywnmt
- The sign, by Wren
- Horse riding, by Harriet
- my dead baby is an angel, by Marina Montoya
- My Most Precious Jules, by Doreen Rodriguez
- My angel butterfly, by Mandy
- Angel in my dream, by Sha-Toya
- St. Michael and the Church Lights!, by KevinGH
- you are actually a good webmaster., by ebsfoegci
- Seven FIELDS, Pa. Pittsburgh Steelers running backs mentor Kirby Wilson was, by atdbtuhve
- Nice read, I just passed this onto a friend who was doing some research on , by dzyumdfsz
- The Protection of Love, by Mark
- Spared Again, by Paula Garon
- At 6:46am on April 14, 2011, R. Joyner said..., by mkbkeerin
- To The Rescue, by Marjorie Navara
- Might of been an angel., by Gladys
- The Visitor, by Lilliana Olazaran
- Rapture Drill, by Amy S.
- Unknown Messanger, by Rose
- An Angel With Disintegrating Body, by Emmanuel Tio
- Angel of Death or Angel of Mercy?, by V
- Penny from my Gaurdian Angel, by Daisy Doll
- How I started Rosary prayer, by zemelak
- Mary and Jesus, by Elie Khoury
- Three saved by an a Angel, by Irma Vela
- angel of life, by Zoey
- Smiling Jesus, by Luke C
- the angel in the store, by david.c
- Angels watching over us, by Gloria Los Banos
- My Phone Call, by Barbara
- Touched by heaven and earth angel, by John
- St. Anthony, by David Day
- My Guardian Angel saved me from great harm, by Joan
- An Angel without wings, by Mary William
- Angel in Red, by Michael Drew
- An angels love, by Grace
Saint Feast Days by Month
Bishop and missionary, also listed as Robert of Hrodbert. A member of a noble Frankish family, he was appointed bishop of Worms, Germany, and then dedicated himself to spreading the faith among the ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Saint Teresa Benedicta of the Cross (Edith Stein)Virgin and Martyr Edith Stein, born in 1891 in Breslau, Poland, was the youngest child of a large Jewish family. She was an outstanding student and was well versed in philosophy with a particular interest in ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
The people of Olkusz in Bohemia in 1431 had every reason to be suspicious of their new pastor. They knew what a Cracow professor would think of their small rural town. But even more insulting, their town was once again being used as a dumping ground for a priest who ... continue reading
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
The most kids know of St. Patrick 's Day is that you must wear green or you'll get a pinch from your friends. Adults see the day as an occasion to celebrate, sometimes with green beer and other assorted alcoholic beverages. However, few really know what they are ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
More Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, March 29th, 2017 HD Video
- Supermassive black hole discovered surfing gravitational wave HD Video
- 7 inspiring quotes to change your life forever
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, March 28, 2017
- 'Living Lent': Tuesday of the Fourth Week of Lent - Day 28
- St. Venturino of Bergamo: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, March 28, 2017
- Miracle baby defies odds after mother refuses doctors' abortion ...
- Catholic Archdiocese of Mexico calls out 'traitor' Mexicans HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, March 26th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, March 28th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, March 27th, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.